Oh hello everyone!
I’ve been quite tardy on the blog as the regulars amongst you would have noticed, but I’ve been much more active on Instagram in this period. I guess, it’s mostly because it’s far easier to just snap a picture and caption it, than it is to write a blog post, which is much more permanent in nature and therefore something I want to put a little more effort into.
So, it’s been a while since I shared my Instagram highlights with you, but here are some of my highlights from the last few weeks. I can’t believe the last one was in May!
- So, you know I have this thing for bags, and I received a very early gift from a dear dear bag buddy very recently, hand carried back by another dear friend all the way from overseas! It’s the Coach Classic Stewardess Bag which is one I’ve been looking for in ages. The local Coach store doesn’t carry it – I’ve asked repeatedly. It’s a lovely bag, well made and is of much better quality than the regular Coach stuff you get. And it isn’t expensive, so it’s one to look out for.
- We see a lot of coffee art, but how about 3D coffee art? I came upon this little cafe called Coffee Amo in Petaling St. and it serves these adorable 3D coffees! They taste pretty good too.
- Erm yes, I’m still alive haha! That’s what I wear on casual Fridays. At least, whenever I can get away with it 😀 I’m a jeans and tee girl at heart. I don’t primp nor dress up a lot so don’t be surprised to see me in really casual wear or in just very simple outfits. I’m just no fashionista 😛
- Dior is relaunching their 5 colour eyeshadow palettes for Fall 2014 and this is one of the limited edition colours in Trafalgar. The middle burgundy colour really throws me for a loop. Suggestions on how to wear it are welcome!
- Oh and part of the reason I’m so frazzled all the time is because I’m moving house! It’s happening very soon, I haven’t packed and the new place is thankfully, already ready for me to move in. Can’t wait! 😀 Yet, the packing and unpacking scares me silly.
- More Fall 2014 news in the form of Cle de Peau Beaute, which also revamps their eyeshadow palettes, with 8 new colours and textures. They are incredibly creamy and soft although the colour palettes are very neutral so it may not sit well with everyone. Then again, the price tag is also rather spectactular and definitely firmly rooted in the luxury category.
- Made my first makeup purchases in a long time at the Sogo sale, that I happened to go to with new Instagram friend @Divaresque. She was going, so I tagged along for fun and next thing you know, I was walking out of the crowded mall clutching a Guerlain Rouge G in Georgia (on offer yay!) and the new Bobbi Brown Stick Foundation. Tsk!
- I’ve been travelling up and down from KL-Johor Bahru for work a lot recently and on the last trip, my colleagues and I decided to make a pit stop at the Johor Premium Outlets. They are set up by the same Premium Outlets that are found in the USA and quite possibly share the same layout too! There are quite a lot of brands available, depending on what you’re looking for. Coach was doing some very good sales as was Oroton where everything was 70% off when I was there. Kate Spade too had some nice items with good prices. I was quite tempted to pick up something from Samsonite or Tumi but with no travel plans in sight, I decided to defer. Still, I did pick up some bedsheets from the Akemimuchi store which was really nice because I am a sucker for good bedsheets. Oh boy, I can never pass up on them especially when they’re on sale! 😀 Anyone love bedsheets as much as I do? 😀
- And the first week of Ramadan is almost over. Most years, I head down to the Pasar Ramadan for some local food and goodies, but in recent times, I haven’t had the time to, so instead, I pick up dried dates which are in abundance at this time of year. I prefer the dried unsweetened dates from Tunisia that come on the stem. They have a lovely natural sweetness without being overly sweet and are lovely to snack on or to mix into my morning breakfast oats. When I see them go on offer, I buy a few boxes, keep them in airtight containers in my fridge and they’ll last me a while.
So that’s some of the shenannigans I’ve been up to this past month. I know I’ve been sporadic with my blog posts which is, quite unfortunately, the result of life taking over, and I can’t tell you how soon I’ll be back on even keel, but I hope to get back into the groove as quickly as I can.
How have you been? Have you been keeping busy as well?
And importantly, are you a fiend for bed linen the way I am? I can’t wait to make up my new bed! 😀
Highlights of Instagram is an excerpt of the highlights of my weeks on Instagram. There are lots more in the full IG feed so follow me there @ParisBMWS for quick reviews, beauty previews and gastronomic delights.
21 comments ... Read or JOIN THE DISCUSSION
that chandelier looks nice. where u get it?
Paris B says
Thank you Christy 🙂 I got it from a shop that seems to specialise in selling chandeliers at Taman Seputeh (Sorry, can’t recall the name now) It faces the main road of Jalan Syed Putra and is after Kuen Cheng Girl’s School if you’re coming from KL.
hey u, long time no c..haha
so coincidentally we’re having same dates..frm tunisia
glad you are enjoying the dates.
Paris B says
Hi there Wan 🙂 Yes, I’ve been pretty quiet in recent times as well but slowly getting back into the groove. I love Tunisian dates and I have to go grab a few more boxes before Ramadan ends! They really should import them for normal times too. Dates are healthy snacks!
Sam Still Reading says
All busy, busy here! We have had some beautiful sunny days and I’ve been ducking out a lot for coffee.
I’m not quite a fiend for bed linen but I love shopping for cups/glassware/cutlery/crockery. I need to be restrained in the Royal Doulton outlets!
Paris B says
Haha you know what’s funny? I have to restrain myself in household departments but am pretty restrained in the beauty department! I think something’s a little messed up here haha! 😀 I hear H&M Just opened their Home store here so erm… bye bye money! 😛 I hope the weather there is holding up! It’s been really warm here… what’s new eh? 🙂
Beauty Box says
I love nice bedsheets too but have quite neutral ones at the moment. The hubs doesn’t like sleeping on feminine bedsheets. I miss the times when I had my own rented place where I had really awesome decorated bedsheets in pink, yellow, blue and green. Haha… I’ve also been MIA too – wish I could pull up my socks and churn out better content but I had some work travel and then now dealing with a jet lagged baby – fun and games. But nice to be home. 🙂 I’ll have to keep those JB outlets in mind when I next visit Singapore – my folks love going to JB to eat and shop so might suggest that to them when we go on a trip together.
Paris B says
I use very neutral sheets too haha! Nothing floral or too embellished or too feminine (I swear I have really masculine tastes 😛 ) but must be nice quality 😀 Your little one is so adorable! I’m sure he’s being a handful right about now but he’s going to be so much fun once he learns to walk and talk. I’ve been watching my nephews and they get much more fun as they get bigger 🙂 Oh and definitely visit the JB outlets. Could pick up a bargain or two!
Love the handbag, I wonder if there’s black, too? I used to have a structured handbag and friends always said that looks like a stewardess’ bag 😀
Love the design on the coffee but drinking it afterward, no, thank you as I don’t really into coffee. I wonder if somewhere people make this for chocolate drink, instead 😀
I haven’t get any opportunity to go to the Premium Outlet in JB. I don’t really like to spend a fortune on branded items but perhaps will find a nice bargain and it’s always feel great to window shopping, hehe. And also for my curiousity, I wonder why lots of people like to go there.
Love those eyeshadows, especially the one with Burgundy, I think that will be a challenging colour to put on without looking like a blood-thirsty vampire LOL Perhaps mix the shade with other shade or wear it alone and pair it with brownish-pink lipstick? And also depends on how much intensity you apply – I think light intensity can be used on daylight if you feel adventurous 😀
It’s Ramadhan and today’s the 8th day 😀 I skip my usual workout and meal plans for this special holy month and adapt new, temporary routine 😀 We Muslims have Terawih prayers at night and it last about 1 – 2 hours (depends on how much you can do, the important thing is consistency) and all those movements are sort of like exercises, too. I consider myself good with the meals, not stuffing myself overload with food when it’s time to break fast – after hours of not eating and drinking, I don’t think it’s a good idea to gorge (I look up this word first, haha) yourself with tons of food and fluid! Also, it’s a good time for people to remove their bad habits, too – smoking, using lots of curse words, saying bad things about people, speak before think, etc etc.
Happy July 2014!
Paris B says
Hiya Fathin! Yes, the bag also comes in black 😀 That would look even more like a stewardess bag right? 🙂
Aww and you don’t drink coffee? I couldn’t survive my day without that first cup in the morning. Yawn! I’m sure they could make pretty designs for chocolate drinks too! After all, it’s just milk froth 😀
I’ve been to the JB Premium Outlet twice so far and it depends because aside from the designer stores, there are also regular brands like from Padini, Guess etc and I got a steal on a pair of sport shoes for just a little over RM100 from New Balance. Been meaning to get a pair so when I saw it I grabbed! I guess it depends a lot of what you’re looking for at the time. If you can, go on a weekday when it’s quieter. Weekends are really busy!
Good idea about mixing the burgundy. Haven’t been having enough sleep so can’t test it out or I’d look like a vampire LOL! And just like that, Ramadan is almost over and Hari Raya is just a few days away! While it’s been a very trying month for many of us and the world, I hope you’ve had a good month and that you enjoy the coming Raya festivities 😀
Hello again! Good luck with the house moving and hope that everything gets settled in safe and sound. Been busy since I moved to SG, hence the sporadic posts, but so very thankful for SdV and ksuan. Hope to see you and the rest again soon.
Paris B says
Hey Dom! Thanks and I have noticed you were busy but then settling in a new country is quite different from settling in a new house and there’s so much to explore isn’t there? 🙂 See you soon!
Heyyo, Paris! You have lost some weight have you? You are shrinking!! 😮
I’d be curious about the BB foundation stick. It’s been on my to-try list for long time but still haven’t done yet because reading mixed reviews about it that it makes dry patches more obvious… don’t know. I’d like to know what you think first. 😀
And good luck with the house moving!! So exciting, meI think!!
Paris B says
Hahaha! I wish Ting, I wish! But it was just a good angle and maybe the right clothes 😀 The BB Foundation Stick isn’t bad you know. I’ve been using it for a bit because I packed away all my foundations and that was the only one I had to hand. I find that a thin layer is most comfortable for me. Draw it on and use a brush to blend it out or fingers. But a brush works better. Didn’t make my skin feel too dry because I only use a thin layer after all, but I felt that it made my skin feel a bit oily if I use too much.
Thanks for the mini review, Paris! I need something quick to put together for my kid’s school days. Most of the time I’m just dashing out of the house to drop her at school sometimes not even brushed my teeth yet (shhhhh!!!!). This foundation stick sounds perfect. Did you have to use a concealer as well? How about the coverage? Is the finish “dull”? :p Sorry for another series of questions. I love BB base products!
Paris B says
I do use a separate concealer because I don’t like to use too much product. I find stick foundations, while sometimes drying, tend to turn oily on my skin so I go separate. BUT this one works as a concealer too! 🙂 The coverage is medium-high depending on how much you use. I just draw a few stripes on my face and blend it out quickly so the more you put on the higher the coverage is. The finish isn’t very glowy but also not matte. As I said, it makes my skin a bit oily so I do set it with powder but if not, it also works 🙂
Ah ok! That’s really good to know! Thanks! 😀
p.s: I’m not stalking your blog. I just have an extraordinarily boring day at work. :p
Hi Paris. Nice to have you back 🙂 There has been some changes to my personal and work life. So it has bee a period of adjustment for me but I still trying to keep myself up-to-date with beauty blogs. I do love Instagram very much and never fail to check your postings. Hope you will finally settle in your new place. Nothing beats the feeling of spending time at home during weekends in your very own house. LOL.
Paris B says
Hiya Victoria! It looks like everyone has some adjusting going on which is what life is about isn’t it? 🙂 I haven’t even been keeping up to date with other blogs, much less my own which bugs me of course, but at this moment, with everything all over the place, blogging is the last thing on my mind. Happy to ruminate on Instagram though haha! 😀 Waiting for the long weekend coming up so I can unpack and finally settle in properly!
We’ve been missing you around these parts! Happy to see the new posts. And of course I love seeing what you’re up to on the ‘Gram! Big hugs and I hope you’re hanging in there with all that’s been keeping you busy.
Paris B says
I’m definitely hanging in there and IG is definitely the best and easiest place for me to post updates! Will get back into the groove soon, but for the moment, enjoying my little break 😀 Hope you’re keeping well!