Well, not so ugly really. This is not a movie review. I saw it in the week, and it was good light fun even if the censors were scissor happy but erratically so – most naughty references came through but other more obvious ones were snipped.
Still, I couldn’t help but make a few observations, fashion and beauty related, while watching the movie:-
- Call me naive, but I did not realise that hair extensions came in clip in one piece styles. I still thought that hair extensions had to be sewn in individually. Clearly I must be living under a rock 😛 I wonder how I’d look in one of those… 😉
- That figure hugging little black dress that Abby (Katherine Hiegl) wore with the sweetheart neckline is gorgeous! Unforgiving if you do not have a perfect bod, but gorgeous nevertheless. It was apparently custom made by Giorgio Armani – figures! Apparently you can get it at Armani too – not that I can afford paying US$950 for a dress I can’t wear anywhere… but to do the dishes! 😉
- Was it just me or did Katherine Hiegl look uncannily like Britney Spears and Lindsey Lohan with her blonde curly hair extensions and makeup? I much prefer her with short hair.
- The camel coloured bag Abby was seen carrying in LA is by Tod’s Took Tracolla Media. You know what’s ironic? I identified it because I’d just seen it recently at the MO Outlet and was rather taken in by it! I didn’t get it though the leather is amazingly buttery soft. I wonder if they still have it in stock… 😉
- I happened to love the dresses featured in the movie especially the 2 fitting yet flowing wrap dresses – the white one in the rather tiresome restaurant scene (Its by Gucci) and the midnight blue one with 3/4 sleeves in the hot air balloon scene.
- I happen to have a similar looking blue dress sans jeweled belt from Banana Republic! 😀 Yay! The nice thing about flowy dresses is that it hides a multitude of sins (and imperfect bods for us regular people) Now I just need to get me in that dress in a hot air balloon with a hot guy 😉 I was in a hot air balloon over Central Australia once – watching dawn creep over the landscape from the air with kangaroos hopping along was a sight to behold!!
So that’s what I observed in the movie. Oh other than that scene where Abby was driving through the Sacramento countryside with Colin. Dammit! I want that car and that scenery!!
Have you seen the movie and were you appalled or amused by it? Any observations to add?