MWS Sneak Peek! Clarins joins in the BB Cream phenomenon

in BB Cream,New on shelves

clarins bb cream asia MWS Sneak Peek! Clarins joins in the BB Cream phenomenon

Oh lookee what will be available at our local Clarins counters come March/April 2013!

Not to be outdone by the many brands who already have BB (and maybe even CC) creams in their arsenal, Clarins too will launch a product called the Clarins UV Plus HP BB cream SPF40. This will be launched under the UV Plus HP range in Asia, the sunscreen range, as it were.

Does it fascinate you? I do like the Clarins UV Plus sunscreen so I will confess this intrigues me. I have a little more info for you but will only be able to tell you more in detail in a couple of months when its out.

From what I can tell, the Clarins UV Plus HP BB Cream is a sunscreen first, and a foundation second. It offers SPF40 protection and looks to have a thicker texture than the beige tinted sunscreen for better coverage and a more unified skintone.

Like the other products in the UV Plus HP range, it protects skin from UVA and UVB rays, and prevents formation of dark spots. Apparently, it feels light on skin and offers good even coverage and a matte finish.

However, it comes only in 1 shade (I believe) so its going to be interesting to see how it fares for me. From my experience, anything that comes in just 1 shade is usually half to 1 shade too dark for me but will likely suit the majority except those who are more tanned.

We’ll know once its out icon smile MWS Sneak Peek! Clarins joins in the BB Cream phenomenon

Does this intrigue you?

Incidentally, I found out that the rest of the world gets a product called the Clarins BB Skin Perfecting Cream SPF25 which comes in 3 shades – Light, Medium and Dark. Musings of a Muse has information on that here. However, we in the Asia-Pacific region will not get that one, but the one I’ve featured here. I don’t know, go figure! I’ll have more info and hopefully a review for you once its launched – wait up for that if you’re interested icon smile MWS Sneak Peek! Clarins joins in the BB Cream phenomenon

Clarins UV Plus HP BB Cream SPF40 Price: RM158/30ml Availability: March/April 2013 at Clarins counters

ysk122
January 18, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I love their uv plus sunblock too!looking forward to try this!
ysk122 recently blogged…Review:Biotherm Source Therapie 7 Skin Perfection Catalyzing Serum-I will always love you!My Profile

January 20, 2013 at 5:44 pm

I am too! Curious more like :)

Joanne January 18, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Oh I can’t wait…. So excited.

January 20, 2013 at 5:51 pm

I take it you are either a Clarins or a BB Cream fan? :D

Joanne January 20, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Clarins’ fan of course… hehehe

Renee
January 18, 2013 at 4:48 pm

OOh looks good! Thanks for sharing. Clarins makes really good “skin” makeup, so I look forward to this! :) Their HP Plus sunscreen came in a tinted version last year and I’ve been using that, really amazing product!

x Renee

January 20, 2013 at 5:52 pm

I have to agree, Renee. Clarins’ base makeup is pretty good stuff! Am awaiting the launch of this BB Cream with bated breath :D

Xen* January 18, 2013 at 4:56 pm

I’ve tried this and I LOVE it! I find it even better than the CC cream CHANEL is offering; and this is coming from a CHANEL cosmetics lover! I found it better in terms of coverage, texture and how long it lasts. Can’t wait for it to launch!!

-Xen

liyeun January 18, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Really?? Omg I bought CC cream a week ago!!! .*hara kiri*

January 20, 2013 at 6:04 pm

hahaha! But maybe the Clarins one won’t work for you? I remember you saying you liked the CC Cream :D

liyeun January 20, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Yes I do love my CC cream, but I wonder if Clarins’ one would be better? I like that brand for its skincare n makeup, soooooooo all I hv is Malaysia will hv it soon. The last time I went to Clarins on Dec, she told me Clarins is going to pull out its makeup! How sad……

January 20, 2013 at 8:29 pm

What? They’re pulling out the makeup? That’s so sad. I knew they didn’t bring in some ranges but at least we had some options. They do very good but underrated makeup :( I’ll see if I can get any info on this. Thanks for the heads up!

January 20, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Ooh you’ve tried it! Good to know it works well, Xen :) I tried a sample of the CC Cream but it is a bit drying for me so I hope the Clarins fares better.

Esther January 18, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Another BB cream….and in 1 shade!! I still on the look out for one that compliment my skin.

January 20, 2013 at 6:03 pm

I’m guessing none have suited your skintone so far, Esther?

Esther January 20, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Ya…but mostly korean brands I have tried. Wear alone and the results are always dreadful. Perhaps I should wear it like a base.

January 20, 2013 at 8:23 pm

I never had luck with Korean brands actually. They were always too thick, oily, grey or dark or even orange. It was the western versions that I could eventually use even if they aren’t what the purists call BB creams :)

Esther January 20, 2013 at 8:49 pm

I always turned 2 shades lighter with BB cream. I tried Rachel K CC cream before, quite good and it’s really a brightening and matte finishing. Cant wait to try Chanel CC cream.

January 20, 2013 at 10:18 pm

The Rachel K CC Cream isn’t bad. I at least it comes in different shades not in just one shade fits all :-) I have a sampling of the Chanel CC cream on the blog tomorrow. Maybe it’ll help you decide :-)

Marina(Makeup4all) January 18, 2013 at 7:20 pm

I did not know about it, thanks! And, as a Clarins fan I am excited about it.
Marina(Makeup4all) recently blogged…Spring 2013 Nail Polish Collections: butter LONDON, Orly and ZoyaMy Profile

angie January 19, 2013 at 3:44 am

elle sortira en france ?

January 20, 2013 at 6:03 pm

I believe Clarins has a different one in the USA so I’m not sure which one Europe is getting – would be nice to find out, Marina ;)

Sharon January 19, 2013 at 5:52 am

I share the same sentiments as u as i really like the uv plus sunscreen too so i am sticking out my neck to see how this works. Would be fantastic if it works just like the uv plus or even better. Waiting for reviews. As for us Asians seemingly receiving the shorter end of the stick, i really don’t know what the PR people are thinking n they probably aren’t very concerned with our opinions!;)

January 20, 2013 at 6:07 pm

I’m curious because I liked the sunscreen too! Lets hope this doesn’t let us down :D Actually I don’t think we in Asia get the shorter end of the stick, just different focuses. I noticed the US version is an antiaging one while ours is mostly in the whitening/sunscreen range mostly to suit the obsession with that in Asia. That said, we get higher SPF so yay! We win on that score LOL! ;)

S. Drama&Makeup January 19, 2013 at 7:03 am

This sounds really interesting! xx

January 20, 2013 at 6:07 pm

It does doesn’t it? Can’t wait to see what its like.

Jacqueline January 19, 2013 at 10:02 am

I just hate it when I realise that that there is only one shade. It never matches my skin tone ever. Sigh!

January 20, 2013 at 6:08 pm

Its always either too light or too dark right? For me its too dark usually. I hope this doesn’t disappoint.

casey23 January 19, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Clarins uv plus hp sunscreen is THE sunscreen that changed my whole vision about sunscreens so this is the only bb cream sneak peek that I’m excited about :-)

January 20, 2013 at 6:09 pm

I’m happy you found THE sunscreen for you Casey! And hopefully you’ll get this version in Europe too!

casey23 January 21, 2013 at 2:51 pm

I just zapped to Muse’s site and the European version is not uvplus hp and now I’m just sad… But I still believe in Clarins, let’s see what they’re gonna bring to the table!

January 21, 2013 at 10:24 pm

It’s an anti aging one I think. Hoping you get the UV Plus one too!

Marla January 19, 2013 at 6:24 pm

I have a funny feeling light, medium, and dark is not going to be enough shades. I have such olive skin, a lot of bb creams are too light or too pink for me.

January 20, 2013 at 6:10 pm

That’s true Marla but the BB Creams we were getting originally were grey! I’m not sure which part of the colour spectrum that was targetting haha!

January 20, 2013 at 10:00 am

Interesting…. will have to wait and probably get a sample first. I’m liking the Bobbi Brown BB cream. Wonder how it compares :-)
Lily recently blogged…Blush Fiends: The One That Started It AllMy Profile

January 20, 2013 at 6:12 pm

I’m re-using my Bobbi Brown BB Cream and remembering why I liked it too! :D Its pretty good stuff. I hope the Clarins one won’t be too dark or too pink/yellow :P

Linda March 25, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Thanks for the heads-up! I had the chance to try this Clarins BB cream, and i absolutely LOVE it!! My review is up on my blog! XOXO
Linda recently blogged…Battle of the primers [Part I]My Profile