Diorskin Forever – The Foundation that promises Flawless Perfection that lasts.. er.. Forever

in Foundation,Makeup,Product Reviews

I’m a surprisingly big fan of the Diorskin Nude liquid foundation (still am) which seems to work well on my skin so when Dior launched their Diorskin Forever foundation last year I was all eager to try it out. I mean this is a liquid foundation that is supposed to even out and correct the complexion, encourage cell renewal and feel light on your skin and above all, last.

diorskin forever2 Diorskin Forever   The Foundation that promises Flawless Perfection that lasts.. er.. Forever

Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup promises you a flawless complexion and longwearing properties. The bottle is the classic Dior foundation bottle except this one is frosted and I’d like to think that its frosted because this liquid foundation has some mattifying effects. I must say that the first time wearing this, I really loved it.

As in, really really loved it!

One pump of this foundation is more than enough to cover my face because this is one of those foundations that have “stretch” in them. If you can imagine, when you have a dollop on your skin, you can spread it out to cover a large area and the coverage is quite good. I’d put this at medium coverage which you can build up to full coverage if you prefer, but it is so light on the skin that it doesn’t feel like it is medium coverage.

When I use this one, I can actually save on the concealer for my blemishes because the foundation does a fairly decent job all on its own. When I’m lazy or short of time, I just layer on more foundation and I don’t need concealer. As for longevity, I found that the Diorskin Forever foundation lasted the whole day on me without fading, and my skin looked pretty much as good in the evening as it did in the morning. It has a semi-matte texture that isn’t fake looking but very natural,

I wore it a few days and I swore up and down that this was the best foundation ever! Perfect colour match, light on my skin, longwearing and good coverage. What more could I ask for, really!

diorskin forever Diorskin Forever   The Foundation that promises Flawless Perfection that lasts.. er.. Forever

Well, a little more hydration may have been nice. After a few days, I noticed that wonderful as this foundation is, it tended to accentuate the flakies and dry patches that I had on my skin (if any). It also didn’t leave my skin looking glowy. I had to rely on magic powders for that lit from within glow. Like the Clarins Everlasting foundation that I really do like as well for a matte and longwearing finish, this Diorskin Forever foundation left my skin looking a bit “flat”. Nothing that a bit of highlight powder couldn’t remedy, but still.

So my conclusion is that this foundation is more suited for those with normal to oily skins. I have skin that tends to be a bit dry which was why I noticed what I did. I believe that on oilier skins, you may appreciate the effects more. Which is not to say that this is a write off however, because I wear this on days when I’m not office or air-conditioning room bound. When I’m out and about in the hot and humid climate here, this foundation is perfect!

diorskin forever4 Diorskin Forever   The Foundation that promises Flawless Perfection that lasts.. er.. Forever

Diorskin Forever 010 Ivory swatch – Left: straight from bottle Right: blended

I take this one in 010 Ivory, which is my shade in all Dior foundations thus far. Like most Dior liquid foundations, the light shades tend to run a bit pink. I handle that well because my skin takes pink tones better than yellow tones. It makes my skin look brighter and more radiant. This is part of the reason why I like Dior liquid foundations – its simply because they carry slightly pink tones as compared to other counter brands that tend to go with the yellow base on the presumption that Asian skins need a yellow base.

Note: As per Peach_’s comment below, do note that Forever may oxidise on your skin so I’d suggest you try to get a sample of it and test it thoroughly before splurging icon smile Diorskin Forever   The Foundation that promises Flawless Perfection that lasts.. er.. Forever

diorskin forever5 Diorskin Forever   The Foundation that promises Flawless Perfection that lasts.. er.. Forever

Comparion swatches : (1) Guerlain Lingerie de Peau 01 Beige Pale (2) Diorskin Forever 010 Ivory (3) Diorskin Nude 010 Ivory (4) Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum #51 Light Vanilla (5) Revlon Age Defying DNA Foundation 10 Bare Buff

I find it quite interesting that in the main, most of the foundations that suit my skin best tend to be those with a very slight pink tint as these swatches show. The exception is the Bourjois Healthy Mix range which perhaps is a bit more forgiving because they are sheer and are light anyway.

You may also notice that Diorskin Forever looks smoother in texture next to the Diorskin Nude which is a fact. Forever is smoother in touch and feel and texture and spreadability. But Diorskin Nude feels more hydrating on the skin for me so that my suit those who have normal skin that tend to dry or just those who are confined in air-conditioned areas all the time because air-conditioning can really suck moisture from the skin.

In a nutshell

Diorskin Forever Extreme Wear is a new foundation from Dior that is medium to full coverage. If you use a very light hand or a brush, you may be able to just apply a very sheer layer on the skin. Coverage is good and you can even use it to cover up blemishes and save on the use of concealer. For me 010 Ivory is a good colour match. There are some pink tones so it would be advisable to try it at the counter before buying. I feel that Diorskin Forever is better for those who have normal to oily skin because I found that on slightly drier skin, it can accentuate flaky skin or very large pores and did not feel very hydrating. However it lasts hours, while looking perfect so I’d use this if I wanted a look of perfect skin and I didn’t have dry spots to take care of.

Pros: Very good coverage and foundation has nice stretchability to cover a wide expanse of skin, Light texture, Only very little is needed, Semi-matte finish, Lasts hours, Does not look like a mask on

Cons: Pricey, Coverage is a bit too matte for me so skin looks a bit flat, Not so good for dry skins as it can accentuate flaky skin

Here is the ingredient list for those interested.

diorskin forever3 Diorskin Forever   The Foundation that promises Flawless Perfection that lasts.. er.. Forever

The SPF factor of 25 and PA+++ is quite impressive and I’m glad they used a titanium dioxide blocker because I can’t wear zinc oxide. I do think this is a good foundation, just that it may be better for those with oily skin who may appreciate it a bit more than I could.

This isn’t all that new so have you tried the new Diorskin Forever Extreme Wear foundation? There was an old version apparently, but I didn’t pay attention to it then because it was back in the day when I didn’t wear liquid foundation. Look how far I’ve come, just by finding the right liquid foundation for me! icon biggrin Diorskin Forever   The Foundation that promises Flawless Perfection that lasts.. er.. Forever Maybe you’ll find yours too!

Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup Price: RM140/30ml Availability: Dior counters nationwide

Disclosure: Featured product was provided by PR for consideration. For posting guidelines please read my disclaimer.

LeGeeque February 20, 2012 at 8:52 am

I got a sample of this in 02 and it made me look yellow. Like I got jaundice! Having said that, the formulation is pretty good, I have to agree. I might just pick up 01 if I ever get sick of my Luminous Silk! (Pssttt… I love sharing foundation shades with you cos I can just buzz you and I’d know what’s the correct shade! Yay!)

February 20, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Haha definitely got the wrong colour there! We’re the same shade so don’t go wandering off next time :P

suehailee February 20, 2012 at 8:55 am

bought mine 3 months ago, in 030. i believe i got d wrong color, coz it leaves my face looking sooo tanned. when i was in the store, it was okay, but in daylight, i look horrible. ive to agree with u dat it does make my skin look flat …and unhealthy. I look sickly. but i do love the coverage. still in search for my HG foundation. =)

February 20, 2012 at 4:20 pm

It sounds like it might have oxidised on you a little. Its a pity the colour didn’t work for you and I hope you find your HG foundation soon!

Hanny Daforcena
February 20, 2012 at 9:11 am

This looks very promising indeed! I tried the Diorskin Nude before, but it oxidised on me and turned me orange… Time to beg for a sample of this one!
Hanny Daforcena recently blogged…Compony Logo FOTD: Formula 1My Profile

February 20, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Yikes! I guess I’m lucky that neither of these oxidised on me *whew!* But do try to get a sample and see if it’ll work on you because I do think it will look much better on those who have slightly oily skins

xin
February 20, 2012 at 9:18 am

i have never dried dior liquid foundation and i find myself always leaning towards a foundation that gives a glossy finish, but there’s nothing that can’t be fixed by meteorites right? ;) maybe mixing some liquid illuminator can jazz it up?
xin recently blogged…Care for a Karma Boost? Try Benefit Harvana!My Profile

February 20, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Nope, I don’t call it my magic powder for nothing! :D Mixing liquid illuminator does help as it did with the Clarins foundation but I find it too much of a bother :P

Jess February 20, 2012 at 10:13 am

I totally get what you mean by making a ‘flat’ look. It’s the finish that I can not bear by no means! :p

I have tried the compact version of this foundation, which was quite a disappointment. I find the colors of Dior base makeup not the most flattering for my skintone actually, so maybe that’s one major reason for my dislike. :(
Jess recently blogged…Coming soon…!My Profile

February 20, 2012 at 4:29 pm

I haven’t given the compact a go – I generally am quite happy with Dior bases so I guess I’m a little bit lucky in this regard. That said, I must also say that Japanese brands offer a better finish for the most part and I’m starting to experiment with them too!

February 20, 2012 at 10:36 am

I love this foundation! It doesn’t look flat on me at all. Maybe because I have combi oily skin so the mattifying effects work great on me. By the 5th hour, when I usually get all shiny, I actually look dewy with this foundation on! The shade I use is 011 because I need the yellow base. Pinkish foundations dull my face. It’s quite rare that Dior has shade 011, so I’m glad this one does!
On another note, my mom doesn’t like it because it is drying on her very dry skin. Foundation is a very personal thing – each persons skin is unique!
Lily recently blogged…Whitening & Hydrating: Chanel Le Blanc SerumMy Profile

February 20, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Great to know this one works on you – I do think it works better on slightly oily skins vs dry ones as your mom as experienced. Still, this is a good one for being out and about it because it does last very nicely.

sharon February 20, 2012 at 10:45 am

LOVE this foundation! Got a bottle of it at one of the Parkson’s in Penang last August I think and its the perfect shade in 030 for me. Love that its not drying or overly matte, maybe cos I have combination to oily skin and even with wearing glasses at work, this managed to stay on up to 12 hours which the Chanel Mat Lumiere totally fail in comparison, only staying up to 5 hours. Although its pricey, I would most like repurchase should I run out of it, as with its ‘stretch’ technology I only need 1-1 1/2 pumps for full coverage and I like its sublte scent too! :)

February 20, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Great to know this one works on you Sharon :D I’m glad to know my hunch was right, that this foundation works better for those who have slightly oilier skins as opposed to those who have drier skin. Although its pricey, you only need so little that its likely to last a while – all round yay! :)

Jamilla February 20, 2012 at 10:53 am

Thanks for the review! I need a foundation like this for Muscat due to the humidity. I hated the original Dior version – like pancake batter. I think I’ll stick with the Chanel Perfection Lumiere.

February 20, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Pancake batter! LOL!! I think the texture has improved tremendously now Jamilla :D

Ginny February 20, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I wonder if Dior is phasing out Nude in favour of Forever because 6 months ago, Nude was not available in the city you named yourself after, its very birthplace. Imagine that! It was available, however, across the English Channel but only after a lot of scouting around. I’m into my second bottle of Nude after buying my first in Changi, again, on your reliable recommendation. *Merci beaucoup, PB. Je vous aime!* Based on your review and without even trying Forever, I think it would not suit my skin and working lifestyle, so it will be a sad day for me if Dior decides to drop Nude from its range of liquid foundations.

February 20, 2012 at 4:49 pm

That’s an interesting question Ginny and I too hope not! I can’t wear Forever because of the dry skin factor and Nude just suits my skin so much better because of its hydrating properties. If I know for sure, I’ll let you know. Maybe it could be that Nude was just sold out because there were production problems? Very happy you like it too :D

Jyoan February 20, 2012 at 2:26 pm

This really lives up to my impression of Dior! I don’t own any of their product yet. But I’ve heard that all of Dior’s Foundation stretch very far, to the extent, some people may only need a green bean size. And the bottle for this is so luxurious!

Love the comparison of swatches you did. =)

Very tempted to buy a Dior New Look mascara, which I tested yesterday. But I find that it’s pretty much the same as Majolica Majorca’s latest release. Same blue even! Can’t believe it.

February 20, 2012 at 5:08 pm

I have only tried the Nude foundation and was quite impressed. Am also impressed with this Forever one, just that my skin isn’t liking it as much as I do LOL! I’m supposed to check out the New Look mascara soon. I can’t wear Majolica Majorca mascara which is a real pity because I’ve read so many good things about it!

peach_ February 20, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I really like the latest Forever, too! But I do find it’s drying during the winter and not particularly long lasting (though not many foundations look perfect on me by the end of the day.) And I agree, I have to use highlighters/luminizers to make it look more like skin. I’m giving mine a rest until the air gets less dry…Tokyo is getting dry warnings daily! FYI for those who have warm/yellow undertones, I use Dior foundations that end with a “1.” I have 021 and also 031 to mix with depending on how tan I get. As a warning, might be the shades I use but Forevers oxidize quite a bit so I had to test them out before I found the right shade, and they’re not a perfect color match with Dior Nude.

February 20, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Oh good, I’m not the only one who finds it unsuitable for drier skin :D And thank you for the tip re: foundation numbers, its very helpful! I’m going to have to edit the post to mention that it may oxidise because it didn’t on me, but some people may experience that so it would be helpful to give a heads up :D

Juan
February 20, 2012 at 8:32 pm

my next buy! bah!

February 21, 2012 at 2:30 pm

hahaha talk about enabling :P

Sunny
February 20, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Finding a good foundation is HARD, so congrats on discovering one that works for you! I have heard about it, but I am almost sure it’ll be too pink for me (Bourjois Healthy Mix matches my skin very well, so basically anything pinkish is… very pinkish on me). I’ll have to swatch it to see if I can possibly make it work for me :) Thanks or sharing Paris!
Sunny recently blogged…Skincare Review: L’Occitane Shea Butter One Minute Hand Scrub (and a Cheap Kitchen Alternative)My Profile

February 21, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Isn’t Bourjois Healthy Mix just the best ever? If I wasn’t so fickle, I’d just stick with that one :D But I’m glad I’ve found a few liquid foundations I like and am discovering new ones all the time. I still plan to try the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua everyone raves about though and if you have a chance, take a peep at the Clinique Even Better – the tones are more yellow but the texture is quite good :)

Pamela March 22, 2012 at 10:33 am

Hey Paris,

I just recently started following your blog. It’s amazing and I love all the advice you share! I’m currently using Diorskin forever as well. I got it in 020 light beige. It looks alright when I apply it at home but when I look at it under natural lighting it looks rather dark. I saw your picture and i think we look about the same shade. So I’m thinking of getting myself 010 Ivory next. Have you tried the color light beige? If so, do you think it’s took dark?

March 23, 2012 at 12:29 am

Hi Pamela, thanks for joining us ;) 020 light beige is too dark for me in Dior. I tried it once but it was a shade too dark. 010 Ivory is better for me and I hope for you too.

Alice April 13, 2012 at 1:40 am

Hey Paris, I was wondering if Diorskin Forever and Diorskin Extreme Fit are the same, just diff labeling? I could not find Diorskin Forever Extreme Wear at Robinsons The Gardens, but I did see the Extreme Fit.

April 13, 2012 at 5:22 pm

I maybe mistaken but Extreme Fit, based on memory is a compact foundation. This one should be available at all Dior counters. I believe its called Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection. Extreme Wear may have been discontinued.

Maria January 7, 2013 at 2:47 am

Hi,
I’ve bought this foundation in 020 and yes it does dry the skin a little :(. However, the shade the SA suggested, and I thought was ok, is darker than my skin, do you have a suggestion how to make it lighter? (I don’t want to buy a new foundation just to mix it with the old one only to make it lighter).

January 7, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Hi Maria, to address the slight dryness, I found that mixing in a drop of serum (I use Dior One Essential or Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair) or moisturizer helps it feel more comfortable on my skin. As for the colour, if its a lot darker then there may not be much you can do. But if its just a little darker, try to add a little more moisturizer, apply a thinner layer and see if that helps. Good luck!

Ayen January 21, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Great review!I recently got it this month, the coverage was the best i have ever tried. But i do agree with it settling on lines. Whenever i look in the mirror i look flawless,but with natural light im a few shades away from looking like an oompa loompa! I first got cameo but exchanged it for a shade lighter,i wanted to love this foundation but it just ddnt work well for me. It oxideizes and it feels really heavy on my skin.prior to buying this i did my research and found out that it got a high rating on makeupalley. Could u help me find something that works on my combination,sensitive skin? Iv tried mufe hd,ysl teint touche eclat foundation,chanel perfection lumiere,clinique,mac.i need something with a medium coverage and something that feels as if im not wearing makeup. :(

January 21, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Sorry to hear this one didn’t work out for you. I usually mix a drop of serum into the foundation and it feels much better on skin. Have you tried Diorskin Nude? It has quite a light texture and light – medium coverage. I quite like Guerlain foundations too or Clarins. Oh and maybe Burberry may work as well. Good luck!

Ayen February 10, 2013 at 6:30 am

Well ive tried this again after trying samples of laura mercier,and some other highend foundations. Apparently this was the only product that worked for me but had to make sure to exfoliate and moisturize. The only thing i hate are the undertones.i tried the pink tones but it looked funny on me.linen was the possible best match but the undertone was too golden,light beige was the closest a tad bit light but after a few hours it wAs ok.so should i go for light beige then? I hate to ask another sephora SA and then be given the wrong shade only to exchange it with another shade in a few days. My local sephora has the most horrible lighting ever,none of their recommended tones worked for me. Thank you!

February 13, 2013 at 11:25 pm

From what you have described it sounds like Light Beige is your best bet. If it matches your skin at the end, its better than it looking too deep right off the bat. Hope you find one that suits you, or perhaps try Diorskin Nude instead?

Luciana July 26, 2013 at 9:22 am

Hi!

Where can I buy a diorskin forever foundation sample?

Thanks

July 26, 2013 at 6:16 pm

I’m afraid I don’t know where to buy samples. The best way would be to ask at your local Dior counter.