Revlon Age Defying Spa Concealer : Works a treat!

in Cheap and Good?,Concealer,Product Reviews

Here’s a product I’ve been wanting to share with you for a long time (but always put it off) and now that I have the time, I’d better tell you about how much I like it icon smile Revlon Age Defying Spa Concealer : Works a treat! Fittingly, its the FIFA World Cup season and with the Cup being hosted in South Africa this year, what with time differences, we’re having to stay up late or be up early in the wee hours of the morning to catch the matches. Eye bag and dark circles alert!!

revlon spa Revlon Age Defying Spa Concealer : Works a treat!

The Revlon Age Defying Spa Concealer isn’t new. It came out sometime in 2009 if I recall correctly and I got it later in the year. What it is is a liquid concealer that comes in a brush pen form. Now, unlike the YSL Touche Eclat, I’ve had this one for many months and it does not stink. What’s up with the YSL one?!

I do not have very severe dark circles so this one covers well for me. I don’t use it for blemishes or pigmentation though. I only use it for undereye concealing and brightening and it works well.

The texture is not very thick and it does not settle into lines which is great. I twist it about 2 turns, swipe the brush on the undereye area and blend it with my fingers. I cannot say it brightens, because it does not. However, once you cover up any darkness, your eye area looks brighter anyway so for me I’d say that it does help make you look less tired.

revlon spa2 Revlon Age Defying Spa Concealer : Works a treat!

I have no complaints about this one. It works well, I like it and its affordable. Plus, it lasts a while. I’ve had mine for months and it shows no sign of finishing yet. I use 002 which is a perfect match for me. The picture shows it looking a little whiter than it really is. In reality its more yellow which might seem scary at first, but once you blend it out, its alright.

Pros: Light formula, Does not settle into lines, Medium coverage is not too thick, Portable, Affordable

Cons: Limited colours available

I believe it retails for about RM40 but you can easily wait till it goes on sale before picking it up. It does not have brightening properties with those little sparkly bits that brightening concealers have.

Tip: You can use this to cover redness on your cheek area too (although it might not work as well since its not full coverage) but it will help reduce the look of redness or acne marks. Dab on some concealer, pat it in to blend, dust some powder over it and its pretty much all concealed.

Don’t apply too much or it can be a little thick and then you won’t like it because it’ll settle into your fine lines. Have you tried this?

Revlon Age Defying Spa Concealer retails at about RM40 at Revlon counters

Amanda June 14, 2010 at 9:15 am

Tried it. Works great!? Great for on-the-go, just twist and swipe. My first concealer, but sadly, few shades available.

ParisB June 14, 2010 at 10:06 am

Its an awesome little tool eh? I think there are about 3 shades – suits the light to medium skintones but not the very dark

Amanda June 14, 2010 at 11:59 am

True, in Singapore there are only like two shades.

ParisB June 14, 2010 at 12:35 pm

same here! its probably all they make LOL

domncroxd
June 14, 2010 at 9:25 am

Would this work with oily lids and mineral powders? I haven’t used concealer before on the eyes due to my fear of it caking up and looking crinkly.

ParisB June 14, 2010 at 10:07 am

I’m not sure what you mean. I use it as an undereye concealer to conceal dark circles. Swipe it on, pat in to blend and then swipe on my foundation du jour over it as per normal. If you don’t have problems with dark circles, you won’t need concealer for the eyes. But if you do, then its a god-send to help you look awake.

~Reena~ June 14, 2010 at 10:19 am

This might sound a bit weird, but truthfully, i prefer my dark circle be visible coz i look freaking weird if i without dark cicrle! Haha.

ParisB June 14, 2010 at 10:24 am

Actually yeah its a bit odd but hey if you’re comfortable with it why not?! :)

Nikki June 14, 2010 at 10:33 am

Haven’t seen this down here! I don’t think we even have this :)

ParisB June 14, 2010 at 10:48 am

Aww…. maybe its the limited colour selection thats caused it to be more restricted.

monstro June 14, 2010 at 10:47 am

I wanna try this! Lately I’ve been flaunting my dark circles too–simply because there isn’t enough time to spend on my face before I rush out! But this looks easy to use since it’s got the brush with it. And yes, I tested the YSL one–totally pointless.

ParisB June 14, 2010 at 10:54 am

Did your YSL one stink too? This one’s affordable but you know what? I just got wind that L’Oreal Touche Magique is back so I will be getting hold of one and see how it compares to this Revlon ;)

Millie June 14, 2010 at 11:17 am

Hi Paris, I was just about to tell you that I saw your favourite L’oreal concealer in Guardian store One Utama quite a while ago, sorry forgot to inform you then.

ParisB June 14, 2010 at 11:25 am

Thanks for the heads up Millie! I just saw it in the mags and confirmed that its back so I’m going to grab one soon :D

Azura June 14, 2010 at 11:19 am

Glad u like it too. I already finished my 1st tube, love it soooo much! this is the only concealer that doesn’t cake under my eyes. It also received pretty good review at MUA. Very impressive!

ParisB June 14, 2010 at 11:26 am

I thought those at MUA hated it? At least they did when it first came out hehe… I will be putting this next to my old fave L’Oreal and see what happens!

Azura June 15, 2010 at 3:12 pm
ParisB June 15, 2010 at 3:15 pm

That’s new! When I first checked last year it was under 50% :P I guess people evolve.

Connie
June 14, 2010 at 11:45 am

This one’s a staple for me. I have it in my travel cosmetic pouch :)

ParisB June 14, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Yep! It works so well and is so handy!

Sugar June 14, 2010 at 12:23 pm

have u tried the Diorskinflash yet!!! it’s the only gihglighter i use under my eyes, cause i have absolutely no eyebags at all, no matter what time or when i sleep. =)

ParisB June 14, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Haven’t gotten round to that one hehe… You’re lucky not to have eye bags – the rest of us mortals have to find ways to diffuse them!

Sugar June 14, 2010 at 1:55 pm

i think me face is so fat it plumps up the area under my eyes, so no eyebags! =P

Celine June 14, 2010 at 1:08 pm

I got this one and I am in love! This covers up even my super dark eye circles! But I can’t use too much though, else it will sink into my fine lines and make me look like a 70 years old woman! Haha :D

pinkcloud June 14, 2010 at 3:38 pm

So how does it performs when compared to the loreal one? I had this one but then it seems to take countless twist for enuf concealer to cum out :( Maybe it is just mine though…

ParisB June 14, 2010 at 3:44 pm

I don’t know. I haven’t picked up L’Oreal’s yet. The last time I used the L’Oreal Touche Magique was years ago. I can’t remember anymore.

Lisa June 14, 2010 at 7:32 pm

I’ve tried ester lauder’s but don’t fancy it alot. Finds it give more coverage but not brighten the area. Maybe this is similar to revlon’s. Ysl is too runny for me? I don’t quite think it covers or brighten. Not much difference whether I use it or not. Btw, mine don’t smell. I quite like Dior skin flash and by terry’s. I like skin79′s pink tube water drop bb which is unlike the usual bb cream (too thick textured for my liking) and has slight shimmers to brighten the eye area. It’s supposed to be used on the face but I doubt anyone uses this on the whole face. Will look like a disco ball. Works really great for me as it’s more affordable and it’s such a big tube…also a little goes a long way.

ParisB June 15, 2010 at 8:57 am

I rather like the EL Double Wear concealer for undereye area but I haven’t tried their pen version. Not familiar with the BB creams too. Those just don’t do it for me :P

lala June 15, 2010 at 1:32 am

I agree! I am on my second tube now, it lasts pretty long and is surprisingly very good. I also use it for my undereye circles :)

ParisB June 15, 2010 at 8:58 am

That’s what I use it for really :D

Siti June 17, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Will the concealer last long or will it dry up ? Cause everytime i put concealer to try to cover my dark circles, it ends up getting really dry and appear like i’ve got a lot of wrinkles.. *gosh*

ParisB June 17, 2010 at 4:44 pm

For me I face no problems with this concealer settling into fine lines. However, don’t put too much or it might be a problem. This is true of all concealers. You could try this trick I use to warm up concealer before applying.

shen July 1, 2010 at 2:10 pm

i think i’ve seen this early last year but maybe it didn’t sell well here.. i lvoe most revlon products i try but with concealer, i tend to stick with my tested brand.. maybe i should put this on the must-try list soon. thanks for the review!

van July 8, 2010 at 10:28 pm

Hi, stupid question here, I just bought it like 10 minutes ago, been twisting the top clicking it a few times…but nothing’s coming out:S…am i doing it wrong? Sorry i don’t really know much about makeup=/

ParisB July 9, 2010 at 9:32 am

The initial bit takes a while to appear. Keep turning it and you should see the concealer appear at the tip of the brush. In future you won’t have to twist as many times anymore.

ayuchika February 17, 2011 at 2:36 pm

yup.. bought this after seeing the post..as i m having serious dark eye circles prob due to late nights of working recently.

and yuh,,it is reli scary when u first applying it on,as the color is bright, yellow and so obvious..it seems like i hav put some color paste under my eyes…
but,after blending it for awhile, it will starts to blend into the skin and looks more natural..

it enhance the brightening effect, makin dark eye circles less obvious….. a gentle brightening effect,i will say……

Chii May 17, 2011 at 8:46 pm

It’s my favorite concealer of all time. But now I’m trying ZA’s :)
Chii recently blogged…Restaurant Review- JAWS Seafood RestaurantMy Profile