Hada Labo Gokujyun Super Hyaluronic Acid Face wash – I like it!

in Cheap and Good?,Cleanser,Product Reviews

hadalabo wash Hada Labo Gokujyun Super Hyaluronic Acid Face wash   I like it!

My last facial wash was the Garnier Aqua Defense cleansing foam which I was happy with. It was budget and did the job. But when I ran out and my attentions wandered because I’m woman and I’m fickle icon biggrin Hada Labo Gokujyun Super Hyaluronic Acid Face wash   I like it!

So since I had a great experience with the Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion (which is nearly finished!) I thought I’d give the Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid face wash a try.

This one that you see in the picture above is from the “regular” range. I believe it might be called Gokujyun range because that’s whats written on the tube icon razz Hada Labo Gokujyun Super Hyaluronic Acid Face wash   I like it! So, is the facial wash love like the lotion?

Well, lets just say that its not quite “break into song and dance” love, but I do like this Hada Labo facial wash. I use it in the shower as the second step of double cleansing so I will not run the makeup test.

The cleanser feels a little like a cream moisturizer which is rather unusual. I don’t have to use much, but it does not lather up very much either. It lathers up a little, just enough for me to clean my face. I’m quite happy with that.

hadalabo wash2 Hada Labo Gokujyun Super Hyaluronic Acid Face wash   I like it!

What I’m very happy with is that it does not dry out my skin one bit. I can walk around without applying lotion or moisturizer after washing, and my face does not feel tight (not something I recommend, just something I tried). I have been using this for months now (never got round to telling you about it) and there is so much left in the tube I don’t know how I’ll ever finish it icon razz Hada Labo Gokujyun Super Hyaluronic Acid Face wash   I like it!

No breakouts, no problems, all good. The tube has a very convenient flip top dispenser which is great in the shower.

Nope, no complaints at all! icon smile Hada Labo Gokujyun Super Hyaluronic Acid Face wash   I like it!

Pros: Inexpensive, Does not dry out skin, Economical

Cons: None

You can see the ingredient list above and to everyone who asks, yes this is Made in China. Its not something that bugs me and I’m sorry if it bugs you. If it does, I took this question of where Hada Labo products are made to the company themselves and here is the response I received from Rohto-Mentholatum.

To address your question, yes – the Malaysian stocks are all manufactured in China. However, it is manufactured under strict pharmaceutical standards which is what the brand adheres to. The ingredients are imported from Japan and there’s no difference in terms of product quality. The only reason why we are drawing stocks from China instead of Japan is because we wanted to offer a better price to our Malaysian consumers. Singapore prices are about 20-30% higher than Malaysia.

I have said this before. Rohto Mentholatum is a large company so I am less worried about where the products are made. I would be more concerned if it was a little known “no name” company. I do note that the products here do carry the name of a Singaporean importer so perhaps stocks in Singapore might be made in China too in the future – who knows?

So, have you tried this face wash? Will you? Its pretty awesome icon smile Hada Labo Gokujyun Super Hyaluronic Acid Face wash   I like it!

The Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid facial wash retails at RM16.90/100ml at Guardian pharmacies

Jol May 27, 2010 at 3:12 pm

Yes, Hada Labo products in Singapore are made in China too :)

ParisB May 27, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Thanks for the info, Jol. I read that the products were stated to be “Made in Japan”?

Anonymous Bosch May 27, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Nope, they’re all made in Japan!

I’m in Singapore as well and you can tell which are the Japanese manufactured products by looking at the right-side yellow square on the product logo. The ‘Hada Labo’ on our Singaporean stock is written in Katakana (Japanese) instead of English like the Malaysian stocks and it also explicitly states on the back that the product’s Made In Japan. :)

ParisB May 27, 2010 at 10:29 pm

Perhaps there are 2 batches around? :) No idea since I’m not in Singapore but since the manufacturers have confirmed with me that there is no difference in terms of quality, I’m not terribly fussed and will get whichever is more convenient :)

domncroxd
May 27, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Thanks for the review – was going to get it but now I may not because I <3 lathering action. Have you tried the Tamago cleanser yet?

ParisB May 27, 2010 at 3:32 pm

I haven’t as of now but I will be :) I love the name just because its so darned cute!

domncroxd
May 27, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Haha okay : ) Looking forward to that review!

sesame May 27, 2010 at 3:31 pm

The cleanser is okay but I don’t like the mild smell…reminds me of Kao. The one I have is made in Japan.

ParisB May 27, 2010 at 3:34 pm

Oh I didn’t even notice the smell :D I guess I’m only more in tune to stronger floral scents :) So we are getting conflicting news here about where stocks are coming from in Singapore. Perhaps initial stocks are “Made in Japan” and later stocks will be “Made in China”? Hmm… interesting :)

Hasegawa Ayane May 27, 2010 at 3:57 pm

I’m using this now and have no complains about it X3 It’s a rather large tube too :3

ParisB May 27, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Yes it is! Actually its just large in size – content wise its similar to other brands :)

plue
May 27, 2010 at 4:11 pm

nearly bought this, but the smell, it stinks! the whitening one smells better, maybe cuz of the vit c? or my nose is playing pranks on me.

i got another 4 more cleansers to clear… so no new ones for me now! :P

ParisB May 27, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Gosh I must go sniff at mine tonight – I actually cannot remember any smell at all! I use different cleansers in the day and in the evening. Weird hor?

Sugar May 27, 2010 at 6:17 pm

eww, tamago cleanser? tamago means egg in japanese.

anyway, for some reason, the hada labo lotion breaks me out. i find that ANY toner, whether hada labo or clinique or Dior white reveal or dior hydrante, or oxy or garnier breaks me out. so far only connie’s rec of madara DCT works.

so i dont think am gonna try this cleanser. ‘m usign yuan now tho, and all’s dandy!! =) (wild mugwort, just like u said )

ParisB May 27, 2010 at 6:54 pm

Yup tamago except its not made of egg la it is the aha one that makes skin smooth like hardboiled egg :D sorry to hear this broke you out! First time I’m seeing it really! I like the Madara DCT too :)

ilif May 28, 2010 at 1:48 am

First time commenting here! Love your blog btw :D

You mention that this product did not dry out you skin and you can even walk around without applying lotion or moisturizer after washing so is it possible to skip the hada labo lotion (toner)?

i’m planning to buy one from the hada labo range but not quite sure which one to try first. interested with the toner since got many reviews about it. or should i try the face wash?

ParisB May 28, 2010 at 9:57 am

Thank you! I never recommend not using moisturizer. Any cleanser no matter how mild strips moisture fron skin. I only meant I tested it without moisturizer to see if my skin was very dry and it was not so its comfortable unlike many other cleansers where you must moisturize immediately. Which to try depends on which product you need :) the lotion is their star product so perhaps if you’ve run out of a “toner” you can try that. Do note its not a toner but a lotion. I have explained the differences in an earlier post :)

Connie
May 29, 2010 at 12:12 am

Thanks for clarifying, PB :) I wondering about that too because someone brought that issue up. Personally, I’m not fussed. If something works, I don’t actually care where it’s made. Heck, all NYX products are made in China and I have no problems using them… And like you said, Mentholatum is an established brand so I’m very sure that the product manufacturing is well-controlled.

I have so many facial washes but this sounds good!

ParisB May 29, 2010 at 11:56 pm

The problem with facial washes is that it takes forever and a day to finish any. Right bummer right?

Hwa yeon June 2, 2010 at 5:55 pm

Hi I’m keen to try some hadalabo products
but I’m unsure where I can go to buy them. Are they available in Singapore Guardian shop?

ParisB June 2, 2010 at 5:57 pm

In Singapore, I believe they are in Watson’s only.

Synaesthesia June 9, 2010 at 1:30 pm

I’m been using it for the past weeks although I bought it few months ago… hahahaha… it has mild scented but it doesn’t bother me at all. Personally, I don’t feel much for this cleanser and I have different experience with you, Paris. I’ll feel tight after washes if I don’t put on moisturiser within 5 minutes. Whether it cleanse my skin throughly, I really have no idea as I never know how to differenciate whether is clean or not. I don’t use toner at all. Maybe I should do some experiences on this cleanser ? hehehehe…

Jay July 15, 2010 at 11:31 am

Have you ever used GOKUJYUN Make Up Remover Super Hyaluronic?

ParisB July 15, 2010 at 11:33 am

Yes I am using it now. My thoughts will come in a future blog post.

James September 6, 2010 at 8:54 am

Can this facial wash use for normal/oily skin?

ParisB September 6, 2010 at 10:17 am

Yes it can. Also take a look at the Tamagohada AHA/BHA face wash.

LeyanaLaila October 17, 2010 at 3:46 pm

since its not drying for my combination skin…i guess gonna get it next month!!~ need to finish my Burts cleanser first :)

milocup January 8, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Thanks for the review! Was using Biotherm Skin Perfection but found that the cleanser was way too dry for my combination skin. Thought I’d give Hada Labo SHA cleanser a shot since I found it at Guardian for RM16+ for 50mL. OMG! So cheap compared to Biotherm. It didn’t stink and my face felt clean without the tightness! Yay!

nia March 28, 2011 at 7:45 pm

i love face wash…lot of face wash…and i just trying this hada labo for a day…i prefer face wash with a lot of bubble….i love it….. :):):)

Q.bi March 30, 2011 at 12:31 pm

hello!i’ve been using hada labo aha/bha cleanser, followed by its whitening lotion+milk..but my face becomes extremely dry,red and flaky!!so i stopped using the whitening product, and replace it with the super hyaluronic acid lotion after the aha/bha cleanser..still d same…is it bcoz of d cleanser??what should i do?

Sam April 17, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Hi Q.bi,

I had the same issue with AHA/BHA cleanser. The dry and red skin. Not flaky though. To me, it is the AHA/BHA being too strong. I have stop using it and no more problem.

Cheers.

Ying June 9, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Hey, so i’ve just bought this product too. I actually read alot of good stuff about it i thought i’d try. :) However, after using it my face has this tight feeling. I have combination skin – oily at the t-zone and dry around the cheeks. Now i don’t know if i should’ve gone for the AHA/BHA face wash. :/ Hope everyone else has better luck than I had with this product.

Ying, Malaysia.

ParisB June 9, 2011 at 6:38 pm

If you found this one drying, better not try the AHA/BHA one. That’s even more drying due to the AHA/BHA element. I have combination skin too and this one’s great :)

Ying June 10, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Oh i see. :) I’ll take note on that. Thanks for your reply!

jan June 21, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Hi Paris
You mentioned that this is ur 2nd step cleanser. May I know which cleanser is your 1st step? I’m in the market for a cleanser. My skin is oily with occasional breakouts. Thanks for ur reply

ParisB June 22, 2011 at 10:12 am

I use a cleansing oil (any brand) as my first step cleanser/makeup remover. You can read a list of some cleansing oils I’ve tried over the years in this post.

iza July 26, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Hi paris. Just wanna ask, is this cleanser perfect to prevent blemishes?
Btw, I love your writing! :D

ParisB July 27, 2011 at 9:51 am

Thank you Iza and no. This is just a regular face wash. For something that might help with blemishes, try the Vichy Normaderm Purifying Foaming Cleanser.

MrsRance
August 21, 2011 at 11:01 am

This is my HG face wash. My skin is combination – oily and I love it so much. Will always repurchase :)

Joanna February 3, 2012 at 12:27 am

Hey there is this suitable for oily and combination skin?