in Bath & Body,Cheap and Good?,Product Reviews

Reviewed by:
Rating:
On September 11, 2013
Last modified:September 12, 2013

Summary:

You know what? Times are hard. As much as we want to enjoy our fancy schmancy shower gels, the fact is that fancy schmancy shower gels can cost a pretty penny. What I do now is reserve them for a special treat. For daily use, I’ve been using an affordable oldie but goodie – Dove Body Wash!

dove body wash Make Cleopatra envious because the new Dove Body Wash nourishes better than a milk bath!

Well, ok this isn’t your regular Dove Body Wash, it is the new and improved Dove Body Wash containing something called NutrimMoisture™ which the folks at Dove says nourishes the skin even as it cleans. In fact, it claims to be even more nourishing to skin than bathing in milk! Cleopatra, eat your heart out! icon biggrin Make Cleopatra envious because the new Dove Body Wash nourishes better than a milk bath!

I have this in the variant Beauty Nourishing which is, I believe the “Original” version with the signature dark blue and white colours. There are other variants but call me old-fashioned – I never took to Dove’s other scents. I remember one that was cucumber scented in a light green bottle – anyone remember that? Didn’t appeal to me one bit.

What I like about this new Dove Body Wash is that it has a luxuriously thick and creamy texture, rather like a lotion. It lathers up very very well, so I never use more than 1 pump or a little less. If you use a bath puff, use half a pump. It’s more than enough to clean your whole body, I can assure you!

dove body wash2 Make Cleopatra envious because the new Dove Body Wash nourishes better than a milk bath!

What I don’t quite like is the very strong perfumed scent that is the Dove signature scent. It is strong and powdery and doesn’t quite appeal to me.

But there’s one thing I have to note – this body wash is kind to sensitive skin. I say so because I have very sensitive skin on my hands (not my face :P). My test for all bath and shower products is to see how the skin of my hands react to the product after a few uses. If it is harsh, then the skin of my hands will harden, dry and peel. Not a pretty sight I can tell you. I can’t touch detergents with bare hands. The effects are almost instantaneous!

I can never quite say which I might react to. Many high end shower products cause this, as well as grocery stores brands. The only one so far that I go back to time and again when my hands act up is the Eucerin PH5 Wash Lotion. Now, I’ll add the Dove Body Wash to the mix. It’s been over  a month and my hands are in pristine condition. No peeling nor dryness. Maybe it’s the NutrimMoisture™ at work nourishing my skin? I don’t know, but it works and this is already dragging on far too long for a review of a shower gel LOL!

In a nutshell

The new Dove Body Wash with NutrimMoisture™ claims to nourish your skin as it cleans. It isn’t drying, it doesn’t affect the sensitive skin of my hands, it cleans well and a little goes a long long way. The only thing I’m not crazy about is the powdery fragrance, but I’ll live.

Pros: Affordable, A little product goes a long way, Not drying, Does not affect my sensitive hands

Cons: Strong powdery fragrance

Who will like this: Anyone looking for a non-drying budget body wash for the whole family

Here’s the ingredient list for anyone interested.

dove body wash ingredients Make Cleopatra envious because the new Dove Body Wash nourishes better than a milk bath!

Have you been a Dove Body Wash user? Do you go for the original fragrance or the new-fangled ones?

I used to use Dove ages ago. I don’t know how much more improved this new one is, but at least they didn’t wreck it, and its still quite nice. I also use the Dove Beauty Bar for my brushes. What do you mean you didn’t know? Go read it icon wink Make Cleopatra envious because the new Dove Body Wash nourishes better than a milk bath!

New Dove Body Wash with NutrimMoisture™ Price: RM22.90/1litre ; RM5.90/200ml Availability: All leading pharmacies, supermarkets and hypermarkets

Disclosure: Featured product was provided by PR for consideration. For posting guidelines please read my disclaimer.

liyeun September 11, 2013 at 8:50 am

I actually dont quite like any body shampoos from Dove. I have sensitive fingers and toes, which is very drying too. I do not find Dove moistures but rather just cleans up my skin. I find Clean Me Up from Soap & Glory (sephora) not only smells heavenly, it is also moisturizing. With 500ml, I think it cost arnd rm40?

September 11, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Oh hello! This is the first time I’m meeting someone with the same sensitive hands that I have! :D I haven’t tried the Soap & Glory one but unlike many, I don’t quite like the scent in Soap & Glory products. Does it have the usual smell?

Fiona September 11, 2013 at 8:51 am

I’m using the Original version too. Affordable, smells good, lathers well. Couldn’t ask for more :D
Fiona recently blogged…Review: Tame Those Rebellious Tresses with L’Oreal Professionnel Liss Unlimited RangeMy Profile

September 11, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Too true! I like the affordable bit LOL!

Sze Ling September 11, 2013 at 8:55 am

Hmm…I’ve never tried Dove body washes before. Tried their shampoo and conditioner, and don’t quite fancy the scent. The signature Dove scent. Maybe that’s why I haven’t tried any of their body wash. I do like their deodorants though. The scented ones.

The skin on my arms and legs do get dry easily, if I don’t pay attention to the body wash that I’m using. So, I tend to be quite picky. :P My absolute love are the Philosophy body washes. When I don’t feel like spending that much, I’d go for some drugstore brand. Current fav is the Caress Daily Silk. Smells so good, and doesn’t dry me out.

September 11, 2013 at 5:43 pm

I’m not much of a fan of their hair care either. I tried them once but it left no lasting good impression. The body wash isn’t bad and the soap is great for washing brushes! :D I never really made the co-relation between the rest of my skin and the body wash I’m using, but my hands are quick to tell me if something doesn’t work. It looks really awful most times >.< I tried so hard to like Philosophy, but the strong foody smells really got to me after a while :( I don’t think we get Caress here but I’ve heard loads of good things about it

LeGeeque September 11, 2013 at 10:58 am

Nothing like an oldie but goldie, eh? :) I’m always excited when reformulations (for the better) work out. Something strange is actually happening to my skin here in the tropics – mum’s left a stash of crabtree body washes in my bathroom and I noticed my skin’s peeling. In this humidity :-| I’ve never had that before :( So I’ve gone back to the basic J&J to help it recover :’(

September 11, 2013 at 5:44 pm

You know, I can’t use Crabtree & Evelyn body washes too often because my hands hate them :( So, I use them once a week or something, but if I’m ambitious and use them daily, I pay for it. Hope J&J cures your dry skin. They’re pretty good too!

nicoles mirror September 11, 2013 at 11:22 am

I loveeee Dove shampoo and conditioner! Never try any of their bath product though.. Gonna try this after I finish my Johnson baby milk bath.. hehehe
nicoles mirror recently blogged…Bali Trip – Hotel! Indigo Tree, UbudMy Profile

September 11, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Eee I like Johnson’s baby milk bath… even if I’m no longer a baby LOL! I used to buy the refill packs – so much cheaper ;)

Parita September 11, 2013 at 12:01 pm

looks good :) I must ask hubby to get this for him as he has extremely dry skin..hoping NutrimMoisture would work for him too :)
Parita recently blogged…Haul Time With Benefit, Chanel, Red Cherry & A Surprise Gift from Mr DMy Profile

September 11, 2013 at 5:46 pm

I hope it will Parita! Dry skin is no joke, and showering in hot water doesn’t help either! Plus, I’m sure men are horrible at using a body lotion right? LOL

Parita September 11, 2013 at 9:30 pm

oh no not my hubby..he finishes off a tub of body cream in less than a month! but in his defense his skin is way too dry and it drinks up moisture like anything! have already asked him to try this out next though he prefers thick body butters :)
Parita recently blogged…Lakme Complexion Care Cream (CC Cream) Bronze Review, Swatches and FOTDMy Profile

September 17, 2013 at 6:46 pm

I’m impressed! So few men I know will willingly put lotions on their bodies :D

Issa September 11, 2013 at 12:03 pm

I like trying the other fragrances but I still go back to the original one. I have also tried this Nutrim Moisture and I even used it on my son who has dry skin,I really love it! :)

September 11, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Ooh goody Issa! Happy to know it works for the whole family – cost effective!

PositivelyNice September 11, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Unfortunately, I ‘ve never loved Dove. I think it does not clean off, and keeps leaving that film of something. Like a film of silicone, as if I didn’t wash off my hair conditioner properly. But it does seem like there is no silicone, from the ingredients list. haha, so I wonder what it is.

I appreciate shea butter washes much better because it leaves the skin truly soft, but actually washes off.
PositivelyNice recently blogged…FOTD: Revitalised by Duraline – The Magic Black EyelinerMy Profile

September 11, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Hmm I don’t experience that, but then they can’t please everyone I’m sure :) Maybe it’s that moisture thing that they say it contains? I’m not sure either – which shea butter body wash do you use? I’m not sure I’ve come across one yet.

Alyssa Jaren
September 11, 2013 at 1:25 pm

My HG body wash would def be Johnson&Johnson’s ph5.5 nourishing body wash, because they keep my back-acne at bay! I guess the milder/neutral the body wash is, the better it is for your skin. If I were to use normal bar soaps, or any other shower gels pimples would start sprouting all over my back it gets super frustrating at times.

Gonna try out on this because it looks awesome, crossing my fingers that it’ll do good for my skin hahaha
Alyssa Jaren recently blogged…Topshop Matte Lipstick – All About MeMy Profile

September 11, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Good to know you’ve found your HG body wash, Alyssa :) I haven’t used the J&J PH5.5 but I used to use the Johnson’s Baby Milk Bath! :D Good to know it works for your skin and keeps it looking clear and smooth! Maybe some body washes have silicones or something that clog up your pores? Hope this one will be ok for you – but get a little bottle or if you come across a sample, then all the better :)

Firn September 11, 2013 at 1:53 pm

I actually love the new stronger scent of Nutrium Moisture! I like it better than the old relatively-scentless Dove wash. It really makes my bathroom smell good and my boyfriend loves the smell too. :)

I like to use it in my morning shower to wake me up because the scent is quite refreshing.

September 11, 2013 at 5:51 pm

LOL I knew there had to be someone who’d like the scent :D I have to agree that I like how the bathroom smells after that and that it actually lingers. Not so crazy about how I smell after that LOL! :D

Firn September 12, 2013 at 9:34 am

Strange that you find the scent on your body lingering. I find that it doesn’t mess with my regular perfume (EDP) or maybe that I’m too used to the Dove scent since I’ve been using their body washes for years!

September 17, 2013 at 6:49 pm

That could be it! I haven’t used their body washes in a while which might explain why I noticed it more

Rin September 11, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Hi Paris~ Haven’t tried the new and improved Dove Body Wash yet. I was a user of the old one (dark blue & white :D) once upon a time ago. I liked it then. Never got attracted to try the others. Hehe. Just the signature dark blue & white :D I will give the new and improved one a shot. I have sensitive skin too, and so far the best body wash for me is Johnson’s pH 5.5. Hehe.

September 11, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Hiya Rin! The original one wasn’t bad right? I still remember the ad saying how moisturising it is haha… There’s someone else who likes the Johnsons PH 5.5 too :D I haven’t used that one, but I used to use the Johnsons Baby Milk Bath LOL… I figured if it’s good for baby, it’s good for me ;)

Michelle Beh September 11, 2013 at 9:01 pm

I agree with you Paris B as Dove’s products did have a very strong scent but this is a decent body wash. I do swatch the body wash occasionally but I still like Dove body wash :)

September 17, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Cheap and good! Nothing to not like ;)

lisa September 11, 2013 at 10:35 pm

I’m currently trying out the Dove pomegranate body wash. Don’t like it. I find it heavily fragranced and not moisturising. In fact, a bit drying on my skin. Cleansing wise, so so too. Think i will go back to the classic johnson and johnson baby wash next. Remembered that i used to love the peach bath.

September 17, 2013 at 6:47 pm

J&J is truly a classic! I used to like their Chamomile and lavender one which was very lovely!

Ting September 17, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Yes I am finishing one but it’s with the sky blue cap, not the original version. It has some bits inside for exfoliation. It’s OK. I am not too crazy about it. And yes I do remember the cucumber version… even I had a headache… :(

September 17, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Looks like that cucumber version left a lasting impression on both of us! From what I gather, the original Dove version is the best. Original anything is the best, eh? ;)

Ting September 18, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Yes… Original is BESTEST! :) e.g. Pringles original… so craving for it now…

September 19, 2013 at 11:06 am

HAHAHA! Pringles how did that come about? :P I have stopped eating Pringles coz it’s not real potatos :P I still eat a lot of crisps but I stick to those that are real potatos. A personal quirk ;)