Insta-Updates: Seeking your feedback

in Photos

feedbacks

It’s been over 3 weeks since I started posting these short Insta-Updates posts, and I was curious how you are all finding it? Does it bother you that its not always about beauty (when you’re here to read about beauty) or that I seem to love food (and eating) that much? icon razz Insta Updates: Seeking your feedback

At my end, I’m quite enjoying myself because they are short little snippets and quite fun to post since they are my carte blanche to get all random on you. Your feedback is of course, priceless and helpful to me, going forward icon smile Insta Updates: Seeking your feedback

Insta-Updates: Snippets of life extracted from my timeline at Instagram, a mobile photo app I’m growing increasingly fond of. You may find me at ParisBMWS where I post random photos on beauty, food and general randomness

rudi April 27, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Instagram away dearie. Fun to read snippets. N who doesnt like food???

April 29, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Haha thanks Rudi :) I will reduce the food element because others seem to find it distracting but the updates will continue :)

electronicfly
April 27, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Sukas! Please note the plurality :P

April 29, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Thanks, girl :)

Mira
April 27, 2012 at 4:49 pm

I love your insta-updates, so keep posting them more! And plus I’m not here just to read abt beauty. I also love your updates abt foods, handbags, shoes and your life. ^^

April 29, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Thanks Mira :) I did hope to spread the beauty net a little wider because sometimes, I get bored too LOL! :P

Sze Ling April 27, 2012 at 5:01 pm

~LIKE~
Keep it coming! :D
Sze Ling recently blogged…Favorite Baking PowderMy Profile

April 29, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Thanks Sze Ling, I will – just probably will keep it more beauty related :)

rachel April 27, 2012 at 5:02 pm

It kinda bothers me actually. To be honest, i’m not really interested in the posts that distract from your main theme.

April 29, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Rachel :) Is it the snippets that bothers you or the slightly more off beauty topic ones? So far I’ve tried to keep it quite close to the beauty theme barring 2 posts (I believe). It’ll help me understand your disconcert :)

rachel April 29, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Nice to know you genuinely seek feedback from your readers!

I guess your readers come here for a variety of reasons. Personally i am most interested in your reviews of products. I also prefer to have real meaty posts to read, if you know what i mean (:

May i make a suggestion? Keep your insta-updates to your twitter rather than clutter your blog with these short posts, unless you’re looking to expand into a more ubiquitous ‘lifestyle’ blog

April 29, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Thanks again, Rachel :) I appreciate knowing your thiugts in this. I too enjoy reading ‘meaty’ posts and I can assure it will continue daily and as often as I have time to. It’s the backbone of the blog after all :) Expansion is optional at this point in time, but beauty reviews/posts will always be the primary focus. I will still maintain my short updates for now, as some others have indicated an interest, but will keep them less frequent. This way, I think there will be something for most readers :)

Jyoan April 27, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Oh no, it does not bothers me what your topic is at all!

In fact, I really like it that you are like sharing your life with readers, which is definitely interesting, because what you have there is not the same as what I get here in Singapore.

Also, I think somehow, your Instagram posts have been still somewhat linked to beauty. haha. The definition of beauty is so wide! Seeing a great sunset is beauty, just as seeing a nice vintage chopstick holder is a pretty sight too.

It’s just good to get a wider view of this world. =D Keep it going!

Jyoan April 27, 2012 at 5:22 pm

In addition, myself find my own blog irritating when I see too much of the same things. hahaha. So once in a while, I also like to talk about my other hobbies, like tea-drinking, or good food, or just some quirky/fun stuff i find along the way.

April 29, 2012 at 7:01 pm

I enjoy reading a surprise random post on the blogs I read too. It makes the blogger seem more human and easier to relate to than just a distant swatcher/reviewer :)

April 29, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Thanks for the feedback Jyoan :) I did view it that way and I do try where possible to keep it beauty related…. well most of the time. I’m glad you noticed ;) I guess I’m starting to feel bored being a conventional “beauty blog” and it would be nice if we all evolve together :)

Sunny
April 27, 2012 at 6:51 pm
April 29, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Thanks Sunny :)

sesame April 27, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Honestly, I prefer blogs that keep to their focus because it bothers me when the visuals and topics are off the theme too often. I guess this comes with following a blog since the beginning. Well, maybe that’s just me. But if most of your readers don’t mind, then change the theme of your blog from just beauty oriented to one that is focus on lifestyle. That way, you have the best of both worlds.

April 29, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Thanks for the feedback Sesame :) I didn’t think it that random to qualify for lifestyle, since the primary focus is still beauty albeit from various aspects, but I guess its always worth considering merging topics :)

espenine April 27, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Bring it on! I like the fact that short insta-updates are interwoven with lengthy beauty posts. It is like ‘advertisements while watching a 40 episodes TVB drama’. :) :)

April 29, 2012 at 7:16 pm

LOL!! I like your analogy :D Thanks Espenine – although as some others have pointed out, I might keep it more beauty related… unless the mood catches me ;)

Alene April 27, 2012 at 9:46 pm

sigh….that awesome moment when i haven’t visited your blog in over a week, and now i have 12 tabs open, just waiting to be read. =D

April 29, 2012 at 7:16 pm

LOL! I take it as affirmation? ;)

Nikki April 27, 2012 at 9:58 pm

I like it! I find myself enjoying Instagram a lot too! I try not too as I want to control the number of social medias I use but I failed, it is fun to Instagram and even more fun to read updates from you :D ESPECIALLY FOOD!

April 29, 2012 at 7:17 pm

LOL Thanks Nikki! I’m glad they opened up Instagram to other platforms too – its lots of fun seeing the world through other peoples’ eyes and photographs are the easiest way to do so

C April 28, 2012 at 2:38 am

I don’t mind them. I like hearing about bloggers personal lives. I’m nosy like that. :P And I’m not sure how you feel, but sometimes as a blogger myself I get bored posting the same things, or my interests change, and I want to branch out into new topics. And I long gave up on keeping every post serious, and started to be a bit more random and laidback- gets too much like a chore otherwise! If I’m even more honest I’m just glad they aren’t too frequent and that you seem to be balancing the beauty side and more personal side well. :)

April 29, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Thanks for the feedback C :) Yes, I was getting a wee bit tired and jaded of blogging about the same topic all the time. Its fun and I enjoy it, but I think mixing things up can help me and hopefully readers adjust although I realize some people may not like that :P I will try to keep the randomness bits down ;)

Shija April 28, 2012 at 9:10 am

100% loving it. Terima kasih. Bring it on.

April 29, 2012 at 7:22 pm

No, terima kasih to you, Shija :)

Jacqueline April 28, 2012 at 9:27 am

I love them! Especially the posts about food because I love food. I live to eat! I am also a big kaypo I love to know more about you and your posts give me a glimpse of that. More please.

April 29, 2012 at 7:24 pm

haha thanks Jacqueline :D I think we are all kaypos to a degree and I love reading what other people get up to too. But as some other readers have pointed out, I might keep it more beauty related (and reserve my 1 day of the week for food) ;)

Applegal April 28, 2012 at 11:25 am

Keep em’ coming! I think they put a human touch to the blog and it is interesting to see the world through your eyes!

April 29, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Thank you Applegal :) I was hoping they would be a bit of a welcome breather. I’ve taken on some of the comments and will be trying to see how to balance the beauty and not-so-beauty-product related snippets.

Shuaddict
April 28, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Love it! You’ve always got fresh & interesting posts.

April 29, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Thank you :) I’m glad you didn’t think them jarring ;)

Helz Nguyen
April 28, 2012 at 5:17 pm

It doesnt bother me at all, I follow you on IG and love it when you post your food pics ;) always makes me hungry, lol!! But I dont go on hear to look/read about them, cause like some ppl here said, its distracting from the main topics. Good that you have an option to your readers anyways – I love Instagram too :)

April 29, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback Helz :) Will try to keep the IG snippets here as beauty related as I can then unless the mood catches me ;)

S. April 28, 2012 at 11:46 pm

I love your instaupdates :)
Instagram is not available for blackberry, yet?, so this is a great way to know more about you Paris!

April 29, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I’m glad you enjoy it S and don’t find them too distracting :) Instagram isn’t available on the Blackberry as far as I know. They just opened up to Android very recently.

Swati
April 29, 2012 at 3:03 am

I love the food updates!!! they just make me drool all over the screen :D
Swati recently blogged…Open Pores? {Reader’s Query}My Profile

April 29, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Haha I hope you have tissues handy! ;) Thanks Swati – I’ll be sticking to my Saturday food posts just for the fun of it, since no one really bothers to go online on a Saturday, I’ve noticed so its my chance to have a bit of fun :)

Leila April 29, 2012 at 5:00 am

One of the reasons I read your blog is not just beauty (and “women stuff”), but because I like your writer’s voice, something that is essential when deciding to read a blog regularly. So I don’t mind the off-topic posts in these short insta-updates, because they are small and unobstrusive and like a little surprise (so daily is too much). The important thing is that they are not distracting! They’re also easy to skip over if you’re not interested (as some people aren’t).

However, I still like that this is my women stuff and so long as the content of your regular posts stays the way it is and the insta-updates do not intrude into and replace actual posts (except Saturdays of course!) or become too numerous (because we have twitter for that) then I have absolutely no problem with it.

Keep it up Paris!

P.S. Off-topic, but have you seen the new Guerlain Shine Automatiques? Karlasugar has swatches up – they are gorgeous!

April 29, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Thanks for the feedback Leila :) I did try to keep them as unobtrusive as possible hence the snippets on the main pages, with no distracting photos :) I will stagger them out and not over do it, thanks for that reminder! :) The regular daily posts will always continue – its the backbone of the blog after all :D And yes, I have tried one of the Shine Automatiques. I am supposed to have a review up but can’t seem to find the time to take proper photos :P Soon, I promise and thanks for the kick up the butt for that LOL! :)

Sam
May 3, 2012 at 11:21 am

I’m really enjoying them. You’ve convinced me to download and play with Instagram!

May 3, 2012 at 11:57 am

Thanks Sam and I’m going to have to look for you there don’t I? :)