Lose Weight? Nope! Chubby is good – Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturising Lip Color Balm that is

in Lipbalm,Product Reviews

Some of you might remember this mystery item I posted a month or so ago. Quite a few of you attempted to guess but unfortunately none got it right although most of you were close icon smile Lose Weight? Nope! Chubby is good   Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturising Lip Color Balm that is

mystery Lose Weight? Nope! Chubby is good   Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturising Lip Color Balm that is

What it is is the new Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm. Isn’t it cute? icon smile Lose Weight? Nope! Chubby is good   Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturising Lip Color Balm that is Its a coloured lip balm in the form of a fat chubby pencil with a silver cap to cover it, so its super easy to tote and super easy to use too!

clinique chubby stick Optimized Lose Weight? Nope! Chubby is good   Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturising Lip Color Balm that is

My colour is Super Strawberry and its a sheer reddish shade on my lips. I’ve got a before/after swatch to show you its coverage.

With one swipe, you get a sheer tint of colour on the lips. Perfect for weekends or lazy days or when you do up your eyes and want a lighter lip. I usually sport this on weekends and to touch up after lipstick on weekdays, when I want just a hint of colour. If you layer it (picture shows 5 layers) you get something deeper.

clinique chubby stick3 Optimized Lose Weight? Nope! Chubby is good   Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturising Lip Color Balm that is

Still sheer, but there’s more colour to it. So its a great little handy tool that I keep in my bag because the great thing is that you can apply it without having to look in a mirror! Ok I usually just look for any reflective surface and because its so sheer, even if you go out of line, you won’t look like the Joker.

clinique chubby stick2 Optimized Lose Weight? Nope! Chubby is good   Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturising Lip Color Balm that is

I do however, have a little bit of problem with it as a lip  balm. I don’t have dry lips as a rule, but I did find that this product did not keep moist as a lip balm should. It is a great sheer lip colour but on my lips, it felt a little drying after a couple of hours. In fact, I wear a lip balm under this because I really like the light texture.

Pros: Nice sheer colour, Light texture, No scent

Cons: Felt a little drying on my lips, Rather pricey

Oh and here’s the thing. You might be wondering how to “sharpen” this once you use it. I wondered the very same thing. In fact, I asked if I’d have to buy a giant sharpener just to use the remainder.

Answer is, you don’t sharpen it.
clinique chubby stick4 Optimized Lose Weight? Nope! Chubby is good   Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturising Lip Color Balm that is

What you do is twist the metal bit at the end, and you push up the balm, just as you would a lipstick. Its reversible too so you can twist it back down again. You wouldn’t think that, just by looking at it. Or maybe its just me icon razz Lose Weight? Nope! Chubby is good   Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturising Lip Color Balm that is

Have you checked this out? icon smile Lose Weight? Nope! Chubby is good   Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturising Lip Color Balm that is I seem to think there was a similar item by Clinique a while ago… but I could be mistaken.

Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm retails at RM50 each at all Clinique counters and comes in 8 shades.

Disclosure: Featured product was sent by PR for consideration. For posting guidelines please read my disclaimer.

LeGeeque January 10, 2011 at 8:50 am

I LOVE IT! Way too convenient and it’s so cute too :D

ParisB January 10, 2011 at 9:46 am

It is! I love toting it around for that perfect “no makeup” makeup look :)

Sandra
January 10, 2011 at 8:50 am

ooh! very cute indeed. i wish it has an spf.

ParisB January 10, 2011 at 9:47 am

Nope it doesn’t, but it doesn’t bother me :)

xin
January 10, 2011 at 9:13 am

so cute! I was thinking how to sharpen it too till i read till the end :P however, for that price, i am not tempted to get it already. since i have a few lip liners at home that i never used, so i just used lip liner to color my whole lips before applying lip gloss :D and the color lasts so much longer
xin recently blogged…Acne Buster- Kielh’s Blemish Control Daily Skin-Clearing TreatmentMy Profile

ParisB January 10, 2011 at 9:48 am

Oh yay! I’m not alone in wondering how to sharpen it. If I wasn’t told, I’d have taken a giant sharpener to it and probably spoilt it :P The lip liner trick is a good one! I never use lip liners so I usually just give them away.

Nikki January 10, 2011 at 9:35 am

I actually saw this somewhere online and wondered about sharpening such huge pencil! That’s a smart thing! The twist thing! I LIKE!

ParisB January 10, 2011 at 9:49 am

Haha… so you were wondering too! :D Its certainly smart to make it a twist mechanism. Otherwise, I don’t think anyone would bother getting it, for the hassle. But its very cute :)

rinnah
January 10, 2011 at 10:13 am

So cute! Me likey… now I need to see what other colors Clinique has. :)
rinnah recently blogged…Waroeng Mas Timoer @ Sunway GizaMy Profile

ParisB January 10, 2011 at 10:19 am

The other colours look quite pretty too but since its so sheer, I’d do something with more colour than a nude so you get that hint of colour on the lips ;)

KS January 10, 2011 at 10:16 am

There is a similar item by Shiseido – automatic lip crayon! I am in love with the Shiseido version, so am glad to see Clinique come up with something similar! The Shiseido’s version is quite moisturising! :)

ParisB January 10, 2011 at 10:19 am

You got me intrigued! I’m going to check it out :D

Hanny
January 10, 2011 at 10:51 am

OOOOOO…. Interesting… But strange that I’ve never seen it before… Hmm…
Hanny recently blogged…New look and my latest fascination!My Profile

ParisB January 10, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Its new :) Just out since Jan 2011

Cynthia January 10, 2011 at 12:04 pm

The outlook of it is soo cute. But for the price I rather skip it and since I have quite a dry lip I prefer moisturizing ones.

ParisB January 10, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Yup its seriously cute and I love it for weekends when there’s no air conditioning to dry my lips out further. On weekdays, I use a thin layer of balm under it and its perfect :)

Lisa January 10, 2011 at 3:56 pm

I used to love and used up several body shop’s chubby stick in No.1 when I was in my late teens. Miss that one!!

ParisB January 11, 2011 at 10:17 am

Hmm… Now you mention it, I seem to recall something similar but I don’t think I ever tried it.

Jessica January 10, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Cute! Might mistaken it for crayons…hehehe.

ParisB January 11, 2011 at 10:17 am

Yup! Don’t let a kid get her hands on this one!

Isabel
January 10, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Oo.. So cute.. But don’t like the price and knowing me (my licking habits and super dry lips), it’s gonna be drying on me
Isabel recently blogged…Malaya OpticalMy Profile

ParisB January 11, 2011 at 10:18 am

Hehe who knows, maybe it’ll be moisturizing on you? But you aren’t supposed to be licking your lips anyway :P

Petrina January 10, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Ohh it reminds me of the chubby eye shadow sticks clinique had when I was a kid! It’s wears like a sheer lipstain – can’t wait to try it!
Petrina recently blogged…First Post for 2011!My Profile

ParisB January 11, 2011 at 10:42 am

It does wear very sheer but its very refeshing for just a touch of colour. And I seem to remember those chubby sticks too!

gio January 10, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Ohh that’s so cute and convenient. But considering the price, I wish it were more moisturizing.
gio recently blogged…Product Review- Michael Todd 3 Pan Palette- Frosted Eyeshadow in Juicy Gossip- Matte Eyeshadow in Chick and Powder Blush in Audrey HepburnMy Profile

ParisB January 11, 2011 at 10:43 am

Perhaps its just me really. I’ve had others tell me its awesomely moisturising on them :)

Sam
January 12, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Can’t wait for this to come out over here! Looking forward to trying.
Sam recently blogged…Getting stuck into some challenges…My Profile

ParisB January 12, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Should be soon! Would be perfect for summer won’t it?

Marilyn January 22, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I just purchased my 1st chubby stick and I have extremely dry lips. I asked the Clinique salesgirl if it’s a matte lipstick because I hate those. She said it’s a lip balm that moisturizes and she was right. I don’t feel it drying at all. . . so far so good.

Pam January 13, 2013 at 2:52 pm

I was wondering how to sharpen this product, thanks for the info. I use the color whole lotta honey and layer it over my lipstick. Cover Girl also has a product similar to this and it works the same way.