in Cheap and Good?,FOTD,Lipstick,Makeup,Product Reviews

Fans of Revlon Lip Butters, are you in for a treat! 4 new colours are entering the Malaysian market this month in 4 colour families including a very interesting orange. Orange! Tutti Fruitti is a straight orange and ah! I loved the idea of an orange lipstick as much as I loved the idea of an orange lipgloss! icon biggrin Dessert sans calories with new Revlon Lip Butters in Tutti Frutti, Sweet Tart, Berry Smoothie capped with Sugar Frosting

revlon lip butter new3 Dessert sans calories with new Revlon Lip Butters in Tutti Frutti, Sweet Tart, Berry Smoothie capped with Sugar Frosting

The 4 new colours available here are Berry Smoothie, Sweet Tart, Sugar Frosting and Tutti Frutti. Like the ones we got before, I found that although the Lip Butters are in effect that lipstick-lipbalm hybrid lipstick that is at once sheer yet moisturizing on lips, there are 2 different textures. One is more opaque so you get more colour and less shine and another is more sheer so you get more shine and less colour. The problem is, you just can’t tell by looking at the lipsticks which ones will swatch sheer or opaque!

Let me show you how they look.

Like the regular Lip Butters, the cases are reflective of the colour of the lipstick. The cases are all slightly translucent as per normal. The bit you need to grab to get a hold of the lipstick tube is the black bit that says “Revlon”. I actually find it a bit of a bother sometimes because I tend to grab my lipsticks around the middle of the tube and then I wonder why I can’t get the cover off. So packaging wise, that’s my gripe.

revlon lip butter new6 Dessert sans calories with new Revlon Lip Butters in Tutti Frutti, Sweet Tart, Berry Smoothie capped with Sugar Frosting

Lipstick wise, I like the way the tube is shaped. I am a fan of the blunt flat lipstick top because it just makes it easier to apply and because of the texture of the lipstick, its alright even if I go a little out of line.

revlon lip butter new2 Dessert sans calories with new Revlon Lip Butters in Tutti Frutti, Sweet Tart, Berry Smoothie capped with Sugar Frosting

Left-Right: Tutti Frutti, Sweet Tart, Berry Smoothie, Sugar Frosting

See how the colours match up to the cap? Its a great way to find your lipstick when you are pressed for time because you simply have to glance at the cap to know what colour you are picking. I don’t mind this in a drugstore or pharmacy brand lipstick but I still want my high end lipsticks to sport sleek uniform packaging. Yes, I’m a snob that way icon wink Dessert sans calories with new Revlon Lip Butters in Tutti Frutti, Sweet Tart, Berry Smoothie capped with Sugar Frosting

Have you figured out yet which are sheer and which are more opaque? Here are the swatches to help you along.

revlon lip butter new Dessert sans calories with new Revlon Lip Butters in Tutti Frutti, Sweet Tart, Berry Smoothie capped with Sugar Frosting

(1) Tutti Frutti – orange (2) Sweet Tart (pink) (3) Berry Smoothie (berry) (4) Sugar Frosting (nothing!) All swatched one time

I hope you can see that Tutti Frutti and Sweet Tart are both a little more opaque  in colour. In one swatch, you can see the actual colour of the lipstick. Berry Smoothie and Sugar Frosting are both much sheerer. I was a little disappointed with Berry Smoothie myself because I love berry coloured lipsticks and I would have loved a lip colour like the one in the tube.

Instead what you get is a very sheer hint of colour on your lips. I did grow to eventually like it, but it still disappoints me a little. Sugar Frosting is what I’d call a “Why bother?!” colour. In the tube its a very very light pink. On my hand it looks like nothing, just shine. Oh alright, if we’re really counting, there is a very very very slight hint of pink but for your purposes, it swatches as pretty much nothing, only imparting shine to the lips. You could get the same result by wearing lipbalm and that would be more moisturizing on lips icon razz Dessert sans calories with new Revlon Lip Butters in Tutti Frutti, Sweet Tart, Berry Smoothie capped with Sugar Frosting

Here are the swatches on lips to give you an idea of what they look like when you wear them. No matter how we try, lipstick only really looks good (and is best) applied on lips, not on the back of your hands icon razz Dessert sans calories with new Revlon Lip Butters in Tutti Frutti, Sweet Tart, Berry Smoothie capped with Sugar Frosting

revlon lip butter new4 Dessert sans calories with new Revlon Lip Butters in Tutti Frutti, Sweet Tart, Berry Smoothie capped with Sugar Frosting

(1) Sugar Frosting (2) Tutti Frutti (3) Berry Smoothie (4) Sweet Tart

Personally I’d discount Sugar Frosting because as you can see, it doesn’t show up and I like my lip colours to show up, whether sheer or otherwise. The other 3 colours are nice to wear and nice to have. If you are feeling a bit contrary, get Tutti Frutti. It actually applies a straight orange which is great because I’d never own a straight orange lipstick otherwise! Its not even coral. Its just straight orange and it is only thanks to the natural lip colour that it takes on a slightly pink undertone.

Berry Smoothie is, as I said before a bit of a disappointment but I like wearing it on days when I take the trouble to do my eyes. It gives a hint of berry colour to my lips and brightens up my skintone while looking as “natural” as can be. The sheerness of the texture is, I believe the key to this colour.

Sweet Tart is a bit of a bright pink that I was a little uncertain about initially. I was wondering if it was similar to Strawberry Shortcake that I own but it turns out it isn’t. It however maybe (don’t quote me on this!) very similar to Dior Addict in Diorkiss! I didn’t have time before this to run a side by side swatch but I’ll do it and report back icon wink Dessert sans calories with new Revlon Lip Butters in Tutti Frutti, Sweet Tart, Berry Smoothie capped with Sugar Frosting

In a nutshell

My thoughts on the Revlon Lip Butters have not changed (original review here). I still do not find them moisturizing enough to merit being as good as lipbalms and I still personally prefer the more opaque shade as opposed to the sheerer texture. I do still think they are excellent introductory lipsticks and at the wallet friendly price point, its worth picking up a couple. The texture is still soft and the tips of mine broke off with just 1 swatch but I’ll live with it.

Pros: Affordable, Light balmy texture isn’t heavy on lips, Colours to suit everyone, Colours are fairly pigmented so it is a good way to ease yourself into wearing lipstick

Cons: I found these were not very moisturizing, Texture is a little soft and the lip butter may break

Who will like these: Anyone who wants a light textured lipstick that does not feel heavy on lips, Anyone who prefers a sheer lipstick or who is new to wearing lipstick

Here’s how Sweet Tart looks on me in a full face shot.

revlon lip butter new5 Dessert sans calories with new Revlon Lip Butters in Tutti Frutti, Sweet Tart, Berry Smoothie capped with Sugar Frosting

Its a surprisingly pretty shade and one I’d definitely suggest you take a look at because it is so sweet! icon biggrin Dessert sans calories with new Revlon Lip Butters in Tutti Frutti, Sweet Tart, Berry Smoothie capped with Sugar Frosting I don’t usually wear pink lipstick but I am surprisingly taken by this one. Sort of glad its so wallet friendly icon biggrin Dessert sans calories with new Revlon Lip Butters in Tutti Frutti, Sweet Tart, Berry Smoothie capped with Sugar Frosting

Are you a fan of the Lip Butters? Which of these 4 new colours are you most taken with?

My favourites from these 4 new shades available here in descending order are Sweet Tart, Berry Smoothie, Tutti Frutti and Sugar Frosting. I ranked Berry Smoothie ahead of Tutti Frutti because I wear it more often icon smile Dessert sans calories with new Revlon Lip Butters in Tutti Frutti, Sweet Tart, Berry Smoothie capped with Sugar Frosting

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter is now available in 12 shades locally Price: RM24.90 each Availability: At all Revlon counters at major pharmacies

Disclosure: Featured products were press samples for consideration. For posting guidelines please read my disclaimer.

Hanny Daforcena
August 13, 2012 at 8:42 am

OOOO. Am agreeing with you on the Tutti Frutti front! Tempting indeed!
Hanny Daforcena recently blogged…Back With A FOTD: Something Out Of This World ( AKA Precious Goth)!My Profile

August 13, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I think that’s right up your alley! ;)

Stacey
August 13, 2012 at 9:13 am

Sweet tart calls out to me. :) Will grab it the next time I head over to m’sia.
Stacey recently blogged…Ben & Jerry’s Chunkfest 25 Aug 2012 SentosaMy Profile

August 13, 2012 at 5:19 pm

LOL Because its working out cheaper here? :D

jk August 13, 2012 at 9:16 am

Berry Smoothie’s my choice. Next will be Tutti Frutti which looks interesting – as something very different. I think I will be taking a walk to Guardian shortly.

August 13, 2012 at 5:20 pm

I hope they’re out already and Tutti Frutti is a good way to try a new striking colour without breaking the bank! :D

jk August 15, 2012 at 6:50 pm

They were not out as at Monday but checked the same Guardian today and their shipment arrived had just arrived but not unpacked yet as at lunch time. Got them to open the shipment box and pull out Berry Smoothie for me. No discount on this new item although other Revlon stuff was 10% off. But had to have it and did. Love the shade. *kiss* *kiss*

Jyoan August 13, 2012 at 9:29 am

I do like the lip butter though I only own one. Look forward to testing these in stores!

August 13, 2012 at 5:20 pm

I’ve recently worked out that because the texture is so soft, I can actually work my way through one quite quickly! Whew! :D

Monstro August 13, 2012 at 9:52 am

I love these lip butters! Thanks for doing this review. I think I may need to pick up Sweet Tart! I’m also strangely attracted to Tutti Frutti…but worries I might regret later!

August 13, 2012 at 5:23 pm

I think Sweet Tart would be very nice on you :) Tutti Frutti is orange but if you have slightly red lips then it’ll draw on that and turn it coral but not as coral as some of the other Dior ones I featured. Its a bit of a “wear once and rarely thereafter” colour :P

Honey August 13, 2012 at 10:24 am

I’m a definite fan. I have Fig Jam and Macaroon, both are already on their last lap. I’ve been waiting forever for Sweet Tart to arrive to our shore so will be picking this up the moment I set my eyes on it!

August 13, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Yummy! I have discovered that its quite possible to finish these up so I’m going to make that my goal! :D Sweet Tart is, I forsee a pretty pink on anyone!

sharon August 13, 2012 at 10:43 am

I love Berry Smoothie cos it gives me a MLBB look :) I wanted to like Sweet Tart but it turns out alittle too pink for me on my pigmented/darker tone lips. I am surprised that Sweet Tart is such a nice pink on you and Berry Smoothie doesnt quite suit you lol :) Different strokes for different folks I guess ;)

August 13, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Indeed! That’s the beauty of cosmetics – we can all wear something different and look just as lovely :D

Mrs Top Monkey August 13, 2012 at 11:12 am

Sweet tart and berry look yummylicious! Alamak… Why do I read your blog when I’ve maxed out my shopping quota???

August 13, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Psst! Its permanent so no need to run out and buy! Wait for the sale :P

Jesz August 13, 2012 at 11:31 am

Love the colour for Berry Smoothie and Sweet Tart….they look good on you, Paris. Guess they may be adding on to my lippe collection soon =P

August 13, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Haha thanks Jesz :D I hope you’ll like them too. They are very easy to wear colours :)

Vonvon August 13, 2012 at 11:47 am

I have Tutti Frutti and love it for a while now! And I just picked up Raspberry Pie from Walmart last week. This one is more like a lipstick.
Vonvon recently blogged…Things I Bought With My Boots No7 £5 Vouchers & Some Inflation Ranting Along The Way!My Profile

August 13, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Mmm Raspberry Pie sounds delicious as well as pretty! I don’t think we’ll get that yet but who knows when the next installment will come in :)

Hanim August 13, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I wanted Berry Smoothie since I saw Lisa Eldridge used it in one of her videos. Too bad it wasn’t out in Malaysia at the time…but now I can have it! Yeay!

August 13, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Ooh I didn’t know Lisa Eldridge used it too! Its great to know we can finally get it here right? Its a pretty colour and I think you’ll like it a lot :D

Hanim August 13, 2012 at 6:43 pm
SCK August 13, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Hi Paris!

Sorry I’m not writing a comment under the right subject, but i recently came across your post about clarisonic last september? and thought it would never get answered! lol so im writing it under the most recent post…i hope you dont mind :)

same thing happened to me…where i used clarisonic for 5-6 months…actually…with NO problem…–until winter hit, one day, right after the use, my skin became extremely dry and i broke out…
i blame it on clarisonic because it happened right after i used it and it dried my skin out so much, i could see fine lines across my cheek/nose area when i smiled!

also im in my 20s, and i have been lucky enough to never experience one single zit!
i was quite shocked that this would happen, and immediately stopped using clarisonic…
the pimples that clarisonic lasted about 5 months (i didnt get any new ones, but those pimples just wouldn’t leave…and finally this may/june-ish they were all gone…but it left some red marks!)
and i have also realized it gave me clogged pores, which i had never experienced before :(

like you said, im thinking about starting to use clarisonic again but maybe once a week this time…
hoping it would be a ‘saviour’ this time…lol

i wanted to ask you how your skin’s been doing with moderate amount of usage? (i think its almost been a year since you posted that clarisonic post!)

Thanks :)

August 14, 2012 at 10:57 am

Hi SCK I don’t use it a lot anymore. In fact, I’ve only used it about once a month ever since I went back to my daily exfoliator (I use the Impress Brightener) So what’s happened to my Clarisonic is that its turned into an expensive white elephant :P

Nikki August 13, 2012 at 1:12 pm

I love number 2 and 4 on you! :)

August 14, 2012 at 10:58 am

Thanks Nikki! I do too! :D Do you have these colours over there yet?

Nikki August 14, 2012 at 11:00 am

I believe so! I’ve seen different shades around on different counters! LOL

Callie August 13, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I like Tutti Frutti and Sweet Tart!!!

August 14, 2012 at 11:01 am

Those are gorgeous colours :)

Ling
August 13, 2012 at 3:11 pm

I love Sweet Tart too!!!! Funny how different countries released different shades at different times. I can barely keep up!
Ling recently blogged…RUBY BLING LIP ARTMy Profile

August 14, 2012 at 11:03 am

Haha indeed! Its crazy how we all get different stuff but I guess its a marketing thing because not all colours will suit everyone in the demographic. I personally am not sure how the pale shades will work here since with our weather and colouring, most of us will look much better with colour on our lips. But who knows eh? Sweet Tart is surprisingly such a sweet colour – glad you love it too!

S. August 13, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I haven’t tried Revlon Lip Butters yet!
I really like Sweet Tart on you.
S. recently blogged…Review: L’Oreal Color Infaillible in Tender CaramelMy Profile

August 14, 2012 at 11:04 am

Thank you S – I hope its not too expensive where you are! Its surprisingly very affordable here so its easy to grab one or two without feeling too guilty ;)

Sze Ling August 13, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Sweet Tart looks so pretty on you. You should wear it more often. ;)

I’ve yet to be converted to Lip Butters. Maybe I should check them out soon. :P
By the way, I know you said they are not super moisturizing, but are they in any way drying?
Sze Ling recently blogged…Corn MuffinsMy Profile

August 14, 2012 at 11:06 am

Teehee… thanks Sze Ling, I will! :D They aren’t drying on me which is fortunate. But the reason I harped on the moisture factor is because they are meant to be like lipbalms and for me, they aren’t. Dior Addict, now that’s moisturizing. These are almost there but not quite but at those prices, one can’t complain :)

Becca
August 13, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I love how Sweet Tart and Tutti Frutti look on you Paris–gorgeous as always :D
Becca recently blogged…The Sample: NEW L’Oréal Colour Riche Colour Caresse Lipsticks Review & SwatchesMy Profile

August 14, 2012 at 11:06 am

Thanks Becca! With your love for sheer lippies, I think these are right up your alley too! :D Checked them out yet? You guys get a ton of colours over there!

Allison W
August 13, 2012 at 6:42 pm

I like Sweet Tart the most! I don’t think I’ll ever go with Tutti Frutti as orange make my skin even yellowish… I already bought 2 of this Lip Butters earlier now I might just buy another one in Sweet Tart…

August 14, 2012 at 11:11 am

Tutti Frutti is a dangerous colour indeed! Potentially pretty but dangeous, as you’ve pointed out :) I think you’d like Sweet Tart. It potentially fits many skin tones :)

Sunny
August 13, 2012 at 7:06 pm

You look lovely with Sweet Tart! I picked the wrong shades of these to begin with (Peach Parfait is just TOO glittery), so I’m a little put off now. I’ve seen some fabulous shades though. If I can find them here I’d probably give it a second chance!
Sunny recently blogged…Lacking in the Lash Department? Try Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum!My Profile

August 14, 2012 at 11:14 am

Oh Sunny, you started with the worst of the lot! (In my view that is) Peach Parfait was an insanely glittery frosty mess :P Do try one of the other berry shades like Macaroon or Sweet Tart or even Berry Smoothie if you can. I think you’d look gorgeous in them :D

vivavoomz August 13, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Definitely getting Tutti Frutti if it’s available here in Singapore. Sweet Tart looks tempting too.
vivavoomz recently blogged…Qoo10 Hauls: China Glaze Nail PolishesMy Profile

August 14, 2012 at 11:17 am

Nice picks! I hope they are there too :D

Jennifer August 13, 2012 at 9:23 pm

My vote goes to Sweet Tart :) I am not a lipstick person but I think this will make me go out to get one hehehe. Hopefully Sweet Tart will brighten up my look and give me a more energetic and vibrant aura.

August 14, 2012 at 11:17 am

Ah Jennifer, these will be your best introduction to lipsticks because of the lovely balmy texture :) Do give them a go. They won’t break the bank ;)

Jan S August 13, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Thanks for the review! Looks like Sweet Tart and Tutti Frutti may be for me :)
I tried Strawberry Tart and it was a bit too pale and cool.

August 14, 2012 at 11:21 am

Oh yes by comparison, Sweet Tart is a much warmer friendlier colour compared to Strawberry Tart. Hope you get to test these out soon, Jan :)

fairytalesandcoffee August 14, 2012 at 5:19 am

Thanks so much! I was checking out Tutti Frutti in store but I see this it doesnt really have much color payoff. :)

August 14, 2012 at 11:22 am

You can layer it on for more colour but it will always be a little sheer, not an opaque orange if that’s what you’re after :)

August 14, 2012 at 10:27 am

I picked up a few of these a while back, and I haven’t even opened them yet!! OK, I have to do something about it…. thanks for the review which reminded me of these lippies. Maybe I’m getting old. It’s so hard to keep up!
Lily recently blogged…FOTD: Dior Fall 2012 Panther Eyeshadow and Lipgloss PaletteMy Profile

August 14, 2012 at 11:31 am

Haha! The curse of the beauty blogger strikes! ;) I know exactly how you feel. I pick things up as I go and then forget to open them because something else a little more interesting came up (and time is a premium!) Its not getting old – there’s just TOO MUCH out there :P