Creating Sexy Curls the Easy Way

in Hair,Tips

This is a Guest Post by the gorgeous Nikki of Askmewhats

PB says: I don’t write enough about hair because I have shortish hair and I keep it that way because I’m unimaginative and a klutz and lazy. But if you have long hair, Nikki has a great tip for easy sexy curls and I can imagine someone with medium length hair might give this one a whirl too! I know might some day! Enjoy!

(Nikki Says: Different hair types and textures react differently, I suggest to give this a test drive first before and understand how your hair reacts before doing this before a big event/party)

I have been creating my own waves/curls for special occasions and I never use a curling iron or rollers. What do I use? My lovely fingers and clips and of course, practice and patience! Here’s how:

hair Creating Sexy Curls the Easy Way

Steps for creasing easy sexy curls

Step 1: Use any curling booster that works for you. (especially for hair who’s got it’s own mind)

Step 2: Apply curling booster all over your hair making sure all areas are covered

Step 3: Grab a section of your hair and wrap it around your fingers. (2 fingers, 3 fingers, depending how big the curls you want to create)

Step 4: Remove your finger from the “rolled” hair holding it tight

hair2 Creating Sexy Curls the Easy Way

Step 5: Clip it with a big clip or bobby pins (anything you have at home). I find using the clip on photo easier (can purchase them at any Watson’s Store)

Step 6: For clearer view, I did the same steps at the back, pull the sectioned hair upwards

Step 7: Roll it with both hands creating a “hair roll”. Clip it!

Step 8: Here’s how it looks like back view. Note: You don’t have to make the sectioning perfect! See how messy it looks? The messier the better as the curls will look more natural!

hair3 Creating Sexy Curls the Easy Way

Step 9: Blow dry it with heat to activate the “curls” especially if you’re in a hurry.

Step 10: Remove the clips carefully making sure not to “pull” the hair. Style as desired! Smile and enjoy your sexy waves!

hair4 Creating Sexy Curls the Easy Way

Tips —

• No time to do this in the morning? You can do this night time before you go to sleep (I suggest you use bobby pins as it’s more painless). Wake up with lovely curls!
  • For rebonded hair, you definitely need curling product and the help of a blowdryer.
  • You can spritz on setting spray to hold the curls. (only if needed)
  • Enjoy the experience! Do not sweat on it if hair kepts falling all over, messy wavy curls are sexy!

Monstro August 25, 2008 at 12:56 pm

Hi Nikki, great post!
What brands of curling booster are there? Which do you recommend?

Nikki August 25, 2008 at 1:23 pm

Hi Monstro :) Thanks for the query, I’ve used Citre Shine Curling Booster and it is good, it doesn’t weigh down my hair. Alberto V05 curl booster Spray is also nice for “finishing touch”. Tigi Bedhead Catwalk Curls Rock Booster works really well, but it’s pricier compared to the 2 that I mentioned :)

fashionasia August 25, 2008 at 1:44 pm

isnt it hard to sleep with those hard clips……could be pokey.
I use the sponge curlers….or the old fashion grandma curlers. But i find sponge curlers more comfy to sleep with.

here’s how i did mine

Nikki August 25, 2008 at 1:50 pm

Hi Fashionasia, thanks for your comments. Yes, those clips that I’ve used on photos are quite painful to sleep it, that’s why I suggest it’s better to use bobby pins, and even better if you have those sponge curlers (even better). Thanks for sharing your link. :)

Cinthia August 25, 2008 at 2:32 pm

Great job twin!!! so proud of you!!!

prettybeautiful August 25, 2008 at 5:35 pm

great tip nikki :D u are really creative

nkp August 25, 2008 at 7:32 pm

this is soo prettyy.. i saw a vid on youtube with this similar concept. but instead of using clips to hold them in place, she twirled the hair around her fingers and then clamped it betwwen a hair straightener. :| now i tried doing that but i almost burnt my fingers… guess im gonna need to get cheap gardening gloves.

miemiemie August 26, 2008 at 1:15 am

woohoo! way to go ate nikki!:)

rinnah
August 26, 2008 at 11:30 pm

This looks really easy and pretty too! I can’t wait for the next dinner I have to attend to try it out. ;)

Tine
August 27, 2008 at 8:18 am

Hey great one, Nikki! Great way of creating waves without all the chemicals ;)