Shimmering Pearls by Estee Lauder and Guerlain

in Highlighter,Promotions

I was flipping through a magazine yesterday when my eye fell upon this rather deja-vu-ish picture.

estee Shimmering Pearls by Estee Lauder and Guerlain

Where have I see that before?

Why in Guerlain of course! The famed Guerlain Meteorites Illuminating powder balls. Don’t they bear an uncanny resemblance to Guerlain’s iconic product? I was so surprised that its taking Estee Lauder so long to jump onto the illuminating bandwagon. This is especially when Guerlain has taken it one step further and introduced the pressed Meteorites pearl highlighter.

All that said, I am quite interested to check out Estee Lauder’s offering for Summer 2008 and will report back if I do. The Estee Lauder Shimmering powder pearls are limited edition.

However, Guerlain’s iconic meteorites illuminating powders (loose balls or pressed version) are permanent so there’s no need to hurry! If you are interested in the Guerlain version, Guerlain is running a promotion at Parkson KLCC from now until Sept 6 2008 is where you can purchase a voucher for RM120 and have a makeover, photo and the voucher is fully redeemable for Guerlain products. If you are up for a bit of fun, why not head over to KLCC and check them out.

Me? I think I want to do a challenge test for this! Now if I can just find a way to get hold of the Estee Lauder Shimmering Pearls to test with! icon razz Shimmering Pearls by Estee Lauder and Guerlain

Nikki July 31, 2008 at 11:49 am

Wow that looks almost the same as the Guerlain one! Can’t wait for you to check it out and cant’ wait to hear your reviews on them! :)

ParisB July 31, 2008 at 11:55 am

@Nikki – Its so similar right? Can’t wait to check it out

eliz July 31, 2008 at 12:13 pm

uuuu..got makeover with picture. Have you been to the Guerlain makeover PB? How is it? I once went to Shiseido’s makeover but the picture was terribly unflattering, even after the makeover. Cos they blow up the face and every blemish/pimples on my face can be seen! I want a nice picture…not a huge unflattering photo..

ParisB July 31, 2008 at 2:30 pm

@eliz: I’ve never been to Guerlain’s but from experience, they usually airbrush you to perfection in these makeover shoots. Maybe give this one a try?

giddy tigress
July 31, 2008 at 11:37 pm

I used these “shimmery stuff” before, though it wasn’t EL or Guerlain’s. Mine were called bronzing pearls, and I used to love them so much, cos they could be used a blusher, highlighter, eye shadow etc.

I wonder if they give away free samples :P

Monstro August 1, 2008 at 12:07 am

Oh yes…they should give out samples for sure–like a handful of balls? :-D
Can’t wait to read about your challenge. All I’ve got are those BB shimmerbricks, so I’d love to try these :-)

ParisB August 1, 2008 at 10:04 am

giddy tigress : The Body Shop used to have similar products. I’m wondering how best to snag some Estee samples or just try them :P

ParisB August 1, 2008 at 10:04 am

Monstro : We wish huh? Still racking my brains wondering how to do a challenge for this hehe lets go raid the counters! ;)

jojo ash September 26, 2008 at 3:29 am

Estee Lauder does have it in a pressed version as well, its the shimmering shell powder….I should know I bought it. I only use it for certain occassions, but I love it. They came out with it the same time as the shimmering pearls.

ParisB September 26, 2008 at 9:50 am

@jojo ash : Thanks for the info.