Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion : Just Pat it on!

in Cheap and Good?,Moisturiser,Product Reviews,Toner/Lotion

hada labo lotion Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion : Just Pat it on!

Before 2009 ended, I decided to see what all the buzz was about Hada Labo and the buzz is really centered around the Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Moisturizing Lotion - one of the top sellers in Japan. While in Japan, I saw Hada Labo sold almost everywhere from convenience shops to pharmacies and I saw quite a few girls buying it too. Definitely a popular brand.

In Asian cosmetics, “Lotion” is a moisturizing toner used after cleansing but before moisturizer. It conforms to the concept of “double moisturizing” to help preserve and add moisture in your skin after cleansing.

Now what really sold me is watching the tv ad which I showed you before and which I will append again below because I think it is adorable! Will my skin really feel so bouncy and moisturized after using this lotion? My answer is yes.

I’ve been using the Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Moisturizing Lotion for about a month now, day and night. It takes a hell of a long time to get it fully absorbed though, so its not something to use if you’re in a hurry for work in the morning. You’ll know what I mean when you see how I use it below.

Here’s how I use the Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Moisturizing Lotion:-

• Pour 2 drops from the bottle. Don’t squeeze just let 2 drops fall into the palm of your hand. Any more and it’ll be too much for me.
  • Rub my hands together and spread the lotion all over my face. It will feel watery and slippery at this point.
  • Using the palms of my hands, lightly pat my skin starting with the cheeks, then forehead and chin and lastly cupping the nose. Repeat. You will feel the slippery lotion start to feel tacky and sticky.
  • Keep patting….
  • … and patting …
  • … and patting…
  • … and almost by magic, the lotion will stop feeling sticky and start feeling dry and smooth. My skin feels soft at this point and the lotion will be fully absorbed.
  • Follow up with moisturizer.

hada labo lotion2 Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion : Just Pat it on!

The key ingredient is super hyaluronic acid which I’m told holds in more moisture than regular hyaluronic acid. To answer some questions asked previously, Hada Labo is a brand from Japan by the Rohto Mentholatum Group but the product itself is made in China. Because we’re talking a huge company like Rohto-Mentholatum, I’m not too fussed about where it is made because the world is now truly global. It could be made in Timbuktoo and I’d still buy it because its backed by a global brand and because it works. Come to think of it, I’d likely buy anything made in Timbuktoo just to say I have haha! icon biggrin Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion : Just Pat it on!

After 1 month of daily patting I like how this inexpensive lotion feels on my skin. My skin feels nice and moisturized even without applying moisturizer (though I don’t recommend it) and I like how there is no scent. Almost as good as if I were using one of my more expensive lotions so I’d say this wallet-friendly lotion is a keeper for me. Helps keep the “toing toing” feeling going icon biggrin Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion : Just Pat it on! For those who are concerned, there is no mineral oil, parabens, colorants, fragrance or alcohol added.

The Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion retails for RM40.90 for 170ml at Guardian pharmacies. I’m aware its a little rare on the ground so keep your eyes peeled and try a bigger Guardian pharmacy icon smile Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion : Just Pat it on! You use so little one bottle can last you ages and ages. Coincidentally, Connie posted her review on this same product this week and hurray, she likes it too so I’m not alone on this! icon biggrin Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion : Just Pat it on!

Pros: Inexpensive, Keeps skin feeling soft and smooth and moisturized

Cons: Takes a while to be absorbed

I’m now curious about their other products in the Hada Labo line. I’ll share if I try any of the others. My facial wash is on its last legs actually. Maybe I can try that one icon razz Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion : Just Pat it on! And here’s the video I promised you.

Have you tried this Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion? How about other products from Hada Labo?

Jenn January 14, 2010 at 9:09 am

Thanks for the review!! Another rave for this product!! Argh i wanna fast fast finish my current serum so that i can try this one out!!! >.<

ParisB January 14, 2010 at 10:35 am

Hi Jenn

Hope you like it when you do try it out! :D

vanilla February 23, 2010 at 2:11 am

if u read the ingredients carefully, it has methylparaben….

ParisB February 23, 2010 at 10:05 am

Thanks for the heads up. I’m not overly fussed about parabens myself. My thoughts on parabens are here.

plue January 14, 2010 at 9:22 am

you and connie makes me wanna run out and buy this. My Laneige is finishing, so I reckon this is a good time.

Have you tried the whitening one? I tried to look for tester but either it’s empty or there wasn’t any :(

ParisB January 14, 2010 at 10:36 am

Hiya Plue

I haven’t tried the whitening one but I don’t usually like whitening toners. I prefer to use serums or moisturizers in that line :)

plue January 15, 2010 at 9:12 am

Ooo I see, I just caved in and bought the whitening one, very liquid-y, not sure if the original is as liquid… cuz it merely took slightly lesser than a minute to get absorbed by skin leaving it velvety smooth. No tacky/stickiness.

am buying the original serum once my EH runs out! :D

ParisB January 15, 2010 at 1:17 pm

Hey Plue

Will wait for your thoughts on the whitening lotion. The one I use is very liquid. Its like water!

Monstro January 14, 2010 at 9:26 am

Wow, that’s really affordable. I’ve seen one from Skinceuticals online that costs a bomb. Must try! Thanks for the review!

ParisB January 14, 2010 at 10:37 am

Hi Monstro

Well at least if it doesn’t work, it won’t break your bank ;)

Tine January 14, 2010 at 9:27 am

During my trip back to M’sia, I bought the moisturising milk. Thought I already have too much lotion to bring back, so I thought the milk might be something good to try. Haven’t tried it yet though, since my current moisturiser still have not depleted :P

ParisB January 14, 2010 at 10:37 am

Hey Tine

Oho! I shall wait for what you think about the moisturizing milk :D

prettybeautiful January 14, 2010 at 9:40 am

hey parisb, u know what? damn im convinced!!! argh!!!!

ParisB January 14, 2010 at 10:37 am

Hiya prettybeautiful

LOL! Save remember?! :D

Reese January 14, 2010 at 9:44 am

After reading Connie’s review, I have been wanting to buy it, in fact been wanting to get one ever since I saw it on a pharmacy’s shelf but made mental note to check out your review first. Ok, if I am anywhere near the any larger pharmacy, I will definitely get a bottle!

ParisB January 14, 2010 at 10:38 am

Hi Reese

I hope it will work for you as well as it did for Connie and me :D It does take a bit of work but I like the results.

beetrice January 14, 2010 at 10:11 am

been keeping an eye out for it, but alas, no luck yet….dammit! i’m intrigued by the “toing toing” prospect…heehee… :D

ParisB January 14, 2010 at 10:38 am

Hey Beetrice

Have you tried standing counters? I think some Guardians have them on standalone counters.

Connie January 14, 2010 at 10:45 am

I hum when I do the “toing toing”… feels like I’m doing the red indian (PC: Native Americans) sounds as a kid :p

ParisB January 14, 2010 at 1:42 pm

LOL! I’m going to try that Connie!

Jean January 14, 2010 at 11:38 am

i will get this for sure!!!! Just that I always cannot find it when I got money in pocket..lol

ParisB January 14, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Hi Jean

Its a bit of a bummer isn’t it when that happens? Hope you find it soon :)

Celine January 14, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Got myself a bottle! Yay! The first time I use I realized I pour too much. It ended up sticky on my face the whole day! Gosh! I should use 2 drops in the future :)

ParisB January 14, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Yay Celine! I do realize that too much can make the face feel sticky. Thus far, 2 drops is just right :)

zhenling January 14, 2010 at 12:41 pm

hyaluronic acid serums all end up breaking me out. do you think it is just the formulations or am i just not suitable for hyaluronic acid? =[

ParisB January 14, 2010 at 1:43 pm

Hi Zhenling

It might be that you are allergic to hyaluronic acid or that it does not suit your skin. It happens.

babysaffron January 14, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Hi….I’m acne prone and not sure if i can use the Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Moisturizing Lotion. I also have very dry skin…
Thanks.

ParisB January 15, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Hi Babysaffron

Honestly, I’ll have no idea if it’ll work for you. The only way is to try it and if you suffer irritation, stop.

Jyoan January 14, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Wow, thanks for the review! I have been wanting to try out hyaluronic acid skincare for some time now. But I have no idea which is the best. There are just too many hyaluronic stuff out there, especially from taiwan, so I don’t dare to buy. I love jap brands, and I think this one looks really reliable. Will keep a lookout for it!.

ParisB January 15, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Hi Jyoan

I’d say its reliable only because its by Rohto Mentholatum which is big enough by itself :) I haven’t tried many hyaluronic acid products either. This is one of my first.

Hasegawa Ayane January 14, 2010 at 5:15 pm

I bought the Arbutin Whitening Essence to try. I really liked how it absorbed easily and didn’t have a fragrance. I will probably try this out and the cleanser once my current one runs out. Thanks for your review :)

ParisB January 15, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Hiya Hasegawa

Oh I haven’t tried that one but I’m curious hehe… Thanks for sharing

Synaesthesia January 14, 2010 at 5:18 pm

been to many Guardians but never seen one… Saw something similar but not HADA LABO… weird…

ParisB January 15, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Hi Synaesthesia

Its really quite hard to find even in KL – keep looking!

Yani January 14, 2010 at 5:46 pm

I was sold at “toing”, “toing”! Will be looking out for it!!

ParisB January 15, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Hey Yani

Ya! It was surprising – your skin actually feels like that girls’ in the video!

Cece January 14, 2010 at 7:07 pm

Is facial stuff with paraben (methyl, ethyl etc) harmful to the skin? I heard they’re not good but some brands have them and people still buy?

ParisB January 15, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Hi Cece

The opinions are divided. I shared some thoughts before in a previous post. I’m not about to chuck up every product that contains parabens for now but it pays to be aware.

Jessica January 14, 2010 at 7:53 pm

wow…toing toing huh? I’m sold PB!

ParisB January 15, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Haha… I hope you like it Jessica!

fiona January 14, 2010 at 8:16 pm

omg! the commercial looks amazing!

do you know if it’s available in singapore as well?? or i’ll have to make a trip across the causeway for this!

ParisB January 15, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Hi Fiona

I’m told it should be available in Singapore but I’m not sure if its already out there. Do give us a shout out if it is :)

Jessica C January 15, 2010 at 10:50 am

Was glad I bought this, although I was tempted to get their AHA/BHA cleanser as well, for facial skin as smooth & poreless as an egg. Tempting no? But no reviews on tht yet, so I’d pass on it.
I’m using this now. It’s really good. One of my faves. It seems to be keeping my skin moisturized & my skin’s less oily = less breakouts! A major yay!

Your 2 drops do seem a lot more than 2.. Haha, I usually use 3 & I just rub it in all over. It absorbs fast for me :)

ParisB January 15, 2010 at 1:18 pm

Hiya Jessica C

Glad to hear about its oil control properties. Since I’m not oily skinned I couldn’t test that bit :)

jolie January 15, 2010 at 12:27 pm

do you know which particular guardian carries this? tried locating but couldn’t get ahold..

ParisB January 15, 2010 at 1:21 pm

Hi Jolie

I’ve seen this at MidValley and KLCC and the one at Bangsar too. Its sometimes in a small standalone counter or on the shelves.

Adrianna January 15, 2010 at 12:38 pm

This is very tempting! Been sitting on the fence on whether to buy or not ever since Guardian started selling this, but I’ve jars of moisturiser unopened yet.

ParisB January 15, 2010 at 1:21 pm

Hiya Adrianna

Well if you dont’ already have a toner, then this could fit right in since its not a moisturizer! ;)

Corrine January 15, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Hi Paris,
You should try the cleanser too…fragrance free and great product of Hada Labo..

BTW, momus taiwan having similar lotion too..have a look at their product..worth to try and its cheap!!
momus.com.tw

ParisB January 16, 2010 at 9:27 am

I’ll do that once my present cleanser runs out. Haven’t heard of Momus before though.

lntan January 16, 2010 at 9:00 pm

Hi Paris, Thank you for this review! Would you say this is a good alternative to + H20′s face Oasis hydrating Treatment as this is more affordable? :) r they somewhat similar?

ParisB January 17, 2010 at 2:25 pm

Hi Intan, I’d say that this is a compliment to the H20+ Face Oasis, not an alternative. The lotion goes on before moisturizer and you do still need moisturizer :)

Junkie January 18, 2010 at 9:54 pm

Hey!
Do you think this will work as well on combination skin? I have a kinda oily (not extreme) nose with some blackheads, although the rest of my face is pretty normal. While I’m so wanting to buy this lotion in hope that my plumped skin will conceal my pores, I’m also afraid that it’ll make my nose even more oily! What do you think? :) Thanks for the great review!

ParisB January 19, 2010 at 11:42 am

I have combination skin and it works well for me. I don’t experience any oiliness because it does not add oil to the skin just help keep it moisturized. HTH!