Merry Christmas and the perfect gift for a beauty and bagaholic!

in Bags,Makeup,New on shelves,Palettes

Merry Christmas everyone!

christmas Merry Christmas and the perfect gift for a beauty and bagaholic!

I wish you lots of joy and love this Christmas. And good food. And warmth. And fun. And everything wonderful for the season icon biggrin Merry Christmas and the perfect gift for a beauty and bagaholic!

Oh and lovely presents too icon wink Merry Christmas and the perfect gift for a beauty and bagaholic! I’m only meeting friends in a week’s time so I’m taking my own sweet time to package their presents, and as I don’t celebrate Christmas per se, I’m taking the opportunity to wind down for the year… and maybe get myself sorted with a new computer while everyone’s still comatose from their Christmas feasts icon wink Merry Christmas and the perfect gift for a beauty and bagaholic!

Speaking of presents (and really, to make this post be more than just a “Merry Christmas” post) I received a surprise gift just before Christmas, which had me looking a bit like this –> icon eek Merry Christmas and the perfect gift for a beauty and bagaholic! It was the RMK x Kate Spade collection for Christmas, and if I’m to be honest, I really wanted that gold Kate Spade pouch because well, its about the most affordable Kate Spade item I could get! icon razz Merry Christmas and the perfect gift for a beauty and bagaholic! It was sold out everywhere however, so I thought “Ah fergettit! It ain’t meant to be mine”

rmk kate spade Merry Christmas and the perfect gift for a beauty and bagaholic!

Thing is, the universe works in many wonderful ways and one day, voila! The RMK x Kate Spade face set dropped into my lap as a gift! icon biggrin Merry Christmas and the perfect gift for a beauty and bagaholic!

RMK collaborated with Kate Spade for their Christmas collection this year where you get a Kate Spade pouch filled with RMK goodies. Absolutely perfect, if you can find it anywhere at all. I promise you!

rmk kate spade3 Merry Christmas and the perfect gift for a beauty and bagaholic!

To be honest, I’m not a fan of multi-use palettes but this particular RMK palette made me go “Hmm.. I could get some use out of that” because if you notice, there is no cream product in there! What you get in a compact case are 3 eyeshadow duos, a blush and in a slide out drawer, a Pressed Powder N in pink for brightening.

The mini Separate Curl Mascara and lip gloss is packaged separately which I personally think is sheer genius because :-

• cream products spoil more quickly
  • powder can mess up cream products
  • cream products in palettes look messy when used

Genius!

rmk kate spade4 Merry Christmas and the perfect gift for a beauty and bagaholic!

The colours are generally wearable but bearing in mind that this is RMK and thus, colors will tend to be a little sheer on the eyes. Still, I can see this working very well on a holiday or business trip. And everything fits beautifully into the case (which is what I was primarily keen on) Yes, I’m a bagaholic and proud of it icon razz Merry Christmas and the perfect gift for a beauty and bagaholic!

rmk kate spade5 Merry Christmas and the perfect gift for a beauty and bagaholic!

The pouch itself is a metallic golden faux snakeskin that is compact and fits the palette, mascara and lipgloss, and can still fit a lipstick and some short handled brushes. The size is compact and if you don’t want to use it as a makeup pouch (I personally think it a waste of a perfectly pretty pouch) you can use it as a wristlet too!

rmk kate spade2 Merry Christmas and the perfect gift for a beauty and bagaholic!

I think it would be nice to keep an eye out for similar collaborations in the future. You don’t end up with a regulation makeup pouch, but something much prettier at a much smaller price than you would pay for it at the fashion brand boutique icon smile Merry Christmas and the perfect gift for a beauty and bagaholic!

For me, a beautyholic and bagaholic, I think this the perfect gift icon smile Merry Christmas and the perfect gift for a beauty and bagaholic!

Did you get any good Christmas gifts this year that you particularly love? Beauty gifts aside, I think a gift I would have been looking forward to receive would be a fruit juicer or food processor. Unfortunately I think Santa missed that memo icon razz Merry Christmas and the perfect gift for a beauty and bagaholic!

RMK Christmas x Kate Spade makeup palette and pouch Price: RM299 Availability: RMK counters but is already out of stock unless you can still find it online or if you’re lucky Limited Edition: Yes

Hanny Daforcena December 25, 2011 at 9:01 am

Merry Xmas PB! ^.^ I saw this in one of Lisa Eldridge’s videos, and I really didn’t think that we’d have them as well!

And no, I didn’t get any Xmas gifts >.<, well I did, if you count the pair of shoes I got for CNY heh heh heh

Paris B December 26, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Shoes for CNY is an excellent “gift” ;) Merry Christmas Hanny!

xin December 25, 2011 at 9:06 am

Merry xmas and i want the bag too!!!! Pixies pixies do your magic now

Paris B December 26, 2011 at 5:28 pm

*hides bag from pixies*

Lily December 25, 2011 at 9:12 am

Merry Christmas PB! Sleeping in this morning and girls are enjoying a little cartoon! Nope, no Christmas gifts coz we don’t celebrate it. Got a Christmas tree just to please the girls but since CNY is so close, like Hanny, we’ve been buying CNY stuff instead. Have a great year end holiday!

Paris B December 26, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Lily! I’m looking forward to CNY too but am not terribly pleased that its so close to the year end because I’d barely get my motor started before its time to take another extra long break again! LOL :D

cat December 25, 2011 at 9:33 am

Merry Christmas!

Paris B December 26, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Merry Christmas Cat :)

Sam December 25, 2011 at 9:38 am

Merry Christmas! Hope you get your computer sorted out without any glitches. I was lucky enough to receive a lot of lip glosses (Body Shop, Clinique) and the Clinique Black Honey gift set. Also got a lot of great books too.
Have a relaxing day!

Paris B December 26, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Merry Christmas Sam! The computer purchase went without a hitch and I’m really pleased to be picking it up tomorrow – been a while since I’ve had a new machine and this time I made sure it was faster with more storage space :D Sounds like you got lots of nice gifts – will await your book recs! ;)

Juan December 25, 2011 at 10:53 am

You know what they say about the power of our minds. sometimes when we want something really hard the thing will be right there for us… point in mind is the almond oil pack I wanted to get from Loccitane and there it was given to me on my birthday… not forgetting the LV’s that I wanted ;) hehe… Now what shall I wish hard enough that I shall see in one week’s time hmmm…

Paris B December 26, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Yes indeed! Never underestimate the power of the mind and the universe :D I actually wasn’t even thinking too hard about this kit – was instead more interested in the Kate Spade bag I posted about before but evidently the power of the universe doesn’t extend that far :P

peach_ December 25, 2011 at 11:33 am

Merry Christmas, Paris! :D I don’t celebrate it either, and it wouldn’t have been relaxing if it didn’t fall on a Sunday! That set is so cute and I love the bag…LOVE anything gold! Would love to see some looks since I hardly do colorful eyes!

Paris B December 26, 2011 at 5:34 pm

You’re right about that! I’m only having a good time because Christmas is on a Sunday and we get Monday off as replacement. And we’ll repeat this next week! Ah bliss!! :D I’ll try to see if I can do any looks, or perhaps just some more colourful looks to come. I’m going into a neutral phase myself. Been a while since I put on colour!

shuaddict December 25, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Merry Xmas, Paris! That is definitely a lovely gift, the colors are very complementary. Gift was a perfume i wanted for ages and a video game. Currently whipping up our turkey lunch. Merry Xmas to everyone!

Paris B December 26, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Merry Christmas Shuaddict! Sounds like you got some lovely gifts too! What perfume did you get? :D

Shuaddict December 27, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Burberry Body. Love it.

Stephanie/Yukaeshi December 25, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Merry Christmas, Paris (And all other readers here)! :) Wishing you health, peace and harmony!

My Christmas wish was granted when my Marie Veronique Organics stuff arrived before Christmas- I was actually expecting it to arrive after Christmas. Am using and loving them! :D My family doesn’t celebrate it but my boyfriend and his family does, am I’m having Christmas dinner with him later :P

RMK and Kate Spade… such a lovely combination *_* And yes, the universe does work in mysterious and wonderful ways ;)

Paris B December 26, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Thank you Stephanie and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you too! :D Nice to know you got your Marie Veronique stuff before our postal services shut down for the year LOL :D I was meaning to place an order during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales but couldn’t decide what to get so I passed. Did yo uget the Anti=Aging Body Oil? Its quite nice!

Stephanie/Yukaeshi December 26, 2011 at 6:15 pm

LOL yeah I was really very pleasantly surprised by it :D I’ve not gotten the Anti-Aging Body Oil but knowing your expertise in body oils, might just get it the next round! :D Yeah, it’s actually a little tough trying to decide exactly what you want from there, I browsed for a few days before actually getting the two items :P

Nikki December 25, 2011 at 5:47 pm

PB, one of the best Christmas Gift I got this year is to meet you girls twice!!!!! :) In less than a year! Can’t wait to see you again!!!

Paris B December 26, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Aww that was a perfect gift for ALL of us :D Next time we meet it may be over a plate of Sinigang and Sisig! *slurp*

Yumiko December 25, 2011 at 8:29 pm

omgeeeeeee…. i just want that pouch! not the goodies inside!! *keep dreaming* ahahaa~

Paris B December 26, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Ah well keep a look out on ebay ;) Sometimes they pop up there

Yumiko December 27, 2011 at 8:56 am

owh~ cool~ thanks for that dear!

AnT December 25, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Blessed Xmas to you too dearie Paris!! :D

Me only love the lip gloss so not worth getting it though :D

Paris B December 26, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Merry Christmas AnT! :D Yeah if its just 1 item you’re craving then definitely not quite worth getting the whole kit ;) In my case I think i just wanted the powder and the pouch LOL!

sleepdeprived91 December 25, 2011 at 10:02 pm

lucky! i’m happy that you got what you wanted :) and merry christmas! :)

Paris B December 26, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Thank you! And Merry Christmas to you too :D (hope you got some sleep ;) )

gio December 25, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Merry Christmas! And that’s a wonderful gift!

Paris B December 26, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Merry Christmas Gio! Hope you got some good gifts too!

watercoloursky December 26, 2011 at 1:50 am

merry christmas! glad you got what you wanted! the set looks awesome, but like you i love the pouch the most! kate spade has the cutest designs :)

Paris B December 26, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Merry Christmas! :D Kate Spade is super cute! Also super pricey here – pity :P

angie January 23, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Yes the kate spade pouch is really cute ;) I didn’t know about RMK but i will tried it out.