Kinohimitsu Japan Detox Juice 6-Day Program Plum – Did it work?

in Health,Product Reviews

Curiousity killed the cat. I bought the Kinohimitsu J’pan D’tox Plum juice 6 Day Program drink on some stupid whim one evening for RM79.90 (6+2 bottles) at Caring Pharmacy and since I’d already bought it, I decided to go with it and see what happened (or not happened as it were).

kinohimitsu detox Kinohimitsu Japan Detox Juice 6 Day Program Plum   Did it work?

Note to self: Never buy anything that is not spelt properly e.g. J’pan for Japan and D’tox for Detox. You never get a happy ending icon razz Kinohimitsu Japan Detox Juice 6 Day Program Plum   Did it work?

The Kinohimitsu drink claims to be all natural and preservative free. I don’t buy into that simply because fruit drinks cannot keep without preservatives. So there. Nothing you buy that has an expiry date of more than 2 days is “natural”. “Natural and preservative free” is when you get it freshly squeezed.

The juice itself is quite tasty. Not super sweet nor gross. But I know what you’re thinking – Tell us about whether this detox thing works already! And I will with a 6 day by day recap below. No gross details don’t worry icon razz Kinohimitsu Japan Detox Juice 6 Day Program Plum   Did it work?

First some things I should expect or that this product claims to do:-

• eliminate waste and toxins from the body (not sure how I can tell)
  • cause you to go to the toilet after 2-4 hours of taking the drink (easy to tell)

Day 1

I took this in the morning after coffee and just about an hour before lunch. I don’t usually eat breakfast. (Kids! Do not take this as an example – you need breakfast :P) I ate my normal lunch. I’m going to eat my normal food this whole period because there are no restrictions and I’m not in the market to “lose weight” as it were. Besides I’m not a big eater at the best of times. By the end of the day, I had no reactions whatsoever bar a slightly rumbling tummy caused by wind.

Day 2

Took this after lunch since it says to be taken after food. Same rumbling in my tummy. No toilet action.

Day 3

Took drink after lunch again. Same story as Day 1 and 2. I was feeling a bit bloated and constipated by now. Where’s the “detox” action? Ate a mango and 2 fresh plums for dinner.

kinohimitsu detox2 Kinohimitsu Japan Detox Juice 6 Day Program Plum   Did it work?

Day 4

Took drink after lunch. Ok regular bowel movement happened before drink. No runs. Bloated feeling is gone. Wind is gone. I’m going to attribute it to the mango and plums I had for dinner on Day 3. No other reactions after taking drink.

Day 5

Took drink after lunch. No bloated feeling. No toilet action. Convinced this is a load of bollocks. Ate more mango and plums at dinner time.

Day 6

Mango and plums did the trick. Bowel action. THEN I took the drink after lunch. Nothing else happened.

Day 7

I have 8 bottles. Might as well take it. Took fruits as well. I’m on a roll eating mango and plums I’ve been buying from the “pasar malam”.

Day 8

Bowel action not attributed to drink. Drink is just to finish up stock.

Pros: Drink was not too sweet

Cons: Did nothing, Crazy expensive

And there you have it. My conclusion after doing the 6 day detox thing with this Kinohimitsu plum drink is that its a load of bollocks. I’m putting it mildly mind you. I could say worse things. On the bright side, perhaps I don’t have that much toxins in my body? icon razz Kinohimitsu Japan Detox Juice 6 Day Program Plum   Did it work?

Still, I could experience worse I guess. I think I’ll just stick to my diet of fresh fruit after dinner. It seems to work well enough for me for regular bowel movement. I might try a detox program again soon. If I do, you’ll know about it icon wink Kinohimitsu Japan Detox Juice 6 Day Program Plum   Did it work?

So you tell me. Have you tried this Kinohimitsu Detox Program and if you did, how did you find it? A load of bollocks as I did, or did it work for you?

suzanne April 12, 2010 at 9:13 am

well i think its an expensive way to go on detox. way too expensive!!! but a friend of mine swears by it. i shall stick to my banana & daily psyllium husk intake for fibre :)

ParisB April 12, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Yes very expensive. I tried taking psyllium husks. It so did not agree with me :P

synical April 12, 2010 at 10:04 am

I tried a box of the Cranberry one (6 + 1; think you got a better deal) last year, which I started on a weekend with a bottle after dinner.

There was some gas, bloat and (some) bowel action… but I don’t think I felt any differently than before I started.

So I concur: it is a load of bollocks :P

ParisB April 12, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Haha! Thanks for agreeing with me. I disliked that bloated feeling urgh!

xin April 12, 2010 at 10:14 am

phew thank god i didnt buy this as i was tempted too. LOL. the juvanex seemed to work well for my friend though by following the menu of a week as given

ParisB April 12, 2010 at 1:08 pm

I heard Juvanex is good – was thinking of trying it – but I wasn’t keen on going on their menu because I didn’t see the point :P

rinnah April 12, 2010 at 10:30 am

Hmm… for me, if I want to initiate any bowel movements, fruits never seem to do the trick. Caffeine does the trick every time! :P Which I why I never take any coffee concoction stronger than latte (sometimes even overdosing on latte can have the same effect too).

ParisB April 12, 2010 at 1:09 pm

Haha all caffeine does is give me the much needed boost to start the day.

domncroxd April 12, 2010 at 11:23 am

Hi ParisB, thanks for the review : ). Detox items are rampant in the marketplace now and it’s good to know which ones you can try which will give you an effect. Would you suppose that you already have a healthy functioning system, and thus the effect wasn’t what you expected?

ParisB April 12, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Yes there are so many brands its so hard to know which works and which doesn’t. Personally I don’t think my system is all that great but perhaps its working better than I give it credit for ;) I’ll try another program and see if it works.

Hanny April 12, 2010 at 11:34 am

Never tried anything of the sort, hehheh. But thanks for the tip-off!

ParisB April 12, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Welcome!

j3nny9irL April 12, 2010 at 1:25 pm

Wow with that price you can spend on something else which is better. I tried Juvanex once, it is nice and it works coz of the lactobacillus, but stopped working on me on the 4th day onwards. Guess different body reacts differently. Yet fruits still does the trick haha :P

ParisB April 12, 2010 at 1:27 pm

Fruits will always do it for me :D I’m thinking of going on a detox diet with just fruits instead of trying all these new fangled irritants ;) Will see when I have the time to :)

j3nny9irL April 12, 2010 at 1:41 pm

OH! I remembered something! My friend has this detox recipe. You just need some vege and made into soup. I remember it comprises of a few types of bell peppers. You can find the recipe online. It’s like a homemade detox soup. I couldn’t take it coz I have IBS and gastritis. Maybe you should try that. Coz it works for her and it’s inexpensive. How much can vege cost you haha :P

ParisB April 13, 2010 at 11:15 am

Thanks! I can’t eat bell peppers but i’m sure there are alternatives out there

CY April 12, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Nice topic ! Just get a box of this J’Pan D’tox last week at Guardian. Before this, was thinking of getting the Kinohimitsu or the Juvanex … haha…this post was too late.

The first 4 bottles of this Kinohitmitsu D’tox was working well on me, frequent bowel, but after this, nah…. felt like, macam kena tipu !!

ParisB April 13, 2010 at 11:15 am

Oh you too? I guess we really are reacting differently to this because the first few days saw no reaction!

Jess April 12, 2010 at 2:05 pm

I have juvanex and other detox products at home but havent got the “heart” to try.. and reading your review, sounds like its not that bad .. haha maybe i should take out and drink it before it expires!

ParisB April 13, 2010 at 11:18 am

It might be worth noting that different people can react differently to “detox” products. But definitely take yours before they expire! ;)

shaynaJo April 12, 2010 at 2:17 pm

oh my…. that’s a total waste then… If I were you, i might be really pissed or sad of wasting that much of $$

ParisB April 13, 2010 at 11:19 am

Well I wasn’t sad or mad just pissed that I got suckered :P

Yukaeshi April 12, 2010 at 5:55 pm

I don’t really dare go on these “detox” programs, e.g. Juvanex (Although I’ve also heard that it’s good, and helps people lose weight… but then again I’m too skinny so I’m not looking to lose weight) because I heard that on detox programs people would usually feel sluggish and tired for the first few days and I can’t afford that unless I have the luxury to stay at home 24/7 to rest. Also, the potential bowel movements. You never know when you might have to go, so it might be problematic :P

ParisB April 13, 2010 at 11:29 am

Well I don’t believe in the “detox for slimming” because to me there is a lot of water loss and I don’t think it true that there is all that much of “waste and toxins” on all our bodies. So I’d do a detox for health. That said, I have heard of similar problems when it comes to detox programmes so you are always advised to start it on a weekend when you have the time to stay at home or run to the bathrooms :)

Jyoan April 12, 2010 at 7:44 pm

Thanks for the review! I really wanted to buy this since it came out because I believe in Japanese things a lot. But I keep thinking about it, I just thought it’s probably the same as plum juice or something, and since I don’t believe in Brands plum juice (I’d rather eat the fruit), I thought I shouldn’t buy this.

However, I’ve tried Guardian’s house brand detox and another Japanese brand that is very expensive as well. Guardian’s house brand works, but as instruction says, you have to drink A LOT of water, or you will find your waistline expanding, and feel bloated all day.

ParisB April 13, 2010 at 11:30 am

I think you’d get better result just drinking prune juice – or better yet eating the fruit for added fibre! ;) Haven’t tried the others and now am not sure I will!

Ceci April 12, 2010 at 7:58 pm

Tried TruDetox tea which was quite famous back then, didnt work at all. Somehow coffee with lil milk and sugar works great on me :)

ParisB April 13, 2010 at 11:31 am

Thanks for sharing! Perhaps we don’t have problems? ;)

lyn April 12, 2010 at 10:00 pm

I tried this some time last year and it’s good thing I drank that first bottle over a weekend because it did cause me to “go”. Erm… a bit too much “going” actually. I didn’t dare drink more after that and only saved it for times when I feel particularly constipated. Thankfully, that doesn’t happen often and I still have three bottles left.

ParisB April 13, 2010 at 11:31 am

Gosh! It worked on you! I was expecting the runs but not constipation :P

Sugar April 13, 2010 at 9:36 am

Hi paris, thanks for the review, i actually wanted to try this but was scared it would make me break out like most detox stuff do. but now after reading your review, no thank you!

how bout the collagen drink? have you tried that?

ParisB April 13, 2010 at 11:34 am

Nope I haven’t tried the collagen drink. I won’t try anything else form this brand I think. My mom is on another collagen drink that she says works. I’ll get her to share her story soon :)

Sugar April 13, 2010 at 2:05 pm

yay. ok! wish someone would do a review on the F cup cookie! though it would be hard to show photos. hehehe! this brand also has something called Bust-up drink. =.=

Rara September 13, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Kinohimitsu Bust-Up drinks worked well on my sister… I dont know myself because not trying it yet… Err, F-Cup Cookie is such a big lie (not worked on my sister at all)…

Coffee Girl September 5, 2010 at 12:01 am

Hey there. Just happened upon ur blog after i googled Konihimitsu… And i;m glad i wasnt the only one thinking i’ve been had!! seriously, it didnt work for me either, and about 98% same case as yours.

on the other hand, i tried the Natural Clenx Tea from NHDetoxlim, and gosh was there ever a huge toilet action! so id recommend a herbal tea like this. it works so much better. but dont take it if ur traveling or inconveniently away from a toilet. :-)

lele November 4, 2010 at 9:12 pm

Gosh! I wished I had read this before purchading the drinks!!
I googled it ‘cos I wanted to find out if my symptoms are normal,
and they really are!
No bowel action, though lots rolling of the tummy.
The fact is, without taking this, my bowel movements are perfectly alright!!
But when I take this (once in the morning), I can’t even do my business!

ARGHHH ….

kavin January 6, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Same here.. I googled to see how it works actually.. Alot of bloating and running in tummy but no bowel action.. i think i was perfectly all right before taking this drink..

Miss Florist January 7, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Hey All

I actually tried the drinks WITH its health pad together. It worked wonderful on me and I really feel more energized and ‘clean’ within myself. It’s my 5th day now. I make sure I will take the drinks AFTER my BREAKFAST everyday. I was feeling weak on the first 2 days, but after that, I feel instantly brighten up the next day onwards.

And I just bought their collagen drinks. After this, I’m on collagen! :)

Ms. Chixie January 24, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Same like Miss Florist, it worked wonderfully on me and my other 20 friends and we all feel good! And will try the collagen next! :)

Rara September 13, 2011 at 11:37 pm

Me too! Love it so much! The collagen also worked well… Happy! ^^

FlowerG April 1, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Unfortunately i only read this! I bought this stuff for my dear husband, with the intention to help him for his constipation. 1st & 2nd day did not show any reaction. Only on day 3 he can do his business. then until day 5 he repeated the business again. As expected, no reaction until the last day. He claimed that it’s useless and wasting money (because i wish to buy the next pack since it may not give the same effects on different people). Now after i read this comment on the product, i lose hope then i have to switch to another program. 6 bottles=2 bowel movements, it’s not working!

Chris July 26, 2011 at 8:47 pm

1st bottle don’t have any visible effect
But on the 3rd bottle and 4th bottle, I actually have diarrhea after 2 hours
Going for the 5th bottle tomorrow

- repost wrong email

Rara September 13, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Hello there!

I’ve tried both (Juvanex & Kinohimitsu)… Juvanex didnt worked much for me but Kinohimitsu (the drinks u took – plum) was much better! I bought it for RM65 (6+2 bottles). It took action on second bottle, yes I felt bloated and such but my bowel movement is back to normal again (once a day to twice a day) and I even lost 2kgs… Hehehhee… Maybe it just not worked on u but it was for me… ^^

P/S: And the Collagen drinks also worked on me… Really feels the effect! Love it! ^^

diana September 18, 2011 at 2:11 am

Hi there,

Thanks for the sharing. I’m currently looking for the best detox drink in the market.
Actually, my consultant from London Weight has advised to buy their detox drink which cost RM270 one box@10 sachets.Drink it twice a day.
Do you think its worth it? Anybody have tried it? Is any other brand better? Their main ingredients is Blackcurrant. Does Monavie work the same?

Selene December 15, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Ohmygosh I got 1 bottle of the Kinohimitsu Cranberry Detox as a free sample. Had it at 8pm after dinner and was running to the toilet by 10.30pm! I didn’t think the cranberry one tasted great.. slightly bitter.. Might try Juvanex after CNY 2012 (hoping to get rid of all the junk accumulated at Xmas, New Year, CNY)!!