With all the hurly burly of the festive season culminating in Christmas last week and then the New Year next week, It almost feels like the year is speeding up as we draw to a close. Here were some of my highlights of the week as seen on Instagram.
At this time of the year, I don’t feel very verbose. Keep it short and sweet yes? Do let me know how your festivities went, and here’s the little stories behind my photos that are just too long or too tiring to type out on a phone
- I was at Pavilion KL when I remembered that a lovely friend had treated me to a chocolate banana cake at the West 57th Zang Toi cafe inside Parkson Pavilion. I don’t eat chocolate nor cake at the best of times, but I will make an exception for this one and my family loved it too! I forsee many happy times returning there in future Oh, and also have their Tea Punch (non alcoholic) Very refreshing and very delicious!
- A very lovely gift from Dior Malaysia came in the form of intricately printed dark chocolate printed with the facade of the Dior flagship store in Paris. Almost too pretty to eat, but I destroyed mine by leaving them in the car so they’re semi melted (which means I don’t feel so bad eating them now!)
- A friend gifted me with a surprise gift of a bead statement necklace and I loved it! I’m very bad at picking out accessories and am very lax wearing them but I can see myself wearing this piece with a nice plain top.
- Christmas Day dinner saw me making my signature tom yam soup and having an impromptu dinner with some friends together with some salted egg mantis prawns. So. Yummy! And no, there was no turkey
- Merry Chirstmas!
- Went to try the famous Tai Lei Loi Kei Macau pork chop burger that people were raving about but it gave me a tummy upset! I wonder if it’s the oil but it made me very uncomfortable all day Sadly, it turned out I wasn’t the only one who’d felt this way. I won’t be going back for sure.
- A dear dear friend gifted me with home made fruit cake because I’d been going on and on about it! 2 fruit cakes this year! I must have done something good to deserve these yummy treats!
- Just before Christmas I finally went to see the dentist because my teeth were feeling sensitive and uncomfortable. Was quite embarrassed to realise I’d not been for a check up in 2 years! Yikes! Fortunately, all was well, and I just needed some cleaning up and I’m resolving to take better care of my teeth!
- The little nephew came to visit for the weekend! He’s such a character and growing up into a chatty, intelligent little boy. Don’t get to see him quite enough
- Had some of the freshest, crunchiest, most delicious prawns in a long time. Salt and pepper fried prawns from Pantai Seafood restaurant. So good, I ate more than I should but less than I wanted to
- On Dec 22 was the Winter Solstice and Chinese celebrate this as the “Tang Yuan” festival. It it s a time for family reunions and get togethers and at this time, we will make colourful flour balls from glutinous rice flour which we then have in a sweet ginger soup. The round balls signify family togetherness and it is also the start of the countdown to the Chinese New Year! Yes, for us, the festivities continue all the way till February!
It wasn’t a very eventful week, but quite a festive one. I hope you too had lots of fun with your family and friends!
How did your week go? Did you manage to celebrate the Tang Yuan festival with your family?
We don’t always get to be together at this time of year, but this year we all were, so it was a good time to celebrate hence the feasting on prawns
Instagram my week is an excerpt of the highlights of my week or weeks on Instagram. Follow me there @ParisBMWS for quick reviews, beauty previews and gastronomic delights.