Oh hello everyone!
I’ve been quite tardy on the blog as the regulars amongst you would have noticed, but I’ve been much more active on Instagram in this period. I guess, it’s mostly because it’s far easier to just snap a picture and caption it, than it is to write a blog post, which is much more permanent in nature and therefore something I want to put a little more effort into.
So, it’s been a while since I shared my Instagram highlights with you, but here are some of my highlights from the last few weeks. I can’t believe the last one was in May!
- So, you know I have this thing for bags, and I received a very early gift from a dear dear bag buddy very recently, hand carried back by another dear friend all the way from overseas! It’s the Coach Classic Stewardess Bag which is one I’ve been looking for in ages. The local Coach store doesn’t carry it – I’ve asked repeatedly. It’s a lovely bag, well made and is of much better quality than the regular Coach stuff you get. And it isn’t expensive, so it’s one to look out for.
- We see a lot of coffee art, but how about 3D coffee art? I came upon this little cafe called Coffee Amo in Petaling St. and it serves these adorable 3D coffees! They taste pretty good too.
- Erm yes, I’m still alive haha! That’s what I wear on casual Fridays. At least, whenever I can get away with it 😀 I’m a jeans and tee girl at heart. I don’t primp nor dress up a lot so don’t be surprised to see me in really casual wear or in just very simple outfits. I’m just no fashionista 😛
- Dior is relaunching their 5 colour eyeshadow palettes for Fall 2014 and this is one of the limited edition colours in Trafalgar. The middle burgundy colour really throws me for a loop. Suggestions on how to wear it are welcome!
- Oh and part of the reason I’m so frazzled all the time is because I’m moving house! It’s happening very soon, I haven’t packed and the new place is thankfully, already ready for me to move in. Can’t wait! 😀 Yet, the packing and unpacking scares me silly.
- More Fall 2014 news in the form of Cle de Peau Beaute, which also revamps their eyeshadow palettes, with 8 new colours and textures. They are incredibly creamy and soft although the colour palettes are very neutral so it may not sit well with everyone. Then again, the price tag is also rather spectactular and definitely firmly rooted in the luxury category.
- Made my first makeup purchases in a long time at the Sogo sale, that I happened to go to with new Instagram friend @Divaresque. She was going, so I tagged along for fun and next thing you know, I was walking out of the crowded mall clutching a Guerlain Rouge G in Georgia (on offer yay!) and the new Bobbi Brown Stick Foundation. Tsk!
- I’ve been travelling up and down from KL-Johor Bahru for work a lot recently and on the last trip, my colleagues and I decided to make a pit stop at the Johor Premium Outlets. They are set up by the same Premium Outlets that are found in the USA and quite possibly share the same layout too! There are quite a lot of brands available, depending on what you’re looking for. Coach was doing some very good sales as was Oroton where everything was 70% off when I was there. Kate Spade too had some nice items with good prices. I was quite tempted to pick up something from Samsonite or Tumi but with no travel plans in sight, I decided to defer. Still, I did pick up some bedsheets from the Akemimuchi store which was really nice because I am a sucker for good bedsheets. Oh boy, I can never pass up on them especially when they’re on sale! 😀 Anyone love bedsheets as much as I do? 😀
- And the first week of Ramadan is almost over. Most years, I head down to the Pasar Ramadan for some local food and goodies, but in recent times, I haven’t had the time to, so instead, I pick up dried dates which are in abundance at this time of year. I prefer the dried unsweetened dates from Tunisia that come on the stem. They have a lovely natural sweetness without being overly sweet and are lovely to snack on or to mix into my morning breakfast oats. When I see them go on offer, I buy a few boxes, keep them in airtight containers in my fridge and they’ll last me a while.
So that’s some of the shenannigans I’ve been up to this past month. I know I’ve been sporadic with my blog posts which is, quite unfortunately, the result of life taking over, and I can’t tell you how soon I’ll be back on even keel, but I hope to get back into the groove as quickly as I can.
How have you been? Have you been keeping busy as well?
And importantly, are you a fiend for bed linen the way I am? I can’t wait to make up my new bed! 😀
Highlights of Instagram is an excerpt of the highlights of my weeks on Instagram. There are lots more in the full IG feed so follow me there @ParisBMWS for quick reviews, beauty previews and gastronomic delights.