“Green” as in Fresh, Grass, Mojito and Lancome Vert Tendresse Eyeshadow Palette

in Eyeshadow,FOTD,Makeup,Palettes,Product Reviews

I learnt something very interesting last week. Lancome’s new Roseraie des Delices collection for Spring 2012 has 3 different palettes available worldwide bearing the same name – Vert Tendresse. Can I just say I’m gobsmacked? The question it now begs is – which palette was the model wearing in the promotional shot, because all the promos use the same model and look!

lancome vert tendresse asia Green as in Fresh, Grass, Mojito and Lancome Vert Tendresse Eyeshadow Palette

This is the Lancome Les Yeux Doux C60 Vert Tendresse eyeshadow palette available here in Malaysia and quite possibly in Asia. It is a 4 pan palette of gradational green shades. Karen MBB has the USA version which has 5 shades and Haru has the European version which is also a 4 pan palette, but with a blue shade in there.

And get this. They are ALL called Vert Tendresse! I don’t know why they do this to us. But this is my review on the Vert Tendresse palette found here in Malaysia. I love green shadow so it’ll be interesting to see how these fare icon wink Green as in Fresh, Grass, Mojito and Lancome Vert Tendresse Eyeshadow Palette

I will admit that the first time I saw this palette, I had a blah moment. Really, it looks so light and sheer and whilst I may love my light and sheer eyeshadow palettes, I just wasn’t drawn to this one. However, during the makeup session I requested that this palette be used on me so I could see how it looked on the skin. Before I show you that, let me show you how it swatches.

lancome vert tendresse asia4 Green as in Fresh, Grass, Mojito and Lancome Vert Tendresse Eyeshadow Palette

Can you say blah!? Honestly, every swipe with my finger produces nothing on my hand. I was ready to be disappointed even though I was pleasantly surprised at the shimmer in there. You don’t quite notice the shimmer in the pan, but when you swipe it on your skin, it shows up with shimmer in every colour which is love or hate as you will icon smile Green as in Fresh, Grass, Mojito and Lancome Vert Tendresse Eyeshadow Palette I love it icon biggrin Green as in Fresh, Grass, Mojito and Lancome Vert Tendresse Eyeshadow Palette

The most pigmented colour is that teal/turquoise green. Its probably the most pigmented shade of the 4 and is a very gorgeous main eye colour that brightens up your eyes very prettily.

lancome vert tendresse asia3 Green as in Fresh, Grass, Mojito and Lancome Vert Tendresse Eyeshadow Palette

And here it is applied on the eyes – I use a brush and it picks up the colour and deposits it very well on the skin. In fact, you could just as easily use your fingers to apply the colours in this palette, because although it doesn’t sit well on the back of my hand, it sits well on my eye lids. Also, if you use a primer (or just pat some concealer around your eye) it helps the colour stand out better too.

I did like how it looks on the eyes and so I’d consider this Vert Tendresse palette a bit of a sleeper hit. You really have to try it on your eyes to see how it looks, and not the back of your hand. Quite fitting, because we don’t apply eyeshadows on the back of our hands do we? icon wink Green as in Fresh, Grass, Mojito and Lancome Vert Tendresse Eyeshadow Palette

The dark green shade makes a fair crease colour if you layer it on although if you’d prefer something deeper, then you will have to dig out a black from your own stash. In the alternative, use a black liner to deepen the colour more. The light green is surprisingly pretty on the eyes. You can use just the light green and the darkest green for an unexpected light green look with gold shimmer. Its very pretty and fresh looking. The teal/turquoise makes things more interesting. The lightest highlight shade is also a nice shade for pulling together all the colour and blending them in nicely. As I have pointed out, there’s shimmer in this palette – fine shimmer but in Japanese makeup style, shimmer nonetheless. It makes me happy though icon smile Green as in Fresh, Grass, Mojito and Lancome Vert Tendresse Eyeshadow Palette

lancome vert tendresse asia2 Green as in Fresh, Grass, Mojito and Lancome Vert Tendresse Eyeshadow Palette

In a nutshell

An unexpectedly pretty green palette in the Lancome Spring 2012 collection. This version of C50 Vert Tendresse is the one available here in Asia. There are apparently different versions of the same palette, bearing the same name, in Europe and the USA. Its mind boggling. The shadows are sheer and soft with shimmer. It is very reminiscent of Japanese style shadows which may not suit everyone. Used on the eye lid, I find its more pigmented than when trying to swatch on the back of your hand. Its a pretty, fresh spring palette and I like it – but only because I like green eyeshadow and Japanese style makeup icon smile Green as in Fresh, Grass, Mojito and Lancome Vert Tendresse Eyeshadow Palette

Pros: Lovely soft spring colours, Fine shimmer, Colours look pigmented enough on the eye area and blend very easily

Cons: A slightly deeper shade of dark green may be better, Different palette colour combinations in different parts of the world bearing the same name, Shimmer and texture may not suit everyone, Limited Edition

Here’s a look I wore with this palette – I really like greens for the eyes and I think it suits many Asian skintones very well and brings out the colour of brown eyes icon smile Green as in Fresh, Grass, Mojito and Lancome Vert Tendresse Eyeshadow Palette

vt fotd Green as in Fresh, Grass, Mojito and Lancome Vert Tendresse Eyeshadow Palette

Also featuring: Lancome Blush Subtil Rose in 20 Rose Corail, Lancome L’Absolu Creme de Brilliance on lips

Have you taken a look at the Lancome Vert Tendresse palette yet? Or have you checked out the Lancome Roseraie collection to see if anything catches your eye? Do you like green for your eyes too? I love it and I have another green palette knocking around somewhere that I’d like to share with you – its permanent so that’s a relief! icon wink Green as in Fresh, Grass, Mojito and Lancome Vert Tendresse Eyeshadow Palette

Lancome Les Yeux Doux C60 Vert Tendresse eyeshadow palette Price: RM140 Availability: Lancome counters that have the Spring 2012 collection  Limited Edition: Yes

Disclosure: Featured product is a press sample. For posting guidelines please read my disclaimer.

Hanny Daforcena February 27, 2012 at 8:54 am

The green palette is very sweet and youthful, and I like it that you’ve paired a darker lippie with the eyeshadow – makes you look very elegant and sophisticated.

Paris B February 27, 2012 at 10:16 am

Thanks Hanny :) I needed to ground the eyeshadow – it was so flighty and breezy fresh – green shadow your thing? Or is it purple? :)

Hanny Daforcena February 27, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Both heehee~ ^.^ I like gold too.

Paris B February 27, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Oh yeah I like silver and gold :) only browns and purples don’t work for me

LeGeeque February 27, 2012 at 8:55 am

OK, I’m going to stop buying green shadows and I think I can dupe that with an old RMK palette I have. Having said that, the plum top you’re wearing is pretty! :)

Paris B February 27, 2012 at 10:17 am

I’m quite sure its dupeable :D All colours are to an extent but if someone didn’t have a green palette already this would be a fun fresh buy ;) I rediscovered my plum top recently – its an ironic sleeveless woolen knit with a cowl neck – can’t decide if its for warm or cool weather LOL!

Applegal February 27, 2012 at 9:45 am

Like how the lipstick looks on you! Matches well with the eyeshadow! :)

Paris B February 27, 2012 at 10:20 am

Jan S February 27, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I love green palettes too!! still, this looks like something I really need….quite unique shades. It looks fantastic on you. What color and brand of lippie are you using?

Paris B March 1, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Hi Jan its the Lancome Absolu Brilliance liquid lipstick – I’ve got the exact colour name and link in the post ;) Green shadows are so gorgeous aren’t they?

xin February 27, 2012 at 1:31 pm

i think green looks really good on u :D the green eye monster….

Paris B March 1, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Haha don’t la be a green eyed monster -_-

Jess Jess February 27, 2012 at 1:35 pm

The U.S. version of the Lancome Vert Tendresse is different. It is a 5-color palette with more a pastel feel. The colors look very similar. The Malaysia version looks just as beautiful as the U.S. one. Very nice spring green eye look and the blush looks great on you.

Paris B March 1, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Hi Jess Jess :) Yes I did notice that the USA version is totally different. Karen of MakeupandBeautyblog has a review of it and I do quite like those palettes too. The blush went well with it right? :D

Jyoan February 27, 2012 at 7:03 pm

I like the colours at first sight!

I am a fan of green eyeshadows too. Green looks really good for my skin tone. Teal is one of my favourite shade of green, other than mint, apple green, and lime green. haha.

I am just wondering how you always can keep your eyeshadow low (not up to the brow), so sheer, but still make it look good! I notice this in all your eyeshadow photos. I can’t do it. =( I always feel that if I don’t pull the eyeshadow higher up, and highlight the brow bone, it just doesn’t looks good. Any tips for this?

Paris B March 1, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Yay for loving green shadow, Jyoan :D I think the shadow application maybe due to the shape of my eyes? I have quite elongated eyes as you may have noticed and there is a wide space between my lid to my brow. If I take it all the way up, I think it’d look too much so a lot will depend on your eye shape and how it will look best for you. What works for me may not work for you :) But I will try to show a quick post in the future on how I do my eyeshadow (very very simple because I’m uncomplicated like that) ;)

milktea February 27, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Nice! :) Did you use all 4 colors on your eyes?

Paris B March 1, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Yes I did! :)

lavender February 27, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Really nice palette, suits u very well. Is green a cool colour? Why didn’t purple work for u, I thought blue and purple are cool colors?

Paris B March 1, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Thank you Lavender :) I have a very neutral skintone so although I wouldn’t call green a cool colour, it still works for me. In fact, for the most part, I think green is a warm toned shade but it still works somehow. However, I can’t wear purples because of the red tones that jar with my complexion and make me look tired. Lilacs and purples with more blue tones usually work better for me :)

Helen Nguyen February 27, 2012 at 9:21 pm

I love that bright turquoise color on the palette, it looks so fresh!! Really reminds me of turquoise sea water and white sand beach!! Too bad they only release it in Asia. Mind boggling indeed o_O

Paris B March 1, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Aww I love your description! It really is a beautiful shade isn’t it? I wish they could be more standardized worldwide because it can get really confusing!

Lily February 27, 2012 at 9:40 pm

The colours look really fresh on you! However, this palette didn’t wow me. Rather, Lancome’s eye quads here just don’t do it for me. I recently re-discovered Estee Lauder’s eye palettes. They are good in many ways!

Paris B March 1, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Thanks Lily :) Vice versa for me – EL eye palettes don’t pull me in but I think its more because I tend to go for sheerer more shimmery eye colours and textures – relic of my Japanese eyeshadow days ;)

Cas February 28, 2012 at 1:24 pm

The color looks vibrant on you! But I dont think I can get away with green eyeshadows though – tough on someone with tanned skin. But there’s just something luxurious about the texture of the eyeshadow, i can’t touch it but I can tell it’s looks pigmented and blends like a charm!

Paris B March 1, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I’ve seen many girls with tanned skin that look fabulous with green shadow! But I would suggest that you try an emerald green or olive green not something as bright and sheer as this one :D