I was chatting with Beetrice one day on the subject of beauty box subscriptions. You know the sort where you pay a fixed sum every month and get surprised by what you receive? It could be a good surprise or a bad one I suppose.
In most of these boxes, you get 1 full size item if you are lucky (a bottle of nail polish is considered full size!) but if not, you get a bunch of deluxe sized samples from various brands and areas of beauty – makeup, skincare, tools etc. I’ve read of some boxes including coasters and vouchers and even hair ties. I got one containing coffee beans. Erm yeah. Surprise!! Never said it was going to be a good surprise
So there we were chatting randomly about what we could put into a beauty box and a germ of an idea formed. What if I were to have a beauty box subscription? What will I put into my box?
I’ll call this the “My Women Stuff Beauty Box”** and this box will house 5 items I would put in there, that I think people will like to try. In the vein of a beauty box subscription, there is 1 full size item and 4 sample sizes. This is a recurring subscription and you will be automatically billed or you can pay up front for a year! Hurray!
I’ve also got a few blogging friends to create their boxes and tell us what goes in their boxes so hop along for a peep into mine and theirs.
Here’s what you can expect to get in the “My Women Stuff Beauty Box”** if you subscribe. Essentially, its stuff I like and that I think you will like too. This is the introductory box
- Dior Addict Extreme lipstick (click for review) – full size (I chose Plaza but you get your choice of colour, yay!) I love Dior Addict lipsticks so naturally I wanted you to have one of your very own!
- Melvita floral water spray (click for review) – sample size (your choice of floral water, yay!) I have been using these floral waters a lot recently. I use them in lieu of a lotion or toner and I love it! It dampens my skin and helps skincare absorb better. My favorite is the Rose one. Also excellent to cool down on a hot day, mist skin in dry air and set makeup.
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum (click for review) – sample size. This helped my skin recently in recovering from breakouts and general dullness. I mix it with the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery serum but you’ll have to wait and see if you get that in the next box!
- Clinique Moisture Surge (click for review)- sample size. Been using this a lot too. In the day as a light moisturizer and at night, sometimes as a sleeping mask. Reminded how much I like it.
- Kanebo Blanchir Make Off Conditioner (click for review)- sample size. For taking off makeup at the end of a long work day, I love this one. The first cleansing oil I ever used and one I intend to return to.
I’d probably also toss in a couple of packs of cotton pads because every girl needs cotton pads. All items come to you in a sturdy red box lined with luxurious white tissue and tied with a white bow.
How much will a box like this cost? Initial projections price this luxury beauty box at RM90/month. Considering the lipstick is already RM98 and you get shipping free**, I’m on the losing end and you get a steal, yes? But here’s the beauty of it – you don’t know what you’re getting next month! A little bird tells me we can expect a French brand that starts with G – Guerlain or Garnier? Surprise! Book early because only very limited boxes will be sold**
If this box isn’t to your taste, here’s what my blogging friends have put into their boxes. All posts have been published simultaneously so I am just as curious as you are to find out what are in their boxes!
- Beautyholics Anonymous
- Beauty up my life
- Beetrice’s Reviews
- Belle Demoiselle
- My Women Stuff
- My Views My Reviews
- Pretty Beautiful
- Red Luscious Lips
- Rinnah’s Consumer Reviews
- Skin Deco
- Unconventional Geek
If you could make your own beauty box, what are 5 things you’d put in there? Are you a fan of these beauty box subscription thingys? I don’t think much of them to be perfectly honest and I know for a fact that I’d never subscribe to one. I’d rather save the money for 1 nice item every month or save it all up and get that one luxury item I’m really keen on. I think it makes more sense overall. But that’s just me. How about you?
** This is a hypothetical beauty box subscription, if it wasn’t already quite clear. I still don’t believe the consumer gets much out of a service like this, but the company can expect to make a lot of money distributing surprise boxes of product samples, preying on the element of surprise. Smart!