Visionary : The New Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector with LR2412

in Serum,Treatment

Any chemistry students in the house? icon smile Visionary : The New Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector with LR2412 I did fairly well at chemistry in school but its been so long now that when confronted with models like this one, my eyes glaze over and I get a brain fart. Wha…?

visionnaire3 Visionary : The New Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector with LR2412

This ladies (and gents) is the LR 2412 molecule created and patented by Lancome. According to what I read over at Beaut.ie  its called LR2412 because it was the Two Thousand Four Hundred and Twelfth attempt at getting it to do what the scientists wanted it to do, which was to get it to penetrate down through the layers of skin to the deepest level – the dermis so it can start its repair work. Entering Biology territory here. Eyes glazing over yet?

I can just imagine the scientists sitting in the lab, in their new white lab coats, excitedly starting Test #1, then Test #2 and then Test #234. Then, looking decidedly rumpled by now in their chemical stained lab coats –  Test #2410, #2411 and finally, when Test #2412 delivered the result they were looking for, the whoops of joy in the lab. Now they could go home and have a shower.

Any wonder then, that this took 12 years of research? Tell me. I watch too much TV don’t I? icon razz Visionary : The New Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector with LR2412

The result of all this research brings us Lancome’s new skincare serum, Visionnaire Skin Corrector Serum. The serum that was, in the UK delivered to the Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton and her sister Pippa ahead of everyone else. A serum with a waiting list. The French have most certainly wasted no time building relations with the English Royal family (and sister), I see icon wink Visionary : The New Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector with LR2412

Snarky remarks aside, Visionnaire is the newest serum in the Lancome skincare stable. Launched internationally a few months ago, and locally just in September, 2011, Visionnaire is an Advanced Skin Corrector Serum which targets wrinkles, pores and uneven skintone.

visionnaire2 Visionary : The New Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector with LR2412

This is the serum that apparently caused 1 out of 2 women to reconsider a surgical procedure (chemical peel or laser) after using it for 4 weeks. This LR2412 molecule extracted from jasmonic acid from plants is apparently so potent and wonderful it is protected by 20 international patents.

What this lightweight serum does is hydrate the skin, exfoliate the skin so pores appear smaller, refines the skin so lines and wrinkles are reduced in appearance, and even out uneven skin tone. It is the latter result that gets the most favour from the women in Asia who are genetically predisposed to pigmentation problems apparently. We’re also less predisposed to wrinkles so I guess we just have to take the good with the bad icon wink Visionary : The New Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector with LR2412

I had the opportunity to test this new serum on the back of my hand and it does feel very light on the skin, and absorbs very quickly. Interestingly, it leaves behind no silicone feel on the skin. There is also a fresh scent that is quite pleasant. Strong but pleasant.

The clever ones among you are now going “Ooh! Wait, what about Genifique serum? Is this the same?” Well, I anticipated this and I asked this question. The answer I got was that Visionnaire is different from Genifique. Genifique’s technology boosts gene activity and is primarily a serum targeted at anti-aging concerns. The name is a “Youth Activating Serum” which tells you all really. I personally feel its a serum that benefits those at least 35 and up. Visionnaire however, is targeted at all women of all skintypes and of all ages who may have the concerns that this serum seeks to address.

I also made a comment that the Genifique serum broke me out (although my Mom’s skin looks really impressive now that she’s back on it) and I was told that there had been some complaints of that happening, but not with Visionnaire. The Marketing girl told me she too could not use Genifique for the same reason as I did – breakouts – but Visionnaire worked very well for her to even out skintone overall.

Does it make me want to try it? Yes it does. It sounds like a truly wonderful product. And yet, I’m worried about breakouts. Ah that neverending conundrum. Time to play the guinea pig then? icon wink Visionary : The New Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector with LR2412 That said though, I wonder how it’d fare since I’ve more or less gotten my uneven skin tone problem down to a manageable level. My pigmentation is there but I’m not expecting this to erase it so… lets see if I’m one of the 2 women who might reconsider a surgical procedure after using this icon razz Visionary : The New Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector with LR2412

visionnaire Visionary : The New Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector with LR2412

Visionnaire will be a new range to be added into the Lancome stable. They start out with the Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector serum which you can use on its own with your regular skincare (before moisturiser). Also, there will be 2 additions to the Visionnaire range – Visionnaire Pre-Correcting Advanced Lotion and Visionnaire Pre-Correcting Advanced Emulsion.

Did you manage to snag a sample of this new serum at the recent roadshow at MidValley Megamall? I know some of you might have and if you did, do you have any thoughts on it? Mine will take a while to come icon smile Visionary : The New Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector with LR2412

Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector Serum retails at RM295/30ml at all Lancome counters. The Lotion and Emulsion and later a Cream will go on sale from October 2011 onwards.

Lily September 17, 2011 at 10:00 am

I received a text message from Lancome to go get their 5ml sample and I did, excitedly, after reading so many blogs writing about it. I was debating whether to get this or Estee Lauder’s Skin Illuminator serum since they claim to do similar things anyway.

3 words – Broke. Me. Out. Just as Genefique did. Just after 5 days of trying. Didn’t even finish the sample. How disappointing.

Guess which one I got in the end?

ParisB September 17, 2011 at 11:40 am

Argh! I was hoping I’d hear someone say it was ok for them despite breaking out from Genifique! Now I”m worried – probably won’t give this a go till later ;)

eliza September 17, 2011 at 10:07 am

Sounds good~! can be use by all ages and skin types me likes~
may give this a go…after I finish my probation of 6 months XD

ParisB September 17, 2011 at 11:43 am

Yes its targeted at everyone who might have a problem. You have 6 months to decide if its what you’ll need! :D

Stephy September 17, 2011 at 10:33 am

Oh Sue, pls pls try it out and let us know how you feel about it! =D

ParisB September 17, 2011 at 11:44 am

I will but it will take a while :) Have others ahead in the queue and I’m worried about breakouts LOL!

rinnah September 17, 2011 at 11:52 am

I have yet to try my lil sample bottle of Genifique which I bought in HK so I’ll give that a go first. :)

ParisB September 17, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Hopefully it works for you! :)

yuki September 17, 2011 at 12:12 pm

sounds very convincing… Would love to try something that would help my pores from enlarging~ I don’t do anything to them :( The ones on my nose,heh, guilty of squeezing those black stuff, but the pores beside my nose area are getting more visible :( Sighs… I don’t pick them at all… I’ve been applying Clinique’s pore tightening serum since last year… it used to work but now it doesn’t.

ParisB September 17, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Well I read somewhere that pore size is genetic and there is nothing that can actually reduce it. The only thing is to reduce its appearance, which possibly means keeping the pores clean and exfoliated and hoping for the best. Sometimes, I’ve noticed that very oily or very dry skin can lead to enlarged pores. So sometimes working on the cause can help too :)

Hanny September 17, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Should I try this to shrink my pores? Hmmmm…

ParisB September 17, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Well only if pore shrinking was possible which I read isn’t really. The only thing is to reduce the appearance of pores which is what I believe most pore minimizing products do ;)

Jamilla September 17, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Good luck and let us know how you do! I’m on the heavy duty Perricone R3 regime, myself!

ParisB September 17, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I’ll be sure to share after I’ve tried it!

melchewvin September 17, 2011 at 8:30 pm

I bought it serum during the road show in mid valley and i must say………. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! although i too do get breakout from genefique but not from this!!!! at 1st when i apply it, it tingles a lil but just it last for like a few sec (maybe thats how it feels when the product penetrade through the skin layers). Been using it for a week now and the effects are amazing i can see that my acne scars are less visible but still yet to see an effect on my pores!!

ParisB September 18, 2011 at 10:49 am

Wow! That sounds like great news :) Gives me hope that this won’t break me out like Genifique did LOL! :)

melchewvin September 19, 2011 at 12:36 am

i dont think it will!!! ahahahah (i hope)

erizabesu September 20, 2011 at 11:18 pm

when i started using genifique, i had mild breakouts, and according to the BA, her advise to me was not to use it when i ALREADY had break outs because it will make it worst as it will ‘activate’ the cells further (haha!). i stopped using it that time (coz i also noticed that i have breakouts during my period) and when my breakouts went away, i started using again and the results were just fantastic.

i managed to get a sample of visionnaire at their midvalley roadshow, tried it with genifique and it seemed to be a bit heavy for me; tried it alone without genifique and it was really good…i’m still debating whether or not to buy the full size serum…

ParisB September 22, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience re: genifique and visionnaire :) Will have to give it a go then and see how I like it :)

Tina February 10, 2012 at 8:11 am

Hi Paris,

It seems that Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector claim to have (more likely) the same results with Dior capture Totale One Essential Booster Serum ? which one you would prefer then ?

Thanks for your suggestion :))

Paris B February 12, 2012 at 6:26 pm

I haven’t tried using the Visionnaire serum yet Tina so I’m sorry I can’t help on this one. The Dior one does work very well indeed for me.

Alicia November 26, 2012 at 4:02 am

This is a miracle product. Made a huge difference in the overall look and texture of my face. Usually i’m pretty acne prone and tend to break out with any new skin product. It’s my 3rd week in, still loving it. It may also be that i’m making sure to use acne treatments as a preventative measure on days i don’t use the visionnaire. In case you’re wondering, here’s my skincare routine:
-remove make up with balea wipes
-cleanse face with clarisonic using philosophy purity
-follow with proactive face wash if i’m feeling a pimple coming on
-toner: neotrata toning solution level 2
-visionnaire (1pump)
-moisturizer – currently using ‘take a deep breath from philosophy’
-eye cream – using kiehls avocado
- 2-3 times a week use the neostrata glycolic mask and follow with a non-alcohol based toner (ie neutrogena)
-when i have or feel a pimple forming, i use kiehls skin corrector as well in a spot treatment method.