When I was introduced to the Purse Pleaser bag organizer by Li, I could not help making a comparison to a desk caddy for stationery. It had that same look about it. Unlike most bag organizers we are used to, like the one I purchased before, the Purse Pleaser is made of sturdy plastic. “How would that work in a bag?” I thought as I looked the contraption over.
Well, the best way to know of course, is to use it!
I’d been using the canvas bag organizer I purchased before this in my large tote. It was filled with all the stuff I carry about everyday and it kept everything in its place. It was also very heavy perhaps due to all the stuff I carry around everyday. I replaced it with the Purse Pleaser and to my surprise, found that I had more space in the Purse Pleaser than I needed and my shoulders weren’t aching!
The benefit to having an organized bag is this:-
- Its Safer – You no longer have to root around for your car keys and house keys which means you can remain more aware of your surroundings and personal safety.
- No more missed calls – If you are like me before and can never find your ringing phone because its buried deep inside the recesses of your bag.
The other surprise benefit I found in using the Purse Pleaser is that it was lighter than I expected! The plastic is very lightweight and very much lighter than the canvas organizer even when filled with my stuff. I had not realised that it was the bag organizer that was contributing to the weight on my shoulders.
The Purse Pleaser comes in a set of 3 sizes – small, medium and large.
Small Purse Pleaser
The small size is approximately 2.5″ x 4.75″ and is extendable up to 7.75″ It fits into smaller bags as you can see below. The presumption is that if you carry a smaller bag, you should be carrying less things and so there are less compartments – still its enough for the basics – keys, lipsticks, tissue paper, wallet (provided you don’t have a hulking wallet like mine!).
Medium Purse Pleaser
The Medium purse pleaser is approximately 8.5″ x 3.25″. It fits into medium size bags and has more compartments because the presumption of course is that you will be carrying more things in a medium sized bag as opposed to a small bag.
Large Purse Pleaser
The Medium size extends from 8.5″ to 13.5″ x 3.25″ to fit into large tote bags. The extender compartment can be scaled and locks in place rather loosely. You can fit quite a lot of stuff in the maximum extension as you can see below.
The benefits of the Purse Pleaser as I have discovered after a couple of weeks use is this:-
- It suits structured bags and helps make them look better. Some bags are just made to look structured and the purse pleaser helps in not causing a saggy bottom. I mean the bag not your derriere. Nothing can help a saggy derriere except lots of exercise 😛
- It keeps the inside of your bag organized. It actually keeps the inside even more organized than the canvas bag organizer. You can quite literally see everything you want or need at one glance without having to remember which pocket you put your things in, which can be very helpful.
- It makes it easy to change bags. I literally pick up the purse pleaser out of one bag and dump it right into another without having anything fall out. That is very convenient.
- I can keep any sized bag organized. The 3 sizes available fit most bags so every single bag can be kept organized, including bags with dividers in them! I just pop the small organizer in the middle zip compartment and it makes it easy to locate things instead of rooting around.
- No more losing Parking tickets and touch card passes. I don’t usually lose them anyway, but now that I can place the touch cards and parking tickets in a specific slot and have them in full view, I don’t have to spend time digging around various pockets in my bag looking for them and panicking.
- Its washable. Because its plastic, its easily washable and dries quickly too.
Because I like giving a balanced view, there are a few drawbacks to the Purse Pleaser too:-
- It does not suit all styles of bags. Some bags are made to slouch like hobos. The purse pleaser with its structured style will spoil the line of these bags. You could of course have some modicum of organization with the small set that does not affect the slouchiness. It also does not work well in deep bags.
- The compartments are a little rigid. I mean rigid in the sense of size. My bulky wallet does not fit into any of the spaces and I have to store it standing up with my camera – not that it bugs me. My sunglasses too does not fit into the space they allocated for sunglasses and there’s absolutely no space for a makeup pouch if you carry one. I however only carry lipstick so I’m fine. You can of course place your makeup pouch, notebook or wallet next to the purse pleaser if you carry a larger roomier bag. I tried it and it works.
- It can be noisy. Yes, because its hard plastic, and if you have hard items in there knocking around, it can get a little noisy. Not recommended for those who like sneaking around 😉 I got used to it after a spell and don’t hear it anymore.
Do I like the purse pleaser?
Yes I do. Despite having to get over the desktop caddy look of it, I like how it keeps the inside of all my bags organized at a glance. One problem I had with the canvas bag organizer was that it did not fit most of my bags due to size or shape. With the Purse Pleaser, the sizes fit nicely into most of the bags I own and then some, while at the same time keeping my bags looking slim and not bulky.
If you like an organized bag like I do, you’re going to love these!
Update: I no longer use this, but it does make a good desk caddy. It’s no longer available in Malaysia but you can try looking online.