NYX Cosmetics in Singapore

in New on shelves,Shopping

Note: This information is correct as of 2008. Latest updates and availability are unknown.

When I first read that NYX Cosmetics was in Singapore, I was quite excited about it. I like NYX Cosmetics stuff. They are cheap (by USA standards) and you get very good stuff for the price. I find that NYX eyeshadows and blushes are one of the best drugstore items around, and are comparable to even department store brands. They are that good!

On my most recent trip to Singapore, I stumbled (quite literally) onto a NYX Cosmetics counter at the Guardian in Paragon Shopping Centre on Orchard Road.

Photo 0536 NYX Cosmetics in Singapore

There was quite a good selection of stuff – single eyeshadows, trios, blushes, mosaic blushes, false eyelashes, foundations, concealer etc… basically some of nearly everything in the line.

I loved that because I finally could test out the NYX mosaic blushes (They are the round ones you see in the lower left corner). I was expecting a couple in the mail and being able to test them out in person was awesome (I love them by the way, but thats the subject of another review!)

The prices however, are another matter altogether. They are high for drugstore makeup. e.g. the NYX loose powder eyeshadows (again subject of another review) are only US$3 (RM9.60) or even US$1.99 (RM6.40) but they are S$13+ (RM30) in Singapore. I’d pay US$3 for them because they are US$3 nice but not S$13 nice. Ditto the rest of the products.

I’m not sure how long it’ll last at those prices. NYX cosmetics website ships internationally but at a high price. You can also get your NYX fix from cherryculture.com or ebay. I got mine from ebay and after shipping etc paid about RM19 for a NYX mosaic blush which I can tell is going to be a staple for me! icon smile NYX Cosmetics in Singapore However, if you detest the wait, and prefer to check your products in person before you buy them, head on to a Guardian pharmacy in Singapore for your NYX fix!

Stay beautiful,

620fca352b8b66c4a124b71f96c44c0c NYX Cosmetics in Singapore

jojoba April 15, 2008 at 8:45 pm

I saw and tried NYX in NZ and not very impressed. I guess I am really a makeup snob now. That’s also because in our part of the world, we are paying a lot more for drugstore stuff that we know being very cheap. I’d rather pay just a tad more for a department store item I guess.

Samantha September 28, 2009 at 10:34 am

I know this was quite awhile ago but where did you find NYX cosmetics in NZ?!
I’ve been searching for ages and I can’t seem to find any.

sarah August 5, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Hi there where can you get NYX products in NZ?

Ms. Blacklace April 15, 2008 at 8:57 pm

I was also quite disappointed at the price of NYX in singapore. It is so over priced here!!!

The other day, I wanted to get the eyeshadow trio. But before I bought it, I checked the ingredients and I found out that they contained mineral oil.

ANY LADIES OUT THERE WHOSE SKIN WILL REACT BECAUSE OF OIL, DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT.

Because of the price, I would rather buy the blush from loreal… It is just a few dollars more.

Monstro April 15, 2008 at 10:31 pm

How frustrating! Will have to check ebay then:-)
At least I can go test them now.

Nikki April 16, 2008 at 8:20 am

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are lucky you have NYX now!!!! I am hoping and praying hard we’ll have it here in Manila!!! But my online orders arrived and my hubby is getting it for me at the postal office! yay! can’t wait! I Didn’t order any mosaic powders, but if you were able to stumble to it (NOT LITERALLY hehehe) do give us a review..thanks :D

ParisB April 16, 2008 at 11:23 am

Jojoba: I agree we are paying too much for drugstore makeup here. But since its mostly imported, its understandable.

Ms. Blacklace: Thanks for the info about the mineral oil! I do agree that Loreal blushes are better for the price here.

Monstro: Check the item you want out in real life then look on ebay for better bargains! ;)

Nikki: I’ll be doing a review on the mosaic blushes soon once I get round to taking pictures and the like! We don’t have NYX in Malaysia unfortunately.

Tine April 16, 2008 at 11:36 am

I saw the ciplak pirated version of NYX here. It’s called, wait for it, BYX :P

I swear, some of the items are very similar in design to NYX. I should buy one just to show y’all. It’s what, $2 for eyeshadow? All in the name of research, y’all. Hehe :P

ParisB April 16, 2008 at 11:43 am

Tine: How can they have ciplak in Oz?! hehe… Yes yes, show us an example! Here, we have PAC at Guardian. MAC anyone? I’ll try to get a picture ;)

reeka April 16, 2008 at 4:26 pm

PB, PAC is not a ciplak for MAC ;)

It’s an Indonesian Brand. Made by Martina Berto company, the one who has Sariayu skin care. It’s one of the biggest from Indonesia btw.

The quality is very good. U should try the quad that named “Rainbow Chic”. Unfortunately, here in Malaysia the price is pretty high compared in Jakarta. It’s only about 35RM in jakarta.

HTH

Lina February 16, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Whr do I get PAC cosmetic in Msia? I cant find any in Spore. I heard the blusher is good (:

Tine April 17, 2008 at 6:56 am

Re. NYX and BYX, I just realised that the letters N and B are right next to each other. You reckon it’s a deliberate ciplak-ness of the product? ;)

ParisB April 17, 2008 at 9:59 am

Reeka: Yes I know but the packaging and the name and all makes me think MAC! I’ll go swipe some testers and see how it fares soon. Thanks for the input!

Tine: ROFLOL! You mean its NBYX?

Tine April 17, 2008 at 10:14 pm

No lah, I mean that the letters N and B are right next to each other on the keyboard. Maybe that’s how they men-ciplak the cheapo brand – it was a typo. Tee hee hee! :p

ParisB April 18, 2008 at 12:13 am

Tine: LOL!! Gotcha heh…

Lexi July 10, 2008 at 11:46 pm

Try http://www.Nonpareilboutique.com they have good deal on NYX Cosmetics and they have decent swatches too. Their international shipping is pretty reasonable.

Jules June 26, 2009 at 1:07 pm

Hi Paris B….

I check on NYX website….their mosaic powder blush are retailing at US$8.50.
How did you get it at RM19….puzzled?

ParisB June 26, 2009 at 2:19 pm

Hi Jules

I picked mine up on ebay for a bit of a steal :) Look there if you aren’t leery of shopping on ebay.

mallory July 16, 2010 at 9:44 pm

hay,
do they have Nyx in Bali ?
i must know that, because my parents are there.

i wil know the place name.

bye

victoria August 12, 2010 at 11:38 am

hi paris, do you know how much the lip liner natural of nyx at Singapore? and the lip lacquer pot too? im going to Singapore on September and im thinking of buying nyx cosmetics there..=)
thanks!

ParisB August 12, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Nope I have not been paying attention to it since I saw it last. Sorry.

lilee soeliani September 9, 2010 at 12:35 am

thank you very much! i was hoping NYX would be available in s’pore.. im so tired of searching for nyx booths everywhere but there isnt. i get frustrated sometimes. thanks for letting me knw where to find it.

Intan raihanna July 23, 2011 at 6:36 pm

OMGEE ! ive been searching everywhere fer NYX and now i know where it is . It is at paragon ? Is it ? Urgh ! Can’t wait to go there :)

ParisB July 25, 2011 at 9:57 am

Note the post was written in 2007. I’m not sure if its still available in Singapore anymore.

jaishree June 4, 2012 at 1:08 pm

they have it at tanjong pagar plaza it is called nyx and they even have elf

lalarose July 9, 2012 at 1:53 am

jaishree… i went to tangoing pagar plaza but i couldn’t find it. may be it is saturday and almost all the shop were closed. may i know the shop name pls? thanks a million ..

intan raihanna July 29, 2011 at 9:50 pm

i stay at tampines :) i went to the nearest guardian store but dont have :( i dont have a paypal account so i cannot buy online :’(

candice October 28, 2012 at 8:25 am

Go to john little sale at Singapore expo they have it there.

Jasy August 12, 2013 at 12:06 am

Hi there, sephora sg had brought in the brand officially.