The Little Darling from Annick Goutal flits in on a butterfly’s wing spreading peachy pear goodness

in Fragrance,Product Reviews

A year ago, I was introduced to one of Annick Goutal’s most popular scents, Petite Cherie. I learnt a few things about this lovely summery scent that smells of fresh peaches and pear, primarily that a new version is created each year by Camille, the beneficiary and muse of the very first Petite Cherie fragrance.

Petite Cherie is was created by Annick Goutal for her daughter, Camille, who was a little girl at the time, hence the “Little Darling” name and annually, this popular scent is slightly tweaked, with matching uniquely designed bottles. The only thing that does not change is the signature peach and pear scents.

annickgoutal petite cherie3 The Little Darling from Annick Goutal flits in on a butterflys wing spreading peachy pear goodness

This year’s scent is rather reminiscent of its pale blue-green colour that adorns each product. I found that the scent opens up with a fizzy note, almost effervescent, before settling into the peach-pear fresh scent that I have come to enjoy. Sniff a little harder and I smell a faint rounded note of vanilla tempered with roses. Or it might just be my rumbling tummy that makes me think of vanilla. The whole restaurant was scented with this for the press launch and I was hungry LOL! icon biggrin The Little Darling from Annick Goutal flits in on a butterflys wing spreading peachy pear goodness This is a lovely, delicious scent that I absolutely enjoy spritzing daily. Interestingly, on its own, I recognize it quite easily, yet when I pair it with the scent from last year, I can smell a very slight distinction.

This year too, sees new product packaging and a keepsake for when you are done with the fragrance, or even just to adorn yourself with – a metal medal that can be worn as an accessory. The promotional images too are different, with a lively girl playing with her puppy. Adorable!

annickgoutal petite cherie4 The Little Darling from Annick Goutal flits in on a butterflys wing spreading peachy pear goodness

It can be worn as a pendant on an organza ribbon, or on a matching gold chain, or as a brooch. I think its a wee bit big to be worn as a wrist charm, but you might be more creative than I am icon smile The Little Darling from Annick Goutal flits in on a butterflys wing spreading peachy pear goodness

The fragrance also comes in Eau de Toilette (EdT) and Eau du Parfum (EdP) versions which come in different bottles. The ribbed bottle that is the uniform design of all Annick Goutal fragrance bottles is the standard version. It comes with an organza ribbon and the medal hanging from it and comes in various sizes.

annickgoutal petite cherie2 The Little Darling from Annick Goutal flits in on a butterflys wing spreading peachy pear goodness

As per normal, the specially designed bottle for 2012 is the butterfly bottle – a round glass ball bottle, with a glass butterfly stopper. It sits beautifully on the table, and is absolutely beautiful to look at. The only puzzling question I have is how to use it, because this bottle does not come with a spray. I suspect its a dab on, as the neck opening is very small, but the bottle does feel a bit large to do a dab on. I’d live in fear of spilling it or Heaven Forbid! dropping it! icon razz The Little Darling from Annick Goutal flits in on a butterflys wing spreading peachy pear goodness

So my advise is to stick with the ribbed bottle. That way, you know what you are getting and how to use it icon razz The Little Darling from Annick Goutal flits in on a butterflys wing spreading peachy pear goodness

Edited to update: I’ve been informed that with the butterfly bottle, comes a gift of a vintage pump that looks like this. I love the idea! Its so luxurious to be able to sit at your dresser and pump out the scent, like a glamourous starlet icon biggrin The Little Darling from Annick Goutal flits in on a butterflys wing spreading peachy pear goodness You are advised to remove the pump after use (maybe the perfume might evaporate?) But if you use it daily, I don’t think you need to bother.

annick goutal pump The Little Darling from Annick Goutal flits in on a butterflys wing spreading peachy pear goodness

While the scent evoked feelings of light and wonder, I could not help feeling that the 2012 version did not last on my skin as long as the 2011 version did. With the previous version, I would catch whiffs of the lovely peach scent throughout the day, especially when I turn my head, because I tend to spritz it on my neck.

With the 2012 version, I found that it was a bit light, so while it opens out lovely and fresh, it fizzled out more quickly too. That said, I tested the EdT version so perhaps the EdP version would last longer. It usually does icon smile The Little Darling from Annick Goutal flits in on a butterflys wing spreading peachy pear goodness

annickgoutal petite cherie The Little Darling from Annick Goutal flits in on a butterflys wing spreading peachy pear goodness

You know when’s a good time to splurge on this, if you plan to? When you see Isetan go on sale (as they are this weekend) because you get cash rebate vouchers for every RM100 spent and there’s a special set available too – I tried some of the body cream during the press launch, and it feels absolutely lovely plus leaves your skin delicately fragranced with the scent of Petite Cherie too! A slightly more affordable way to enjoy the scent icon wink The Little Darling from Annick Goutal flits in on a butterflys wing spreading peachy pear goodness

Is anyone else out there a fan of Petite Cherie?

I find other Annick Goutal scents a wee bit strong for me but I’m always curious to know if there is one I might have missed from the stable? I noticed that there was a new scent released a little while ago – Nuit Etoilee that came in a beautiful deep midnight blue bottle and I was so taken in… if only for the bottle icon razz The Little Darling from Annick Goutal flits in on a butterflys wing spreading peachy pear goodness

Annick Goutal Petite Cherie Eau du Parfum Price: RM629/100; RM519/50ml Eau de Toilette Price: RM519/100ml; RM385/50ml Special Butterfly Bottle EdP Price: RM779/100ml Body Cream Price: RM269/150ml Availability: Isetan KLCC, The Gardens; Bangsar Village 2, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, Ken’s Apothecary Empire Shopping Gallery Limited Edition: Yes

AnT October 5, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Wow! Once in a blue moon I get to be the first to talk here :P LOL

Love the packaging only :P

Hmm.. this butterfly bottle…I wonder.. are we supposed to use the butterfly stopper to dab it on our neck/skin? Just my two cents :/

Have a nice weekend dearie Paris!! :D

xoxo
AnT

Paris B October 7, 2012 at 12:48 pm

LOL!! Next time must “chup” first place eh? ;) I have no idea how to use the butterfly bottle, to be honest. A bunch of us tried to figure it out but gave up and stuck to the regular spritz bottle LOL Too complex for the likes of us maybe :P Hope you had a good weekend too!

AnT October 8, 2012 at 9:01 am

LOLL “chup”! :D

You have a great week ahead! :D

Irene October 5, 2012 at 11:10 pm

The price! Le Gasp! o_O;

Paris B October 7, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Its actually normal pricing for Annick Goutal and many other artisan/perfume house perfumes :) But yes, I gasp every time still!

Jerine October 6, 2012 at 3:49 am

I really hate to read your blog. Everytime I come here…. I’ll see something I want to buy. I must practice self-control when I read your blog. Geez….. I want this perfume so badly now!!!

Paris B October 7, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Hmm…. I hope that’s hate in a good way, Jerine ;) The fragrance is very pretty but it doesn’t last very long and as some readers have mentioned, doesn’t suit them. Would be worth taking a sniff and deciding for yourself ;)

Becca October 6, 2012 at 6:03 am

Cute bottle! I was wanting to try the Gardenia Passion scent from Annick Goutal for a long time, but by the time I got around to checking it out, the brand was no longer available at Nordstrom :( I really don’t like purchasing scents that I haven’t personally smelled from online, so I will just have to keep looking!

Paris B October 7, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Perfumes are impossible to buy based on a review, without smelling it for yourself! I never do because mistakes are also really costly :P

LeGeeque October 6, 2012 at 6:31 am

I love love love love love love love Petite Cherie. It has never worked on me but i think i might try it one more time. You never know ;)

Paris B October 7, 2012 at 12:59 pm

I think its nice for warm Spring/Summer but not in Winter. It dissipates too quickly :)

kel October 6, 2012 at 9:21 am

I love love love this! I already have the ribbed bottle, so I buy the refills instead…which is bout 100 bucks cheaper…and refills bout 1.5 bottles so it’s quite s savings..I bought the edt the 1st time and easier quite disappointed, fragrance doesn’t last add long as the edp..but out was cheaper…a mistake I never made again..hehehe

Paris B October 7, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I love the refillable bit, Kel! I shall attempt to finish a bottle then go and get it refilled with EdP so it lasts longer :D :D

Applegal October 6, 2012 at 10:38 am

I was thinking to myself “I want, I want, I want!!” Then I saw the price and went: “Oh my. . . ” O__O!!!

Paris B October 7, 2012 at 1:00 pm

LOL! Yeah, that’s the biggest obstacle >.< But as Kel has pointed out in a comment above, the bottles are refillable and the refills are cheaper (well comparatively ;) )

rudi October 6, 2012 at 6:37 pm

When I was allergic to all other brands of perfumes, Annick Goutal was the only one I could use.

My favourite is Ce Soir Ou Jamais.

Never quite took to Petite Cherie although the SAs keep recommending it to me and many many people rave about it.

Paris B October 7, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I think Petite Cherie is more of a light daily fragrance but you are right, it may not suit everyone. I will sniff at Ce Soir Ou Jamais when I pop by the store next. I like browsing in there :P

Jean October 9, 2012 at 12:41 am

Walk by the roadshow booth in pavilion today, love the peachy scent so much! One of my guy friend even say that it’s a smell of first love!

Paris B October 9, 2012 at 1:51 pm

That is SUCH a pretty description of the scent!

Beauty Box October 9, 2012 at 5:27 pm

OMG the bottle is too precious… I love Annick Goutal! Gorgeous scent in a gorgeous bottle…I hope to sniff this version one day.

Paris B October 9, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Me too! Their scents are so different from the regular counter brands – love them :) Hope you get to sample this soon ;)

hotlanta linda January 26, 2013 at 12:48 am

Greetings from Hotlanta – Atlanta! – GA :-) Our USA dept stores never picked this ltd ed group up ;-(, so now I`m going nuts trying to locate all the items! The 100 ml sprays in edt and edp are here/coming to me in the mail, but they also come in the 50 ml size too! First in Fragrance has the butterfly – but not 50 ml items. Do your stores listed ship to the USA?? OR do you know where else on the web to look after all the obvious fragrance discounters?? THANK YOU!!! :-)