Ask & Answer: What are must buy items from Taiwan?

in Tips,Travel,You Asked?

shopping taiwan Ask & Answer: What are must buy items from Taiwan?

While we are still in holiday mode – at least I am icon razz Ask & Answer: What are must buy items from Taiwan? – lets continue our virtual travels to Taiwan. I received an email from Christine who wanted to know this:-

Hi there,

Wanted to ask What is the best buy or “must buy” skincare and cosmetic in Taiwan that Malaysia cannot get it?
Hope to hear from your answer. Thanks u so much for sharing so many info with us icon smile Ask & Answer: What are must buy items from Taiwan?

rgds,
christine

Well as I told Christine, I’ve never been to Taiwan and I don’t quite follow Asian skincare or cosmetics trends so I’m not the best person to ask.

The only thing that comes to mind is Japanese cosmetics which tend to be a little cheaper than even in Japan or perhaps Asian cosmetics in general, and My Beauty Diary masks which my sister hauled back without knowing what they were LOL…

However, I know many of you out there are familiar with such trends or Asian cosmetics so how about helping out a fellow reader?

What are “must buy” skincare and cosmetics from Taiwan? What travel tips do you have for Taiwan or places you must go or see or food you must eat?

Help me out too! That might just be my next destination woot! icon smile Ask & Answer: What are must buy items from Taiwan?

Stay beautiful,

AnT November 20, 2009 at 9:34 am

Jill Stuart’s cosmetics! LOL :P

plue
November 20, 2009 at 10:11 am

LOL. In TW, go grab MBD becuz it’s authentic and cheaper than Msia if you buy it in stores :)

And I reckon drugstore stuff that we can get in Malaysia too. It’s cheaper there and the stuff are released faster compared to here. I think if you like counter brands, then year end sale or they call it ??? is a great way to get good stuff with really cheap price! Ppl go line up and snap up as many as they can :D

Other than that, Jill Stuart as it’s cheapest around the region! :P

Alice November 20, 2009 at 3:27 pm

My Beauty Diary and Taiwan fashion ….

Shay November 20, 2009 at 11:02 pm

Japanese drugstore stuff. Like Majolica Majorca, Integrate, Kate, Lashuva, Coffret D’or etc. Counter brand stuff like Lunasol, Maquillage are also good. Many selections there and cheaper than in Japan.

There are some taiwan brand skincare also. Too much. :)

zed_x November 20, 2009 at 11:04 pm

Kevin Beautymaker. It’s a makeup brand by a really famous makeup artist in Taiwan. Heard its really good.

KS November 21, 2009 at 11:26 pm

I just came back from TW yesterday! And here’s my list of what (brands and my favourite products from these brands) to get. Some may already be available in Malaysia but SO MUCH cheaper to get in TW

- Lavshuca (Finish Powder)
- Integrate (Eyeshadow)
- Sofina (Primavista Base Makeup)
- Shiseido (Much much cheaper)
- MBD masks
- Chic Choc (Eyeliner)

KS November 21, 2009 at 11:26 pm

Oh yeah, Jill Stuart too! :)