in Blush,FOTD,Product Reviews

dior cheriebow blush3 Whether feeling (Pink) Happiness or Tender (Coral) you can find a Diorblush to suit your mood

Previously when I showed you the Dior Cherie Bow Spring 2013 collection, I told you that the stars of the collection to me, were the 2 limited edition Cherie Bow Edition Diorblushes. I stand by that statement wholeheartedly! icon biggrin Whether feeling (Pink) Happiness or Tender (Coral) you can find a Diorblush to suit your mood

On a side note, I realise we’ve been talking about blushes quite a bit in recent times. Can’t help talking about my first makeup love icon biggrin Whether feeling (Pink) Happiness or Tender (Coral) you can find a Diorblush to suit your mood I just have a thing for them. Which explains why I had to have both of the Cherie Bow ones, the moment I laid eyes on them at the counter.

There were 2 blushes released in the Cherie Bow collection – 729 Pink Happiness and 659 Tender Coral. As the whole collection was quite pink overall, I was pleased to see the inclusion of a coral toned blush. It warmed up the collection.

I am a huge fan of the Diorblush, ever since I picked up one in Plaza Pink a few years ago. I like how there are 2 sides to the blush. One side being a matte, deeper shade and the other side, a slightly more shimmery lighter shade. Wear just one side if you like or as I do, blend them both for a glowy look on cheeks. Part of the reason I like the Diorblush I realised, is because they aren’t strong and pigmented, like Nars blushes. They are instead, soft and sheer and impart a soft glow to cheeks, not colour and I love that. Of the 2 here, I have a preference for one over the other so, lets see which catches my eye better icon wink Whether feeling (Pink) Happiness or Tender (Coral) you can find a Diorblush to suit your mood

As the names imply, 729 Pink Happiness is a pink blush.

dior cheriebow pink happiness Whether feeling (Pink) Happiness or Tender (Coral) you can find a Diorblush to suit your mood

In pan, Pink Happiness looks like a deep rosy pink on the matte side, and a light shimmery pink on the highlight side. I however found that despite looking quite pigmented in pan, it was, in actual fact, very sheer and light on skin. Unlikes previous versions, I found the texture hard to touch, which surprised me somewhat.

When I use a brush, I do have to lightly brush the surface of the blush a couple of times to get the colour on the brush and then on my cheeks. I use the Lunasol Cheek Brush which although soft, manages to grab the colours quite well off the blush and deposit it on cheeks. The colour when deposited on skin, is a lovely soft pink. The shimmer isn’t overwhelming and the colour isn’t very bright. It in fact, gives you a lovely glow.

However, if this is your first Diorblush, I will warn you that you may feel a bit disappointed. As I have said, I found that the texture wasn’t quite the same as the regular Diorblush. This is harder and sheerer which doesn’t bother me one bit, but may bother some. It is my belief that this is why some people who have tried Pink Happiness aren’t as impressed with it as I am. Comes down to the texture.

dior cherie bow blush2 Whether feeling (Pink) Happiness or Tender (Coral) you can find a Diorblush to suit your mood

Swatches (1) Pink Happiness 729 (2) Tender Coral 659

You may probably notice that it looks very light in the swatch and I will have to tell you that it takes at least 3 layers for it to show up pigmented enough on my hand to take a picture. On cheeks, I don’t go for that sort of intensity so it takes maybe 2 layers for a pretty glow.

Tender Coral 659 on the other hand, has a different texture.

dior cheriebow tender Coral Whether feeling (Pink) Happiness or Tender (Coral) you can find a Diorblush to suit your mood

In pan, Tender Coral is a matte coral pink on one side and a shimmery coral pink on the other. It is significantly warmer in tone than Pink Happiness and adds a lovely warmth to the skin. I found that texture wise, Tender Coral is markedly softer and more pigmented than Pink Happiness. This is closer to what the regular Diorblush texture is like and it takes less for the colour to show up on skin.

In fact, when I use Tender Coral, I am careful to dab my brush on the surface and then tap off excess colour before applying to cheeks. With Pink Happiness, I don’t do that or I’d lose the colour. When swatching, one layer shows up the colour well enough. So, I’d say that this one may please more people in terms of pigment and colour selection because it quite easily suits most skintones.

I had a request in the Dior Cherie Bow overview post, to compare the blushes with one of my favourites, the Dior Rosy Glow blush in Petal from Spring 2012 (and which is now permanently available at counters). I found another blush I thought was similar in tone as well in Pink in Love.

dior cheriebow blush4 Whether feeling (Pink) Happiness or Tender (Coral) you can find a Diorblush to suit your mood

Clockwise from Left: Pink Happiness, Healthy Glow Petal, Pink in Love, Tender Coral

On hindsight, perhaps it isn’t all that similar after all icon biggrin Whether feeling (Pink) Happiness or Tender (Coral) you can find a Diorblush to suit your mood

Visually, Pink Happiness is a warm pink while Healthy Glow Petal is markedly cool toned in the pan. However, the Healthy Glow Petal blush has an ability to morph its colour to suit different skin tones (to a degree) so its colour in pan is perhaps not as indicative of its color as it should be.

I thought off hand that Pink in Love might be similar to Tender Coral but it would appear that the former has more red tones in it while Tender Coral has more peachy tones.

The swatches bear out this difference as well.

dior cheriebow blush Whether feeling (Pink) Happiness or Tender (Coral) you can find a Diorblush to suit your mood

Swatches (1) Healthy Glow Petal (2) Pink Happiness (3) Tender Coral (4) Pink in Love

If you already have Petal, I can safely tell you that you can easily justify the purchase of either Pink Happiness or Tender Coral because the tones are different. However, Petal is a much more pigmented colour on skin and the intensity deepens a little for me as the day wears on. With Pink Happiness, I find just a hint of colour on skin. So which you choose will depend on the sort of colors and textures you go for. Can’t help you there, sorry, cos I have them all and am happy to! icon wink Whether feeling (Pink) Happiness or Tender (Coral) you can find a Diorblush to suit your mood

Just quickly, here’s how the 2 Cherie Bow blushes look on me starting with Pink Happiness.

dior pinkhappiness Whether feeling (Pink) Happiness or Tender (Coral) you can find a Diorblush to suit your mood

Dior Pink Happiness on cheeks | Eyes: Dior Pink Ballerina (Cherie Bow) | Lips: Shiseido Shimmering Rouge RD406

A note about the Dior Pink Ballerina palette, if I may. It isn’t one of my favourite palettes but I have to say that it is imminently a very wearable palette for an everyday look if you ensure that you define your eyes by lining it. Its not a palette I’d tell you to run out and buy, but if you do like these sorts of glowy sheer shades, do take a look because its lovely for that.

dior tendercoral Whether feeling (Pink) Happiness or Tender (Coral) you can find a Diorblush to suit your mood

Dior Tender Coral on cheeks | Eyes: Guerlain Ecrin 6 palette in Rue de Passy | Lips: Dior Addict Cherie Bow Espegiele

You may be able to see how the 2 blush shades differ in these 2 photos. Pink Happiness gives a soft pink glow to the cheeks and lifts the complexion. Tender Coral adds a warmer glow to the skin and importantly for me, does not pull orange. Sometimes, coral blushes do that on my skin – turn orange and I look too tanned or sunburnt. Tender Coral is just right – a tender flush of warm coral pink tones on skin!

In a nutshell

The Cherie Bow Collection Diorblush in Pink Happiness and Tender Coral are limited edition blushes and are embossed with a houndstooth pattern. The quality of the blushes are for me, up to the mark but they do tend towards being more sheer and glowy as opposed to strongly pigmented. So whether you’d like these will depend on whether you like sheerer blushes or more strong coloured ones. The texture is lovely and fine and deposits well on skin. I do find that Pink Happiness feels harder than Tender Coral and thus is lighter on skin but I can work with it so I have no complaints about either at all.

Pros: Lovely soft glowy colours, Sheer and buildable colours make it easy for anyone to use, Gives a soft flush of colour on cheeks

Cons: Pink Happiness has a harder texture to the touch which may not sit well with some people

Who will like this: Anyone who prefers a sheerer lighter blush, Anyone who is looking for a soft coral toned blush

Have you checked out either of the Cherie Bow Collection Diorblush? Which shade do you prefer?

As I’ve said, the blushes aren’t made the highlight of the Cherie Bow collection but I feel they should be because they are the products that wowed me the most. The quality was what I’d expected from Dior unlike the rest of the items which I felt let me down somewhat. My personal preference in this case lies with Tender Coral because it is so easy to pick up the colour and deposit a lovely flush on cheeks. That said, Pink Happiness makes me look youthful and perky so erm… I can’t choose…. and that’s why I have both LOL! icon biggrin Whether feeling (Pink) Happiness or Tender (Coral) you can find a Diorblush to suit your mood

Diorblush Cherie Bow Collection comes in 2 shades – 729 Pink Happiness and 659 Tender Coral Price: RM143 Availability: Dior counters Limited Edition: Yes, Cherie Bow Spring 2013 collection

Disclosure: Pink Happiness was provided by PR for consideration. For posting guidelines please read my disclaimer.

Sunny
January 28, 2013 at 8:53 am

Ahhh I still really want Tender Coral! I was trying to make myself decide between Chanel Frivole and Tender Coral, as they are rather similar on me (Tender Coral leans, well, coral while Frivole is a bit more apricot). Honestly don’t need another similar blush but ahhh Tender coral is just so darn silky and soft!
Sunny recently blogged…Does Mud Clean? Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm Does!My Profile

January 28, 2013 at 10:03 am

On me, Chanel Frivole was orange LOL! So it was quite a no brainer for me which to go for. I was hoping to pick up the Chanel to be honest. I haven’t had a Chanel blush in a long time but the recent releases have been so meh :(

Sunny
January 28, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Haha I’ll have to respectfully disagree: I have nothing but love for Rose Initiale! When I first got it I was fine with it, but as time went by I realized how often I reach for that shade! But I know what you mean. The blush that came out with the holiday collection is so painfully pale.
Sunny recently blogged…Now This Is What I Call a Fun Quad! Guerlain Coup de Foudre Ecrin 4 CouleursMy Profile

January 28, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Ooh that’s the one i missed! :P I was quite keen on that but for some reason didn’t get it and then it was too late and I missed it. But who knows, maybe it’ll pop up somewhere soon ;) thanks for the reminder!

Tracy January 28, 2013 at 9:11 am

SO PRETTY. You look so fresh and glowy and STUNNING! I love both on you, but the coral is AMAZING. I’ve pretty much ignored the Dior Spring Collection until now haha! Will need to check out that blush for sure!

January 28, 2013 at 10:04 am

Aww thank you luv :D I think Tender Coral would look so AMAZING on you, seriously. You pull off these sort of colours so well! Plus it’d brighten up the wintry days ;)

January 28, 2013 at 9:43 am

I didn’t pick up pink happiness because i just love my tender coral! And tender coral looks so much warmer on you. It’s a little more of a pinky coral on me, a noticeable pink… Maybe because of my skin yellow undertones? I love how you look in pink happiness. So bright and lively :-)
Lily recently blogged…Sneaky Sunday: My Favourite Holiday Palette… For YouMy Profile

January 28, 2013 at 10:05 am

Thank you Lily :) Tender Coral is much warmer on me compared to the Pink Happiness, but in person, it does pull a little more pink than most coral blushes do. Still, it is a warm shade but as you said, attributable to skintones. Its impressive how one product can look so different on different people :)

Becca
January 28, 2013 at 9:45 am

Both are pretty but I am definitely with you on Tender Coral. It looks SO gorgeous on you, Paris–really subtle and glowy and pretty! I finally decided that I am not going after Burberry’s new Coral Pink after all, as it isn’t nearly as warm OR coral as I thought it would be. Am thinking of picking this one up as a replacement–it’s much more what I had in mind!! :D
Becca recently blogged…The Sample: NEW Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Light & Ambient Powder Brush, Review & SwatchesMy Profile

January 28, 2013 at 10:07 am

Knowing your love for warm toned powders, I think Tender Coral is right up your alley, Becca! :D I have only just started hearing about the Burberry Spring 2013 collection and ahhhhh! You mentioned Coral Pink so I looked and now I want it! Darn :P It looks so pretty and …. PINK!

Ting January 28, 2013 at 10:16 am

Both looks in you are really sophisticated, esp. the coral one. :)

I like the fact too that there’s a matte and shimmer blushes in one box. Very convenient. :)

January 28, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Thank you Ting :) I like the Coral one too simply because it takes a bit less work than the pink one

Marla January 28, 2013 at 12:01 pm

I love Dior. They make such wonderful products. These colors are lovely.

January 28, 2013 at 8:07 pm

I agree, Dior has stepped up their game in recent times, which is great for us! Did you pick up anything in this collection?

Tammy January 28, 2013 at 12:22 pm

That coral tone looks amazing!

January 28, 2013 at 8:11 pm

It is! Did you manage to check out this collection, Tammy?

gio January 28, 2013 at 3:00 pm

I’m loving the look of Tender Coral, so pretty!
gio recently blogged…Sunday Random Ramblings, Vol.58My Profile

January 28, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Right up your alley, I think, Gio!

Su January 28, 2013 at 3:33 pm

I like your haircut. Do share details of your hairdresser. Thanks.

January 28, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Hi thank you, Su. I go to de Headline salon at Lowyat Plaza :)

plue
January 28, 2013 at 4:14 pm

i bought Tender Coral despite my initial preferences towards Pink Happiness. Reason being the boy said he thought tender coral look better on me and my younger sister say the pink was just too cool and too sheer…

tender coral on my cheeks is similar to yours, though I think on me it’s a bit warmer and a bit more peachier coral… I think I should go out and get pink happiness, I have been thinking bout it for a week or two already!
plue recently blogged…Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013!My Profile

January 28, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Lol! If you’ve been thinking about it maybe you should get it :P although if you want a pink, you may want to wait for the Guerlain one coming out next month? ;) I must say that Tender Coral is a lovely colour and adds a nice warmth to the skin. Good buy!

Marina(Makeup4all) January 28, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Both are very beautiful, but I think I like the pink one better.
Marina(Makeup4all) recently blogged…Clarins Gorgeous Getaways Face and Body EssentialsMy Profile

January 28, 2013 at 8:18 pm

I like how it looks on skin too, but texture wise, it’s not quite up to par with normal Dior blushes

lisa January 28, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Besides the gorgeous blushes, the golden hoop earrings are such eye catching chic. Gold complements your skin tone really well. Love it! The interesting Shiseido lipstick goes well too with the look. All fresh and spring ready.

January 28, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Aww thank you for noticing, Lisa! :D I used to dislike wearing gold accessories, preferring white gold but lately I seem to gravitate towards gold more. Maybe with age, it looks better ;)

Jennifer January 28, 2013 at 7:18 pm

I think Tender Coral looks lovely on you. For once I am not biased towards Pink. Just like you, I have a concern that coral makes me look orange and just odd. But have to try it and perhaps it will look good on me too :)

January 28, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Oh yes, coral is a tricky shade if there’s too much orange or peach in it. I tend to prefer those that pull more pink or blend in with pink but most of the time, we see the orange ones posing as coral lol!

sharon January 28, 2013 at 10:58 pm

You know, just looking at the swatches and having held back from getting the Dior Healthy Glow Awakening Blush, I may just rush out and get all 4 of them! LOL!. If I do, I probably will be mixing and matching the colours eg the pink with the coral to get the right shade of blush for my NC30 skin tone ;)

January 29, 2013 at 12:17 pm

HAHA! Here’s what I’d suggest – get Tender Coral and the Healthy Glow Petal blush. The Petal one may turn a warmer pink on your skin so that takes care of the pink element but I highly suggest you try the Petal on skin because it will differ from person to person :)

S. Drama&Makeup January 29, 2013 at 12:08 am

They both look beautiful! I’d love to try Tender Coral. x

January 29, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Are they out in Italy yet, S? I heard the US doesn’t get Tender Coral but I could be mistaken :(

AhCapp January 29, 2013 at 6:30 am

Hi,
I tried bought and I bought Tender Coral. The SA applies both blushes in me and recommended Pink Happiness saying it made my skin looks whiter. But I’m more used to warm tone blushes as I feel it would look more natural in my warm skin tone. I love coral colored blushes and lipsticks. I’m pretty conservative when it comes to makeup. ;)

January 29, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Aww I’m sure you know best, so go with the blush that makes you look and feel happier :D Sometimes though its fun to break out of your usual mould and maybe find a new favourite ;)

AnT January 29, 2013 at 10:16 am

Wow! Gorgeous Paris! Sweet and confident look of yours especially with the gold hoop earrings :D

January 30, 2013 at 10:48 pm

Aww, thank you my dear! :D

Tine
January 29, 2013 at 10:39 am

I’m so glad I picked up the Pink Happiness. I agree, I did find it slightly harder than what I’d normally like but it’s still very pretty nevertheless and easily forgiveable. The houndstooth design’s just lovely :)

January 30, 2013 at 10:51 pm

Oh yes, I think I forgot to mention the design lol! It’s what sold me first. Sucker! :P

Wojis January 31, 2013 at 2:50 am

I do love Dion Blush, you put me on to them I must say. Before I would always go for Chanel of Clinique. Since I’ve been reeding your great Dior posts, I always ask Dior blush to be used, when I test a Foundation at any make-up store… and finaly I bought one. Didn’t need it but is is such great blush, I love it. I got the glowing color powder blush in Peechy Keen 553 :-)
Wojis recently blogged…TONI&GUY CLEANSE – Shampoo For Fine Hair VolumisingMy Profile

February 1, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Ooh Peachy Keen is a lovely colour! I don’t own it yet but I’ve been eyeing it for the longest time :D I’m happy you love it, Wojis. I used to overlook Dior blushes in favour of Chanel too but these days its the other way around LOL!

Sam
February 3, 2013 at 12:57 pm

I like both shades of blush (they are finally in Australia, yay), but I’m hoping to buy duty free :)
Sam recently blogged…New month, new books!My Profile

February 4, 2013 at 10:07 pm

At Australian prices, duty free is the way to go! Which are you planning to pick up?

Sam March 25, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Love the pink happiness. However, the color sort of fade away after 3 to 4 hours later. Not sure why but I didn’t have problem using Lancome Blush Subtil blushes. Do you?

April 1, 2013 at 12:30 am

Hi Sam, no I don’t have problems with fading with the Dior. Then again, I rarely have trouble with fading for most brands of powder blushes.