New! Hada Labo ES Skincare for Sensitive Skin – Hydrates, Repairs and Soothes

in Cheap and Good?,Cleanser,Moisturiser,New on shelves,Toner/Lotion

Those of you who have been with me for a while will remember that I am quite a fan of the Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Lotion. You know, the one that you pat on? The one that helps your skin go ‘toing!’ each time you pat? I don’t use it very often these days for various reasons but I have a bottle on my dresser that I use now and again. It feels lovely every time! But apparently some people with sensitive skin didn’t take to it too well.

hadalabo es3 New! Hada Labo ES Skincare for Sensitive Skin   Hydrates, Repairs and Soothes

Well, fret no longer! Hada Labo now has the Hada Labo es range specially for sensitive skin. I don’t know what “es” means. Does it say something in Japanese? I can’t tell so if you can, holler at me! icon biggrin New! Hada Labo ES Skincare for Sensitive Skin   Hydrates, Repairs and Soothes

This isn’t new globally. I had seen it on the Japanese Hada Labo website a while ago, and on other online stores. I just didn’t know what it was really for. Well, what the es range is really for is for those with sensitive skin, so they have gone and formulated this with no fragrance, colorants, alcohol, mineral oil and preservatives. It also contains nano hyaluronic acid (that seemingly magical skin hydration ingredient that binds moisture to skin) and zinc to sooth skin inflammation and irritation.

Here’s a brief overview of what there is. Its been out here since October at Guardian pharmacies so if you have tried it, feel free to share your thoughts on this with the rest of us icon smile New! Hada Labo ES Skincare for Sensitive Skin   Hydrates, Repairs and Soothes

There are 4 products in the Hada Labo es range for sensitive skin:-

hadalabo es New! Hada Labo ES Skincare for Sensitive Skin   Hydrates, Repairs and Soothes

1. es Milk – RM61.90/140ml – A light moisturiser for those who prefer a lighter textured moisturiser.
  2. es Lotion – RM55.90/170ml – Similar to the regular Gokujyun Super Hyaluronic Acid Lotion, this is the product you pat onto your skin after cleansing and before moisturising to boost moisture levels in skin.
  3. es Cleansing Foam Wash - RM39.90/160ml – A light foam facial wash that cleans and hydrates skin so skin does not dry out post cleansing
  4. es Cream – RM65.90/50g – A moisturiser in cream form which is therefore heavier than the es Milk for longer lasting hydration. You don’t need both, just either depending on your preferences

Truth be told, based on what I’d tried before from Hada Labo, I’ve only really liked the SHA Lotion and the Face Wash. I hadn’t tried their milk emulsion moisturiser and I didn’t think much of the SHA Moisturizing Cream. The other ranges didn’t quite do it for me either so all this time I’ve really only stuck to the SHA Lotion.

Although I don’t have sensitive skin generally speaking, I am quite interested to give these a go, simply because I’m curious to see if the es Lotion will work as well for me as the regular SHA Lotion, and I have a thing for self foaming face washes. I can rarely resist buying them, and I like the Japanese formula. They usually do it very well! icon biggrin New! Hada Labo ES Skincare for Sensitive Skin   Hydrates, Repairs and Soothes

hadalabo es2 New! Hada Labo ES Skincare for Sensitive Skin   Hydrates, Repairs and Soothes

I have no complaints price wise. I believe they are about on par with that of the regular Super Hyaluronic Acid range. The square packaging is distinctive but I would have been confused as heck seeing this on the shelves because I wouldn’t really know if it was just another new Hada Labo range.

Well, now you know! If you have sensitive skin that is easily inflamed or irritated then this maybe the range that suits your skin better. However, if you have a known reaction or allergy to hyaluronic acid (I know some people have reported this) then better don’t run the risk either because this too contains Hada Labo’s key ingredient.

Have you checked out the Hada Labo es skincare range for sensitive skin? Does it work better for you?

As noted, I don’t have sensitive skin so even if I do try this in time to come, I won’t be able to properly evaluate its effects on my skin so this will be something to bear in mind icon smile New! Hada Labo ES Skincare for Sensitive Skin   Hydrates, Repairs and Soothes Still, I figure that if its suitable for people with sensitive skin, it should be suitable for someone with regular skin like mine and maybe even better? icon wink New! Hada Labo ES Skincare for Sensitive Skin   Hydrates, Repairs and Soothes

Hada Labo es Sensitive Skin range of products Price: As above Availability: Guardian Pharmacies only for now until further notice

Chris December 21, 2012 at 9:28 am

Oh nice! I’m currently using products from IPSA, I wish to try out this range too! thanks for sharing

December 21, 2012 at 4:50 pm

You’re welcome Chris :) I haven’t tried anything from IPSA – what’s good? ;)

Chris December 24, 2012 at 11:14 am

FYI IPSA had skincare for sensitive skin, I use their skincare on and off, especially when my skin gets extra sensitive. I got them in HK, I’m using their cleanser, lotion and metabolizer (moisturizer), I’m a person with consistent breakouts, but I’m okay to use their sensitive range, acne eventually subsided ^^

December 21, 2012 at 9:31 am

I’ve seen these around, and had a passing thought that their range is growing bigger. On another note, I hope our local pharmacies carry a wider range of products. I picked up Bioderma when I was in Singapore (available only at Guardian I think) and it’s pretty good.
Lily recently blogged…My First Inglot Freedom Palette ExperienceMy Profile

December 21, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Yep, the Hada Labo range here is almost complete. I think there’s just one more item they’ll bring in soon and that’ll complete it :) I picked up Bioderma in HK but I haven’t fallen in love with it the way everyone else has. I wonder what’s wrong LOL!

Tine
December 21, 2012 at 9:35 am

Aww man, I didn’t know Hada Labo has this. I can’t even remember if I saw this in Japan. I must have, but there were so many ranges under Hada Labo that I gave up and bought something else. Also didn’t help when everything was in Japanese :P

Will be sure to check this out when I’m back :)
Tine recently blogged…Talk To Me: Do You Adjust Your Makeup and Dress According To The People You Meet?My Profile

December 21, 2012 at 5:12 pm

The Japanese drugstores are a wonderland of everything wonderful and fun … but only if you can read Japanese >.< I remember feeling so overwhelmed when I was there. It must be why I hardly bought anything in the end :( On the bright side, it could be cheaper here ;)

Liz December 21, 2012 at 10:26 am

I have oily skin and the normal Hada Labo lotion broke me out. But I still needed something moisturizing since I’m using very drying acne medication at night so es Lotion really saved me! =D I still wouldn’t call it perfect though, it just… Helps with the dryness and tightness. I’m not sure if I would make a second purchase once I’m finished with it but it does serves its purpose at that price.

Their cleansers never go wrong for me anyway so I might try out the es Foam Wash in the near future.

December 21, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Hi Liz, its great to know that the es Lotion worked for you even though the normal one did not! Perhaps it is really better for more sensitive skin :)

Connie December 21, 2012 at 10:29 am

I’m a bit skeptical when comes to skincare using nanotechnology. It’s good that the ingredients get to be absorbed into the skin more efficiently as the particle is so minute. But then how safe is it when it got absorbed deep down into our bloodstream and possible of damaging healthy cells. I believe skincare applied just on the surface of skin is good enough.

December 21, 2012 at 5:16 pm

I remember the debate on nano technology from a year or two back. I suppose its worth keeping in mind :)

xin
December 21, 2012 at 10:35 am

i don’t have sensitive skin either but i have been using the es lotion, it works about the same as the SHA lotion for me and i honestly don’t feel very different, but oh, maybe it’s just less sticky than SHA.
xin recently blogged…Your Say: What&#8217;s your last wish if the world were to end?My Profile

December 21, 2012 at 5:18 pm

Hmm I should give it a go and see if its lighter than the SHA lotion :)

peach_ December 21, 2012 at 12:28 pm

I’ve been scared to try other Hada Labo products ever since the foaming cleanser in the tube clogged my pores from the “moisturizing” residue it leaves. I guess it was too much for my combo-oily skin!

“es” (merely pronounced like the letter “S”) apparently stands for “enjoy skincare.” Not sure what that has to do with skin sensitivity! :P I do have sensitive skin, so perhaps this is worth another look at the brand. Thanks for the reminder!

December 21, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Yikes! It would well be that your skin doesn’t like hyaluronic acid, Peach! :D Don’t force it. I thought “es” would stand for “extra sensitive” LOL! But its good to know from someone in Japan that it isn’t. Enjoy skincare eh? Hmm I wonder why they should say so LOL!

Jyoan December 21, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Actually, I think the normal range from Hada Labo is already extremely mild, and suitable for sensitive skin like mine. So I guess, this would be for the really extra sensitive. OH! I think ES may mean Extra Sensitive? hahaha. Just thought of it as I type.

I can use the Hada Labo Arbutin (anti-ageing) and normal range with no problems.

December 21, 2012 at 5:23 pm

I thought of that too :D But Peach from Japan says it means “Enjoy Skincare” I don’t profess to know how the minds of the Japanese work but there you go! :D Its good to know the brand generally works for you :)

Mady Ramlan December 22, 2012 at 8:57 am

I’m currently using the ES Hada Labo lotion and Cream. My skin is extra sensitive and with the dry weather here in Adelaide, the ES line is truly a Godsend. I’ve had no irritations and my skin remains moist without being oily.

December 23, 2012 at 10:48 am

Thanks for sharing, Mady :D Its great to know it works well for your skin!

Jennifer December 22, 2012 at 10:39 am

I got quite excited when they launched the ES range. Perhaps I will try their lotion next. So far the SHA Hydrating Face Wash has been great on the face and pocket :)

December 23, 2012 at 10:50 am

Yes! That SHA Face Wash lasts forever too doesn’t it? :D If you have sensitive skin maybe the ES range may work just as well :D

babysaffron January 2, 2013 at 10:04 am

Hi…
where can i buy this in Singpore… Friend leaving tonight and very intrigue…
Thanks.

January 3, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Sorry this is late but I”m not sure where its available or if its available in Singapore yet. Otherwise, Hada Labo should be available at most major pharmacies in Singapore, I believe.

babysaffron January 4, 2013 at 3:58 pm

super thanks….
hope my friend finds it…. hahaha