New! L’Occitane Angelica Hydrating Skincare Introduces 3 new items

in Mask,New on shelves,Product Reviews,Scrubs,Toner/Lotion

Some time last year, I told you about a new range of skincare from French brand, L’Occitane who we tend to associate more with bath and body products. (And don’t those smell delicious and feel so lovely? icon razz New! LOccitane Angelica Hydrating Skincare Introduces 3 new items ) The range was Angelica and it is a range of skincare products targeted at hydration.

loccitane angelika New! LOccitane Angelica Hydrating Skincare Introduces 3 new items

I’d tried the Angelica Face Toner, as some of you might recall. I used to even use it as a quick face mask, and I went through 2 bottles of them. It was quite lovely and I sort of liked that fresh green scent. I also tried the Angelica Hydration Cream but it lacked that certain je ne sais quoi.

This year, the range was expanded further to include a couple of new items, notably the Exfoliating Gel and Instant Hydrating Mask. There was also an inclusion of a Hydration Face Mist, which was limited edition. I know, limited edition – I did raise my eyebrows when I was told. Maybe they are testing the market icon wink New! LOccitane Angelica Hydrating Skincare Introduces 3 new items

Anyway, the Hydration Face Mist (RM71/100ml) is as the name implies, a face mist that hydrates skin.

loccitane angelika3 New! LOccitane Angelica Hydrating Skincare Introduces 3 new items

It comes in an aerosol can and sprays out a fine mist, scented with that green fresh scent found in the Angelica range of products. I personally felt that while lovely and cool, it was pretty much the same as any other face mist in the market. My skin did feel hydrated, but it also felt temporary, as any other face mist feels. Again, while it is a very nice product it perhaps wasn’t as special as some might make it out to be. Sorry L’Occitane!

loccitane angelika4 New! LOccitane Angelica Hydrating Skincare Introduces 3 new items

Another new product is the Exfoliating Gel (RM107/75ml) which is a fine physical face scrub. I mean it to be fine – both in texture and in performance icon smile New! LOccitane Angelica Hydrating Skincare Introduces 3 new items Texture wise, it isn’t abrasive on skin and is just “scrubby” enough to leave skin feeling clean, and flake free. You don’t need very much either, so it can last you quite a while.

loccitane angelika2 New! LOccitane Angelica Hydrating Skincare Introduces 3 new items

The final new introduction to the range is the Angelica Instant Hydration Mask (RM122/75ml) which is a gel type mask to offer your skin almost instant hydration. The product is a translucent gel that you apply on your skin and leave on, before cleaning off. The product doesn’t require you to wash off, but if you do not like the slightly sticky after feel, you may still prefer to wash it off before going on to the rest of your skincare.

Otherwise, you can do what I do with the Dior One Essential mask, which is soak cotton pads in toner (Angelica Face Toner if you like) and wipe it off your skin. It will take you longer, but whatever residue on your skin can continue its job to hydrate skin. Skin does feel cooled and hydrated and because it feels so gentle, I feel like I can use this as often as I like. Because I don’t like wasting product, I leave it on quite a while and at the end of the time, it usually feels just a bit tacky on my skin.

This is just a quick overview on the new items in the Angelica skincare range. I’m open to requests if you’d prefer something a little more in-depth for the Exfoliating Gel or the Instant Hydration Mask. I’d personally skip the face mist icon razz New! LOccitane Angelica Hydrating Skincare Introduces 3 new items

Have you tried anything from the L’Occitane Angelica skincare range? Does anyone else like the Face Toner too?

Of the items I have tried, I think the Face Toner and the Exfoliating Gel are the 2 items from the Angelica range that I would look into.

L’Occitane Angelica Exfoliating Gel Price: RM107/75ml; Instant Hydrating Mask Price: RM122/75ml; Hydration Face Mist (Limited Edition) Price: RM75/100ml Availability: L’Occitane stores

xin
October 19, 2012 at 9:27 am

since i still have some points to be topped up before they expire, i might look at the scrub. i can’t believe that i actually ran out of face scrub already!
xin recently blogged…Sun, Sea, Food & Massages: Come Tour Phuket with Me!My Profile

October 20, 2012 at 4:57 pm

LOL perfect! :D

October 19, 2012 at 9:30 am

The only L’Occitane face product I tried was its Almond range face moisturiser, which is already discontinued. I also enjoyed its Grape range anti water retention cream, but that was also discontinued. Quite off putting, actually. That said, I still love its Almond shower oil. Yummy.
Back to the topic, haven’t tried this range. Wonder when it’ll be discontinued… LOL!
Lily recently blogged…Estee Lauder Pure Color Quick-Thick EyeLiner Punker Black should be made permanent!My Profile

October 20, 2012 at 4:58 pm

LOL!! Who knows eh? Their Immortelle range is still going strong ;) I personally feel that L’Occitane’s strengths lie in their bath & body products. Loving their almond shower oil too!

Sze Ling October 19, 2012 at 9:40 am

A review of the Hydration Mask would be nice. ;)

Is it just me, or does the face mist looks a bit like a can of hairspray? :P
Sze Ling recently blogged…Assorted BagelsMy Profile

October 20, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Hmm hairspray would be dangerous if one makes a mistake! LOL! :D I’ll work on the Hydration Mask then. Looks popular!

Catherine October 19, 2012 at 9:42 am

L’occitane boutiques are all over Paris but I tried only their hand creams and soaps… Im curious about this mask, how moisturising it really is :)

October 20, 2012 at 5:00 pm

It is really quite moisturizing quite instantly. Nice boost to the skin if you want something quick :)

Nikki October 19, 2012 at 9:59 am

I wouldn’t mind giving this range a try as L’Occitane has been nice to me in terms of the eye cream and face mask that I’ve tried :D

October 20, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Its good to know you’ve had good experiences with L’Occitane skincare, Nikki!

Ana Sk October 19, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Hi Paris,
I have tried the face mist, and agree with your words about it. It would be nice if you could tell us a little more about the hidration mask. I have received a sample of it some time ago, but completly forgot about it, although I was curious, I didnt use it then. Anyway would love to know more about your opinion on it. I always love your reviews and tips, they always suit me very well.
thank you!

October 20, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Hi Ana, I’m glad you agreed about the face mist too! :) I’ll work on the hydration mask cos it seems a popular request :) Thank you for your support for the blog, and I’m very happy to know that reviews/tips have helped you :)

Kimmyz October 19, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Hey Paris, hope to hear more about the hydration mask. Am looking for one now so would be good to hear more from you. Thanks!

October 20, 2012 at 5:02 pm

I’ll work on that one, Kimmyz! :D

Sammi October 19, 2012 at 11:59 pm

I’m interested with the hydrating mask and i’m thinking of buying it..which fares better,between laneige sleeping mask & loccitane angelica hydrating mask?

October 20, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I personally prefer the Laneige because its so simple to use. The L’Occitane one is a wash off/wipe off mask, not to be left on so its essentially 2 different products :)

Angelina October 22, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I remember they were LE previously. Now they are available permanently? Nice. I like the scrub. No idea about the mask though.

October 22, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Yes, its a permanent range now :)

Angelina October 22, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Happy to know that. Can’t wait to splurge :)

Aby Teo October 25, 2012 at 1:47 am

hi MWS… can i have the links to join the voting for reader choice awards 2012?
I am interested to vote but i do not know where to vote >_<
cannot find the link =[

October 25, 2012 at 9:04 am

Sorry for the oversight, Aby & thanks for drawing it to my attention! You may go here to vote. Have fun!

Aby Teo October 26, 2012 at 1:28 am

thanks :)
may i know we can only vote one round is it~?