I previously wrote about my regular visits to the Kanebo International Salon for my facials and Tine (who also goes to Kanebo) asked me to review them so I shall.
I first visited the Kanebo International Salon in Bangsar a couple of years back, when I came across a promotion in the newspapers for their facials. Since then, they are my regular facial salon.
This is what I like about going to the Kanebo Salon:
- The staff are friendly. The outfit in Bangsar is quite small. They have about 3 facial treatment rooms and 2 massage/spa rooms. There arenâ€™t many staff so its easy to identify and build up a rapport with the girls. Iâ€™ve never had a facial at Starhill Gallery but I have visited the salon and the friendliness factor is also there. The Starhill salon is a lot larger so it can accommodate more customers.
- They don’t push products or services. It’s a fact that the staff get commissions from sale of products and services. However, from my experience, I’ve never been bugged or pressured to purchase anything that I don’t want or need at that time. They may tell you about a new product or a product which they think might be useful for you, but they don’t push you into buying it.
- The staff are knowledgeable about the products. They sell skincare products and T’estimo makeup (now Coffret D’or) at the salon. I find that whilst they may be rather less knowledgeable than I am when it comes to the makeup, their knowledge of the skincare range is quite exemplary. They are able to explain the use and benefits of each product which is helpful.
- The salon atmosphere is comfortable. The salons are quiet and elegant with background music. When I get there, my file is ready and my room is usually ready and waiting. I am served a cold peach tea with some dried apricot and at the end of the treatment, I’m served hot ginger tea. The rooms are quiet and comfortable, with dim lights and soft music. The salon at Starhill is very nice. They are supposed to be the first 6 star salon in the country.
- The treatments are relaxing. There is no unnecessary chatter from the facialist unless you ask them about the products being used. The treatments start with you getting changed into a tube gown. Then you are given a brief backrub before the facial treatment starts. The whole process is very soothing and its quite common to fall asleep. I always do. In fact, its encouraged.
The best thing of course, is that the treatments work for me. My skin always looks better for days after I go for a facial. They don’t usually do extractions unless you ask for it or unless your skin looks bad. Also, they usually trim my eyebrows which is nice. Now, my whole family and some friends go there and they all love it.
The prices of the facial treatments are rather expensive, I’d admit. Prices of facials range from RM98 to RM348 per treatment. However, as we purchase facial packages, which sometimes come with one or two freebies thrown in, the cost works out more affordable for the once a month luxury.
Kanebo salons also have body treatments. I personally recommend getting a massage from “Jenny” at the Kanebo salon in Bangsar. She is very good if you have stiff muscles as she has an uncanny ability to feel out and work out every kink in your muscles.
Here are the contact numbers of the Kanebo International salons in Malaysia:
Bangsar – 03-2292 1218
Starhill Gallery – 03-2144 1218
Gurney Plaza – 04-227 7618
If you are wondering about the service at the Kanebo International Salon in Starhill Gallery, you can read my review here.
I liked the Silk Extract Collagen Hydra-Energylift Treatment which usually retails for RM348 for 90 minutes. This facial uses a skin lifting machine and the Kanebo silk cream and silk powder that usually retail for over RM700 for a set. The skin feels smooth and hydrated for days after the treatment. This was the last set of treatments I used and I found it very good for my skin.
For acne prone or oily skin with clogged pores, you may be recommended the Deep Purifying Facial Treatment (usual RM128) where they help extract pimples and clogged pores. Regular treatments do help reduce problems with their skin as someone I know has found.
Note: Previous Promotion is over
Do give the Kanebo salons a try. I enjoy my experience there every time.