Some fashion items that caught my eye this week

in Clothes,Jewelry,Musings

Someone talked to me about fashion recently and I realised that I’m not a very fashionable sort of person. I have quite a safe and conventional dress sense, preferring to stick to tried and true classics. But I also have a quirky bone and sometimes I think it comes through in my dressing.

wpid IMG 20120410 212947 Some fashion items that caught my eye this week

Like polka dots. I saw this polka dotted cardigan at Coast and I sort of fell in love with it even though it looks like a Dalmatian. It was so adorable! But I couldn’t justify the price tag even with a sale. I did however pick up an even more quirky item.

For some reason I felt the need for a furry bolero icon razz Some fashion items that caught my eye this week

wpid IMG 20120410 215137 Some fashion items that caught my eye this week

I thought it was adorable so into the basket it went. Never mind that I now look like a fluffy sheep icon smile Some fashion items that caught my eye this week

I don’t wear rings because I find them a bit finicky but I was drawn to this inexpensive find.

wpid IMG 20120411 114059 Some fashion items that caught my eye this week

It was from a random counter at Robinsons and was on sale plus I had a voucher so ended up getting it to ‘practise’ for something bigger and more fun, perhaps?

So there. My quirky fashion sense.

Answers on a postcard please as to how I could avoid looking like a sheep in my new furry acquisition? Did any fashion items catch your eye this week? I’d love to hear about your fashion finds icon smile Some fashion items that caught my eye this week

Mrs Top Monkey April 15, 2012 at 8:42 am

Don’t baa?
Nice bolero though I don’t know how/where you can wear it here. Not exactly a fashion plate myself!

April 17, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Baa :P I imagine I’d wear it in place of a stole/shawl thing. I’ll just have to be sure to steel myself against the looks of other ladies going “What a poseur!” and not baa :P

Mrs Top Monkey April 21, 2012 at 8:47 am

Hey… As long as you don’t go astroboy on me. Lol tell you where you should wear it to – the local mamak! Haha!

giddy tigress
April 15, 2012 at 9:16 am

Is the bolero warm? Or can you only wear it to air-conditioned places?
giddy tigress recently blogged…I Made Jamie Oliver’s Fantastic Roast ChickenMy Profile

April 17, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Yeah its actually a little warm but would do in a chilly place :)

Jyoan April 15, 2012 at 10:26 am

I don’t think you would look like a sheep in that. haha, I have a thing for these tiny cardigan? haha.

Don’t pair it with black or grey I guess. Try brighter colors. Vary the texture too, have thinner materials that are less woolly underneath. The blue one you were in in the picture is fine I think.

April 17, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I have to be careful with cropped cardigans like this because they can chop up the body into too many parts. I might pair this one with a dress – it’ll be different :D

Isabel April 15, 2012 at 10:40 am

But…. what’s wrong with sheep? They’re cute! LOL!

Personally, I love rings and bangles. They’re much easier to remove and switch compared to earrings and necklaces. I know… I’m a real lazy bum! :P

April 17, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Wait! I’m an even lazier bum. I hardly wear any jewellery, mostly because I keep forgetting to put them on :P I can’t wear bangles (wrists too small) and I’m only just starting to take a look at rings. Uhoh :P

Lumi April 15, 2012 at 11:05 am

Oohhh I love polka dot clothing! That cardigan looks cute.

The bolero is cute too! SO FLUFFY. :D I’d wear that going out to lunch/dinner.

April 17, 2012 at 4:02 pm

The polka dot cardigan was adorable. I just wish the price tag was smaller :P

Applegal April 15, 2012 at 11:52 am

I “OooooooOOO!” at the ring!! Reminded me of LOTR or Game of Thrones ^_^

April 17, 2012 at 4:05 pm

You know what? I never thought of that LOTR/GoT reference! Now I’ll wear it as I watch the eps ;)

milktea April 15, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Kate Middleton wore a white furry bolero at her wedding dinner, remember? It looked great! :)

April 17, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Mmmm… I’m going to have to look it up – I didn’t pay attention to the royal wedding hehe … ;)

Shay April 15, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Nice. :) Wear that furry thing with red.

Recently I bought a pink skirt with black trimming along the hem and pockets and polka dots. That’s a quirky one too. In the danger zone of being labeled as “act cute”. Haha…

April 17, 2012 at 4:10 pm

It’d exude such an old world charm with a red dress won’t it? :D I like the description of your skirt. It sounds quirky and cute but I’m sure you could tone down the “cuteness” level :)

lavender April 15, 2012 at 6:31 pm

The furry bolero is nice! I think u can wear with blue sleeveless dress/blouse. The design is really nice. I did hauled some dresses in Feb but have not worn them yet.
lavender recently blogged…Product Review: Sukin Facial ScrubMy Profile

April 17, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Time to get those dresses out! Ya I plan to use the bolero as a cover up for evenings in place of a shawl or stole. It would be interesting anyway hehe…

Sunny
April 15, 2012 at 6:34 pm

It’s ridiculous Paris, you DON’T look like a sheep with that bolero! My shoulders are a bit too broad for this (or at least I think they are, despite the fact that people have been telling me for years that they aren’t), but you look way cute! I like the ring too! I wear a ring or two daily, but they’re flat so I have to worry about them getting tangled in my hair or clinking against something. I’m pretty rough like that!
Sunny recently blogged…Want Something That Is Applied in 30 Seconds and Lasts for 24 Hours? Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo Eyeshadows in Bold Gold & Bad to the Bronze Swatch, Review, FOTD & My New Follow Chairman Meow Mug!My Profile

April 17, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Baa… ;) We are our worst critics Sunny! I’ve seen your pictures and you don’t have broad shoulders :P I don’t usually wear rings so this is something to get used to. But I’m already eyeing another so I guess its all good :D

Jaime April 15, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Nice!!! I think I saw Kate Moss wore it with little black dress before:) or you might want to pair with pants and super high heels, looks classy :)

April 17, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Ooh I like the pants idea :D Thanks Jaime!

Jennifer April 15, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Hi Paris. The Coast polka dot cardigan is so lovely! Mmm, I adore polka dots :) Coast has very nice dresses but they are also uber expensive. I’ve seen some dresses at My Dressing Room which are similar to Coast ones and I am tempted to buy them, hehe. That’s a nice bolero too, you’d have to share with us when you wear it ok :) I love rings but have not found a nice and durable one for daily wear.

April 17, 2012 at 4:14 pm

You know what? I just realized I don’t own polka dotted clothes. I think I might have to remedy that :P Coast dresses are pretty but they don’t fit my body shape very well so I haven’t bought anything from them till recently. They are more targeted at the party/evening dinner crowd though so its a good place to start when looking for an evening dress :) I’d probably wear the bolero for an evening cover up. Still haven’t found an occasion to. Maybe I should just make the occasion ;)

makeupmag
April 15, 2012 at 11:50 pm

That’s a really cute top. :) Polka dots will never go out of fashion! ;)
makeupmag recently blogged…Laura Mercier Flawless Face Kit GiveawayMy Profile

April 17, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Indeed! And polka dots are always young :D

Wojis April 17, 2012 at 4:13 am

I love the bolero, I really looks nice I like the color. Love the polka dot sweater also!

Grz.,

Wojis

April 17, 2012 at 5:18 pm

Hi Wojis, yes the bolero looks so cute! Sort of wish I’d gotten the polka dot sweater when it was on sale hehe…

pinkpretty May 31, 2012 at 6:14 pm

i like polka dots and ring. that’s so nice.