Coach Legacy Collection : Back to Basics and looking good while at it!

in Bags

Coach is one of those brands I would call “affordable luxury”. I know many people these days give a little sniff whenever they see Coach thanks to their marketing schemes of coming out with a new collection nearly every month (and some quite gaudy ones at that) and the blatant pirated knock offs of the signature collection. I do too sometimes icon razz Coach Legacy Collection : Back to Basics and looking good while at it!

But I’ve always had a soft spot for Coach. It was the first ever “luxury item” I bought. It was a red leather duffle bag that has been attacked and saved from mould and which is now being cared for by my SiL icon smile Coach Legacy Collection : Back to Basics and looking good while at it! She is now quite “with it”! icon biggrin Coach Legacy Collection : Back to Basics and looking good while at it! My next one was a yellow messenger type bag that could be worn on the shoulder or cross body. So when I saw the new Coach Legacy collection in the store window, I could not help a little squeal of delight.

coach legacy Coach Legacy Collection : Back to Basics and looking good while at it!

Coach Candace Carryall taken through the store window ~ drool…

Coach has brought back their Legacy collection! I used to think, and I still do, that Coach’s soft calf leather products are very decent and they hold up very well with wear. If anything, they look better with age. Seriously, its worth saving up for one of their leather bags icon smile Coach Legacy Collection : Back to Basics and looking good while at it!

Here are some of the items that caught my eye from the Legacy collection. I stopped by the store to fondle some of the new bright coloured bags and I have to say I was sorely tempted. You see, I just realised I don’t have a bright green or bright blue bag icon biggrin Coach Legacy Collection : Back to Basics and looking good while at it! icon biggrin Coach Legacy Collection : Back to Basics and looking good while at it!

The one you see in the window above is the Candace Carryall which a very handy and smart work bag that can fit loads. It is classic and will never go out of style and reminds me that I have something similar that I should take out and use again icon smile Coach Legacy Collection : Back to Basics and looking good while at it! I’m not feeling the tassel on the handle though, so I’d remove that and the Coach tag, personally. Oh and I’d do it in that beautiful burnt orange too!

coach legacy2 Coach Legacy Collection : Back to Basics and looking good while at it!

The green! Oh that beautiful bright green! I have been enamoured by it ever since I walked past the window. I literally stopped, did a double take and walked in the doors. You have to admit its a gorgeous shade and the duffles are very good work and casual bags too. They fit a nice amount, aren’t very heavy, and don’t sag. The yellow one reminded me of the one I have so I might dig that one out and use it again soon icon smile Coach Legacy Collection : Back to Basics and looking good while at it!

Again, I’d remove the tassels and tag but that’s me. I like the clean lines without the incongruity of the tassels.

coach legacy3 Coach Legacy Collection : Back to Basics and looking good while at it!

I have never worn a leather bracelet and never really felt the pull to wear one until I saw the beautiful colours that the Coach ones come in. I like the simple turn lock on it that holds it in place. The turnlock is quite a classic Coach design and is also found in their clutch, wallets and that lovely blue saddle bag. I realised I may not have this shade of blue either hehe…

I’m not sure if the full collection is available in our Coach stores here though. I know I definitely saw a good number of items and colours. Its the colours that grab me because I’m really all about colours in my bags icon smile Coach Legacy Collection : Back to Basics and looking good while at it!

If you’re looking for a new bag, you could really do worse than checking out Coach’s Legacy leather collection. You can never go wrong with a leather bag and with these classic designs, you can’t go wrong either! icon biggrin Coach Legacy Collection : Back to Basics and looking good while at it!

Are you keen on the Coach Legacy collection? Do you have a Coach story to share?

I am of course terribly keen. Its only my ban keeping me away from the store LOL! I don’t know the local prices, sorry! But if you are looking and budget permits, eschew the signature canvas and go for something in leather. It’ll last you longer and look better in the long run.

Sukie August 5, 2012 at 8:36 am

Coach’s canvas prints have never appealed to me because I personally think they look a tad too gaudy but this collection did catch my eye! The Carryall especially! <3

August 5, 2012 at 11:21 am

Yes yes to the Coach canvas print especially when they went all “modern” with the C and then multicolored o_O But this one is looking stupendous! Coach really should learn from this and just stick to the basics! It works!

Sammi August 5, 2012 at 8:36 am

I also fell in love with their latest collection..hv been checking it out at their stores ;-) classic n will not go out of style..super like it cos affordable n ‘classic’!

August 5, 2012 at 11:22 am

Agree on every point, Sammi! It will never go out of style. I hope this is a permanent thing in their line.

Jennifer August 5, 2012 at 9:14 am

Looks classic and sturdy :) I am hoping I get to travel to US for work soon, Coach is cheaper there. I am using the printed canvas one now, size is just nice to keep all my stuffs and not too expensive when I first bought it. I would have gotten a wristlet in light of my recent misfortunate, but the designs were not nice so I gave it a pass. I pass by Gucci and Ferragamo almost every day on my back from lunch and the Gucci with bamboo handle is just too attractive! Lol.

August 5, 2012 at 11:28 am

Oh you lucky duck! I’d love to go to the US to shop their Coach which, at full retail is a little cheaper than it is here and if you hit up the outlet stores, a LOT cheaper! I saw a friend carry a leather wristlet recently and was amazed it was a Coach because it looked so chic and un-Coach if you get my meaning LOL! Ah what wouldn’t I give to shop the US eh? You’ll have a great time there. Well, even if its for work. As for Gucci, I haven’t been looking at their stuff much lately. Nothing very exciting and although I like the look of the bamboo handles, its quite impractical. I checked out their earlier bamboo collection and I think they sort of went haywire after Tom Ford left them :P As for Ferragamo I’ve never quite been into their bags but their shoes! Oh my! Its dangerous :P

LeGeeque August 5, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Oooh! I know the Gucci and the bamboo handle! It’s pretty but do try the bag on before you splurge on it. I played with it (thick-skinned) and it felt heavy because of the bamboo. ><

Mei Ping August 5, 2012 at 10:08 am

I too fell back in love with the new Coach Legacy collection especially the duffles. I tried them and was really tempted. I think it was RM1,650. Very good price for a full leather bag. Just that I don’t need a new bag and I love too many colours, couldn’t decide on one.

August 5, 2012 at 11:31 am

Ooh is that the price? That isn’t too bad for a full leather bag from a brand like Coach :D I don’t need a new bag either (do I ever?!) but seriously, green. That green is quite something. I hope it isn’t LE so I can still think about it for the end of the year :D

xin
August 5, 2012 at 10:24 am

ah the green bag…..i need a green ;)

August 5, 2012 at 11:32 am

ME TOO! Jom! :P

Applegal August 5, 2012 at 10:47 am

I want the Candace Carryall too!! I like the green bag in the forefront of the 2nd photo, and I would keep the tassels ;)

August 5, 2012 at 11:33 am

The small boxy one? That’s so cute right? I was quite keen on it if not for the fact its a little small for my everyday use but what a colour!

synical
August 5, 2012 at 11:28 am

Doesn’t the Candace Carryall look like that Celine bag that everyone’s falling over themselves to get?

Just a passing observation…

August 5, 2012 at 11:35 am

Ah the Luggage Tote? It does look that way now you mention it, but in real life, the Carryall is longer and the sides don’t really stick out :) I did see on the Coach website that they do a colour blocking style too that is very reminiscent of Celine and YSL! Quite ugly those :P

Lynn August 5, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Haha! Sounds like we did the same thing! Walked past, stopped, stared, walked straight in and tried not to drool on the new collection… Sigh~

August 5, 2012 at 5:59 pm

LOL! The Coach staff should hand out bibs at the door ;)

lazeny August 5, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I have the black hobo with darker black C’s on it, so the logo is not much obvious from afar & I’m planning on giving it to my younger cousin. I much prefer the Legacy collection. I’ve come to an age where logo bags do not appeal to me anymore.

August 5, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Oh the black on black logos aren’t as bad as you pointed out. I’m sure your cousin will be over the moon! ;)

Sze Ling August 5, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Coach is my first “luxury” bag too! :D And they would always have a special place in my heart.

I used to love their fabric bags. But lately, I’m leaning towards their leather bags. Bought a teal one from the US factory outlet last year. Love it to pieces.

And don’t get me started on that turn lock. I love it! I’ve been drooling over the Legacy collection ever since they introduced it on the US site. Have my eyes on the long-ish wallet and the small rectangular crossbody. :)

August 5, 2012 at 6:03 pm

Ooh the turnlock! I don’t yet have a bag or anything with the turnlock so erm…its time to remedy that situation right? ;) I’ve been stalking the US site too. Wish there was a way to get it shipped without costing an arm and a leg :P Or I could just buy it in store right? ;)

LeGeeque August 5, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Tine and I played with the classics that landed on our shore finally. We both fell in love with the stewardess bag. Being the si pendek of the 2, I could wear the bag crossbody and have tasked my co-worker to pick this up for me when he visits the Big Apple end of this month. Like you, the double C print is not something which appealed to me.

Speaking of leather bracelets, I have the Kelly Double Tour in a rougey-orangey colour and I love it to death. I wear it in so many ways – stacked with a slim watch, on its own with a clock/watch charm hooked onto the turnlock (too!), or for a more dramatic twist, stacked with my charm bracelet and slim watch. It’s amazing and I adore it. I highly recommend it.

August 5, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Ooh the Classics is another collection I absolutely love and you are getting the Stewardess bag! :D Need someone to go to the US for me haha… but maybe its a good thing too that no one is, else I’d be off my ban won’t I? :P As for the leather bracelet, I don’t wear bracelets a lot but the colors in this one really get to me. I don’t know if they sell them here so I’ll have to go and check them out. I suppose its a more affordable option to the Kelly ;)

Samantha August 5, 2012 at 4:24 pm

i love the legacy collection, it is simple, classy & never gets dated..i have been eyeing the one with orange and navy colour model.Honestly i get bored with the C monogram designs too (maybe too many people carrying it :-p) and i have some friends who purposely bought those designs to ‘show off’! Does owing design goods is for the purpose of showing off?? i always felt that we bought these goods because of the quality & because we appreciate the craftsmanship & design of these luxury goods, unfortunately i have found so many who ‘blindly’ bought these goods just to follow peers. Its just my opinion, i maybe wrong :-)

August 5, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Ah I know exactly what you mean Samantha. Its the reason why logo bags from all brands are still alive and well – many people buy them to show off! Its the reason why I prefer to go for the more understated leather versions. Pricier and perhaps totally unnoticeable but that’s what I love about it – the quality that comes in a good leather bag! :D

Becca
August 5, 2012 at 5:19 pm

oooh, that brown Candace Carryall? Yes please!! :D

August 5, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Ah remember you were looking for a good leather bag? Ahem… ;)

Becca
August 5, 2012 at 6:16 pm

LOL I know–now lo and behold, here is the perfect one! Aahhh what are you doing to me Paris?! This is seriously going to cut into my beauty habit…if I don’t post for a couple of weeks on my blog, I’m telling everyone it’s your fault! :P

August 7, 2012 at 11:43 am

Ahem! I’d happily take the blame ;) Bags are my 1st love after all LOL!

jean August 5, 2012 at 8:09 pm

ah…. finally they are back to normal!!!!!!! I like! =)

August 7, 2012 at 11:43 am

Haha indeed! Back to normal – whew!

Ros August 6, 2012 at 10:00 am

Hi Paris,

The first time I saw the legacy carryall in burnt orange, I knew it, I had to have it. It has been a long while since my hands itch for anything from Coach.
But then, Coach is heavily marked up in Singapore. So…
I decided to check out Ebay! :)
And I got the bag, in medium size, for around SGD 500 include shipping!
So happpy with the quality, the color and everything about this.

August 7, 2012 at 11:49 am

Ah Ros Ebay is a wonderful place hehe… You got a nice deal there and yes, Coach here is pretty marked up too hence my reluctance to get anything at this point in time. Who knows what’ll happen later in the year eh? ;) Happy you are loving your bag :D

Chris August 8, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Hi Ros,

May I know which seller name (from ebay) you purchased from?

Sharon August 6, 2012 at 10:10 am

I remember a few yrs back when Coach bags were all the craze and I looked on with much disdain. The reason being that pple were all crazy about the gaudy designs (cartoon-ish and whatnots, designs which scream Coach all over the bags, ppffft). I thought that if pple wanted similar designs that Le Sportsac would actually be less painful on the eyes :P Recently I was browsing ebay and saw some classic Coach bags in blacks and neutrals and MAY contemplate getting one some day. Though I kinda think that Braun Buffel bags would be better able to live up to expectations..Not sure though hmm :/

Sharon

August 7, 2012 at 11:51 am

Braun Buffel has most certainly stepped up their game in recent times too. But I find their designs a little old (although I do own one or two items from older collections) and their colours less exciting. The leather too tends to be a bit thick for my liking but it is otherwise a good brand and they make very sturdy well made bags too. Comes down to a matter of preference at the end of the day :)

Stacey
August 6, 2012 at 10:11 am

coach was my first “luxury bag” purchase and it was a brown monogram with white leather handles. ick. so faux pas now that i look at it. haha I dislike monogram bags – they are so common and lacks personality. I don’t like to be caught carrying the same bag as another lady.

i do recall u fancied the diorissimo bag? between the two, i would go for the dior! :P

August 7, 2012 at 11:52 am

Ah Stacey, Diorissimo is in a totally different class from Coach! ;) I don’t fancy the Diorissimo as much mainly because I don’t think the price justifies the bag but I will still covet it from afar :)

beetrice
August 6, 2012 at 10:30 am

Ooh that green looks good!! <3 *adding to the pool of drool outside the Coach stores*

August 7, 2012 at 11:53 am

Soon they’ll have to hire someone just to mop up drool ;)

rudi August 6, 2012 at 1:28 pm

I like the Coach legacy collection too but no bags for me at the moment, thank you.

But I drool too when I window shop.

August 7, 2012 at 11:55 am

Drooling is, at least, free! ;)

glim August 17, 2012 at 1:31 am

I’m so confused by your first pic of the orange Candace since that color does not exist. What store is that?

August 20, 2012 at 5:35 pm

That’s a Coach store in Kuala Lumpur. The colour does exist as it was exactly as I saw in the store window! :)

Aainaa September 25, 2012 at 6:59 am

Yes, love the green! However I’ve never been such green fan so I bought the one in HOT PINK… couldn’t resist NOT BUYING! Their colors range are sooooo not their usual this time.. if they were cheap I would’ve bought every color!

Heidi October 2, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Just bought the Coach Legacy Duffle bag in Sunflower colour. Love it. Malaysia retail price RM1650 and i got it from a friend who brought back from USA for me at RM1166.

Fenny January 14, 2013 at 10:23 am

I’m in ? with Coach Legacy Zippy wallet ever since I saw it on Michelle Phan’s video. Too bad it’s not an “affordable luxury” In Indonesia :(