in Events,Makeup,New on shelves

I felt Lancome was a little late to the Spring party with the release of their Roseraie des Delices collection but their collection is a clear and pretty tribute to Spring – bright greens and pinks are the order of the day, with sheer pink and peach lips and a pretty blush.

lancome spring2 Spring is Sprung at Lancome with the Roseraie des Delices Spring 2012 collection

I took a gander down to the Lancome counter to take a look and at the same time, experience something new at the Lancome counters – a personalised hands on makeup step by step lesson by the Lancome makeup artists. If you want to pick up some tips on makeup, keep a lookout for these counter parties, which will be held from time to time. I’ve got some quick deets here icon smile Spring is Sprung at Lancome with the Roseraie des Delices Spring 2012 collection

The Roseraie des Delices collection is a pretty complete one, with two eyeshadow palettes (RM140) – C50 Vert Tendresse (green) and A50 Rose Romance. I originally thought the colours a bit blah (being honest here!) but when the colour was applied on the skin, I must say that I was quite blown away by the intensity of colour and the pretty delicate sparkles when you catch the light. I’ll try to bring you some better pictures of this palette in time to come.

lancome spring3 Spring is Sprung at Lancome with the Roseraie des Delices Spring 2012 collection

The La Roseraie face powder/blush (RM120) is the one you see on the far right of this picture. In its original glory, what you see is a pearly shimmery pink and white highlight. It is seriously shimmery (Karen of Makeup and Beauty Blog has a picture here) After all the top layer is removed, you get instead a 2 toned powder, peach on the bottom and a pale cream on top for highlight. On my skin, the peach part proves to be a very pretty gentle blush and I would like it except I already have a billion blushes that serve the same purpose. Also, it stops looking very pretty once the top layer’s gone.

The Le French Touch lipsticks (RM80) are pretty and delicate but what I have to tell you about is the Color Fever Gloss (RM70). The glosses are a pearly shimmery translucent shade, but what really grabbed my attention was the fact that they are scented with lavender!

lancome spring6 Spring is Sprung at Lancome with the Roseraie des Delices Spring 2012 collection

Now, we are quite familiar with brands scenting their lipglosses but it is usually rose they go for – something floral and appealing to the nose. Lavender, while very calming as a scent, is very strange in a lipgloss and for the record, tastes a little strange too icon razz Spring is Sprung at Lancome with the Roseraie des Delices Spring 2012 collection

Lancome counter parties for makeup tips from makeup artists

Lancome and their Makeup Artists are also launching an initiative whereby they will have little counter parties, where you may register to join in, and pick up some makeup tips from the artists.

lancome spring5 Spring is Sprung at Lancome with the Roseraie des Delices Spring 2012 collection

The lovely Juan wearing A50 Rose Romance on the eyes

It is quite useful, because they will do up half your face for you and you then replicate it on the other half as Juan demonstrates here hehe… She didn’t know I took this icon wink Spring is Sprung at Lancome with the Roseraie des Delices Spring 2012 collection It is also a good way for you, the consumer to ask questions of the makeup artists like how best to apply eyeliner, or how to use a certain eyeshadow palette. Rose Romance looked beautiful on Juan and I don’t think I’d have even looked at the palette if not for having seen how pretty it is on the eyes icon smile Spring is Sprung at Lancome with the Roseraie des Delices Spring 2012 collection

I opted to try the Vert Tendresse palette because greens and I are best buddies in the eye department icon biggrin Spring is Sprung at Lancome with the Roseraie des Delices Spring 2012 collection I don’t have a close up, but here’s a rough idea of how a Lancome Spring look looked on me.

lancome spring4 Spring is Sprung at Lancome with the Roseraie des Delices Spring 2012 collection

Yeah I realize you can’t see anything in detail but as I promised, I’ll bring you some close ups of Vert Tendresse soon icon smile Spring is Sprung at Lancome with the Roseraie des Delices Spring 2012 collection I did like the lip colour used on me – a peach, overlaid with a shimmery peach gloss. I plan to replicate this using my own products back home icon biggrin Spring is Sprung at Lancome with the Roseraie des Delices Spring 2012 collection

lancome spring Spring is Sprung at Lancome with the Roseraie des Delices Spring 2012 collection

And er… well, you can’t see it very clearly, but we’re both wearing each of the Lancome Roseraie des Delices spring palettes on our eyes and the La Roseraie blush on cheeks. I just included this gratuitous shot because I loved how happy we looked icon biggrin Spring is Sprung at Lancome with the Roseraie des Delices Spring 2012 collection

Lancome Roseraie des Delices is available at Lancome counters nationwide and is, like all collections, limited edition. The Lancome Makeup Artists counter party will be held from time to time at different counters so you will have to keep an eye out your local counter for news on this, or check the Lancome Malaysia Facebook page for upcoming dates. For now, the next few will be held at Metrojaya MidValley (16 Feb), Isetan KLCC (18 Feb), Parkson KLCC (19 Feb) and Sogo KL (19 Feb) so book your slot if you are keen to learn more (no purchase necessary – yay!)

Did any item in the Lancome Spring 2012 collection catch your eye? Don’t you think  the model Hanaa Ben Abdesslem  looks so gorgeous in the Roseraie des Delices promo shot? She makes me think of an Elven princess in a rose garden, or of some outworldly beautiful space alien. I have strange ideas, I know icon razz Spring is Sprung at Lancome with the Roseraie des Delices Spring 2012 collection

Lancome Roseraie des Delices Spring 2012 collection is available at all Lancome counters nationwide. The Lancome counter parties hosted by the Lancome Make Up Artists offering makeup tips and hands on demonstrations will be held at various counters by prior appointment. Please check the Lancome Malaysia Facebook page for upcoming dates or contact your local counter.

LeGeeque February 17, 2012 at 8:33 am

That’s very pretty but you’re right, they’re a little late to the party. Having said that, the green and pinks are pretty. How did the pink eyeshadow fare in comparison with Rose Porcelaine?
LeGeeque recently blogged…I’m Leaving on a Jet PlaneMy Profile

February 19, 2012 at 1:20 pm

The pink shadow is much more intense than Rose Porcelaine which is more shimmery and cooler and more ethereal. This one is straight pink on the lids which I could never wear

Lisa February 17, 2012 at 8:40 am

I’m liking the look of the three glosses.But i am on a ban and got many many lip glosses on hand. Trying to justify myself not needing these.

February 19, 2012 at 1:22 pm

haha! Well the only thing I can say about these glosses is the lavender scent which is intriguing but otherwise, they are just the usual pretty sheer, lancome glosses so I don’t think you miss out really.

February 17, 2012 at 9:12 am

I was told limited edition collections of Lancome are only at selected counters. Ipoh does not carry any LE unfortunately.

February 19, 2012 at 1:27 pm

aww that’s a pity its not available in Ipoh :(

Tracy February 17, 2012 at 9:30 am

Green looks lovely on you! I’ve been craving green lately too. I should check this out!

February 19, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Thank you Tracy :) I’m going back to my green shadow roots and loving it! :D

Issa February 17, 2012 at 9:49 am

I love the photo of the model too! And the palettes look really beautiful!

February 19, 2012 at 1:28 pm

The model looks so other worldly doesn’t she? Or maybe its the photoshop :P

Isabel February 17, 2012 at 10:07 am

I am eye-ing the vert palette! Having more or less the same colouring as you, greens suit me well too so I’m pretty excited about trying that out!

Hanaa is beautiful but I really wish they would use a lighter hand with the photo editing part. The plastic-perfect look is one that is so ubiquitous and so annoying that the moment I see one, my mind switches off and I don’t even give the “real” beauty underneath the editing a chance. Can we come back to things that are closer to reality please, Lancome?

February 19, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Do check it out in person – I found the texture and colour quite unexpected. I never expected to see shimmer in there, but on the skin it is very delicate and pretty! The colour is very intense too if you like that :) I have to agree with you about the photo editing. They made her look quite 2D which is a pity. Its happening everywhere these days!

Tine
February 17, 2012 at 10:32 am

Aww that’s pretty. Pinks and greens are always all right in my books. I like the way the poster girl had her lower lashes lined with the green :)

February 19, 2012 at 1:29 pm

That really made her eyes look so eye catching doesn’t it? I tried it and looked like I had mould growing under my eyes – not a joke :P

xin
February 17, 2012 at 11:32 am

both of you look gorgeous! i would love to find out what lavender lip gloss tastes like..hmm
xin recently blogged…Revlon Lip Butter in Macaroon – Your Thoughts?My Profile

February 19, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Put a drop of lavender oil in your lipgloss – tastes just like that :P

Hanny Daforcena
February 17, 2012 at 11:53 am

That Lancome counter seems VERY familiar. Is it the one in Metrojaya, MidValley??

You both look so pretty heh heh!!
Hanny Daforcena recently blogged…Let’s Have A Drink! Company Logo FOTD: PepsiMy Profile

February 19, 2012 at 1:35 pm

;) Its actually the one in Pavilion KL – I think they are all quite generic LOL! :D Thanks Hanny

beetrice
February 17, 2012 at 12:19 pm

looking good ladies! :D I love the way Hanaa’s eyes were lined in the promo shot with the green and hint of yellow.

February 19, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Thanks Bee and I love the promo look too (can’t imagine how much work it took though!)

Jyoan February 17, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I think the green one is eye-catching!

=P Lancome can’t be as late as M.A.C (arriving only end Feb). =( Still waiting. I think Singapore is extremely slow. I have half the feeling that I will not see Lancome at the counters this weekend.

February 19, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Honestly? I’ve lost track of MAC ever since they came out with what feels like weekly collections. Honestly. Do we need so many LE collections?? And Singapore can’t be slower than we are with releases! :D I think collections release here at about the same time so it should most definitely be at your counters already :D

Jyoan February 20, 2012 at 1:48 pm

hahaha, yes. Agree with you about the LE part. It’s just that Spring Collections are generally prettier, I feel, because they tend to have more peach/coral tones as opposed to Christmas ones with all the whites and silvers and exaggeration that I can never wear.

gio February 17, 2012 at 2:54 pm

You look very pretty! I love the look of the green palette and the lavender scent in the glosses intrigues me..
gio recently blogged…QOTW: Do You Use Body Foundation?My Profile

February 19, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Thank you Gio – lavender in lipgloss is weird. Trust me on this one!

Helen
February 17, 2012 at 3:20 pm

The Color Fever Glosses are to die for :) such beautiful colors! I want the baby pink and the peach one. Do they have lipsticks that goes with the glosses?

February 19, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Yes they do! The Le Touch lipsticks in a pretty silver case with a mint green stripe down it. They pair off very well!

peach_ February 17, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Doesn’t matter you can’t see the details; these photos are so cute! You both look lovely. :)

February 19, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Thank you Peach :D We had lots of fun as you can tell

Juan
February 18, 2012 at 5:22 am

Thank you, thank you! :)

I think the pen concealer on the eyes made the colour stand out. Must get it ;P

February 19, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Oh yes! I was eyeing that too – maybe try that since my Dior Skinflash is gone and I haven’t replaced :P

Jamilla February 18, 2012 at 9:28 am

This looks gorgeous on you, but it’s a bit too pastel-ly for me!

February 19, 2012 at 1:52 pm

The eye palettes are quite intense actually, but in general yes, they do channel a pastel vibe

lyn
February 18, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Awww, you both look sho kiut together :-) I checked out the collection yesterday and whilst it’s very pretty, nothing in particular grabbed my attention. I’m just bummed they don’t have the nail polishes available.
lyn recently blogged…A Little Movement and HousekeepingMy Profile

February 19, 2012 at 1:54 pm

The nail polishes weren’t sold anywhere eventually. I thought the polish looked reminiscent of Dior Waterlily. I’m told they don’t bring in the polishes because they just can’t compete with the likes of OPI. That’s what happens when people go for mainstream I guess.