I post so much on Instagram some days that I didn’t want to just regurgitate it all here so I decided to just pick my Instagram highlights from the past fortnight. You can see all the rest that I don’t feature on Instagram of course at @ParisBMWS. I’m actually participating in something called a #100HappyDays project where you pick one thing that makes you happy every day and you know, its sometimes not easy. I got off to a rocky start in 2014 so this is my way of keeping count of my happiness.
What else were my highlights then? Here are just a dozen of them if you haven’t seen them yet or missed them or just want to read a little more than the blurb I caption photos with 🙂
- I went for a Boxing Day sale and what did I end up with? A bag of Buy 1 Free 1 crisps, a box of owl designed coffee mugs and some glass containers. Did someone say aunty? 😀
- A lovely lovely friend sent me a care pack of 3 travel inspired items – Greek coffee, a Glasshouse Candle named Bora Bora and 2 Face of Australia Glossy Lip pencils. I think she’s sending me a subliminal message don’t you? Will travel be on the cards this year? Not likely but one can hope!
- During our annual gift exchange with friends, I was most amused to see that everyone had unconsciously adopted a travel theme! I received items sourced from travels or travel inspired for my next journey. Love!
- I spotted an adorable brand of leather bags called LaPalette at Robinson’s. I was later told they are extremely popular in Korea! I didn’t try them or anything so I have no info but they are really really cute! Very Radley except equestrian themed instead of canine 😀
- Tory Burch fragrance and makeup will/is available here in Malaysia. I tried to get more info but can’t seem to get any so here’s all I have. Prices are high in the higher end range but I’m afraid I wasn’t interested. Tory Burch is a brand I can take or leave. I own a pair of Reva flats but they’re just ok. Their makeup is distributed by the Estee Lauder group so I think there’ll be a degree of quality but not crazy about them nor the packaging (which does look attractive).
- If you want an affordable place to eat in MidValley, try ManMaru Udon which reminded me a lot of little udon shops in Japan. Their set lunches are very affordable. The one you see in the picture cost me under RM20 and left me filled. Not halal but no pork is served.
- A new philosophical brand will be in town soon to bring us hope, grace, purity and a miracle. Are you excited about that?
- I kicked off my #pb100happydays with a picture of pickled mangoes! I don’t eat a lot of preserved and pickled food but I was given these and they were such a treat! I love pickled mangoes don’t you? 😀
- I had a preview of the RMK Kaleidoscope Nuance Powders which are powders you can use for all over or as point makeup for highlight, colour and contour. I’ll bring more details to come but for now, these pictures are all I have and I can tell you that they are very interesting! The most interesting item in the RMK Play on Pink Spring 2014 collection (and they’re permanent!)
- I scraped the bottom of my favourite day moisturiser – Origins Make A Difference Plus + and I was devastated! I am using something different for now but I think I’ll go back to this one. My skin really felt the difference.
- I placed an order on Dorothy Perkins online before 2013 ended and I received my package this week! Shipping is free for purchases above RM249 for now, and it took about 2 weeks with the festive holidays in between. They mostly fit although the lengths are a little longer than I’m used to. Some items online are cheaper, and some are more expensive than in store, even on the sale items so if you can get in store, get it here unless you see a great deal online as I did. I got about 5 items for under RM300 all on sale 😀
- I have been keeping to my personal resolution to have dinner at home and it’s been working so far! I made some delicious grilled peri-peri chicken using the Nando’s sauce as marinade and you know what? I’ll just make my own Nando’s chicken from now on! So easy and so delicious (and so much more affordable!) 😀
I hope your fortnight was a good one as the new year opens up 🙂
Did you grab anything during Boxing Day sales? Join me on my #PB100HappyDays project? 😀
I’ve noticed my happy spots in a day tend to revolve around food. What can I say? Good food makes me happy 😀 If you want to join me, hashtag #pb100happydays and I’ll go take a look at your pictures too 🙂 Enjoy your weekend peeps!
Instagram my week is an excerpt of the highlights of my week or weeks on Instagram. Follow me there @ParisBMWS for quick reviews, beauty previews and gastronomic delights.