Insta-Updates: Random makeup in my bag

in Eyeliner,Eyeshadow,Lip Gloss,Lipstick,Mascara,Photos

This morning before I flew out the door, I rooted about in my bag to see what was adding to all that bulk and weight. And all these spilled out. Oops!

random makeup Insta Updates: Random makeup in my bag

Hmm… its no wonder my bag was getting weighed down! In there were some random purchases I made over the past couple of weeks (yes WEEKS!) and also a couple of items I collected from makeup mule friends icon smile Insta Updates: Random makeup in my bag

Just randomly we have in there:-

• Benefit Coralista lipgloss
  • L’Oreal Infallible eyeshadows in Sassy Marshmallow and Turquoise
  • Laura Mercier Caviar eyeshadow pencil
  • Revlon Grow Luscious Eyeliner in Black and Emerald
  • Silkygirl Hi-Definition mascara
  • Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie

You maybe seeing some of them popping up on the blog in the coming weeks. Holler if there’s something you want bumped up the list icon biggrin Insta Updates: Random makeup in my bag

Do you carry random makeup in your bag?

I usually only carry a pouch filled with lipsticks so this is really the exception rather than the rule icon smile Insta Updates: Random makeup in my bag

Insta-Updates: Snippets of Life is randomly brought to you by ParisBMWS whose feed on Instagram is about as random as these Insta-Updates

Sukie August 10, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Hmm I usually only ever carry lipsticks / balm / gloss and my Pete Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF30 but sometimes the odd eye shadow will tumble out of my bag, and I don’t even touch up on my eye makeup! Strange, isn’t it? =D Could you please bump the Laura Mercier eye pencil to the top of your list, pretty please? =)
Sukie recently blogged…It’s Blog Sale Time!My Profile

August 13, 2012 at 3:59 pm

I’ll work on the LM pencil, Sukie! Most of these, barring the lip stuff, were new, if you would believe it. I picked them up randomly over the weeks and just didn’t take them out of my bag. Sigh… I should really be more organized :P

S. August 10, 2012 at 3:23 pm

I usually bring the lipstick/lipgloss of the day! I mentioned you in my latest post, I hope you don’t mind! x
S. recently blogged…Review: Dior Addict in IncognitoMy Profile

August 13, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Hi S, no of course I do not mind, thank you so much for the mention! :D I too carry my lipstick/gloss of the day usually. The rest were items I picked up over the weeks and just didn’t take out of my bag :P

germs August 10, 2012 at 3:25 pm

which shade of the laura mercier eye pencil did you buy it in? was eyeing it in Amethyst & Plum since forever! :)
germs recently blogged…Nude lipstick made you look like a Walker? Don’t dump it yet!My Profile

August 13, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I got it in Khaki :) I’m also eyeing the Smoke one and Amethyst and and and…. too many! >.<

Jyoan August 10, 2012 at 3:31 pm

haha, just changed my lipstick to Lancome Rouge in Love. I still keep Maybelline Jelly Glow in my bag. Can’t find any replacement for that superlasting product.

August 13, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Can’t seem to recall the Maybelline one but guess you are liking the Lancome one? :)

xin
August 10, 2012 at 3:48 pm

i just took out a body oil from bag. lol. no wonder bag was getting heavy XD
xin recently blogged…Dior Jungle Collection for Fall – A Beautiful Crocodile Effect Top CoatMy Profile

August 13, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Oh dear! Now that beats my random beauty stuff! :P

Stacey
August 10, 2012 at 5:28 pm

You mean you carry your purchases around in your bag everyday PB? I rotate my bags everyday so I inevitably evaluate what I put in my bag and I try to rotate the lip products so hopefully each get to see the light of the day.. :P
Stacey recently blogged…Furla’s 2012-2013 Autumn-Winter Campaign – Candy BagMy Profile

August 13, 2012 at 4:17 pm

It would appear so, Stacey! :P What happened really was that I bought them and put them in my cavernous bag, and forget to clear it out when I get back which if its late, all I want to do is go to bed :P I tend to just grab and go my bags unless I change them out over the weekend or during the night which does explain why there are bunches of new purchases in there LOL!

Becca
August 10, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Gosh I used to carry EVERYTHING in my makeup bag–every single product I’d used to create that day’s look…plus every other product I’d used to create every single look from the past week. My bag was HEAVY! Eventually I had to pair it down because I was going through so many bags because the zippers kept breaking from me forcing them closed (I’m not even kidding right now :P). Now I just try to carry the basics, but my bag still bulks up every now and then when I get lazy
Becca recently blogged…The Sample: NEW L’Oréal Colour Riche Colour Caresse Lipsticks Review & SwatchesMy Profile

August 13, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Oh wow I can just imagine the weight, Becca! I’m glad you wised up ;) I don’t usually carry anything bar lip products because that’s all I touch up, if I ever touch up. These were random purchases over the weeks. I’m terrible for not even clearing that out! :P

HapaGirl August 10, 2012 at 6:54 pm

Dang, you have good taste, girl! I’m with ya on several of those products (lip butter, Revlon liner, Coralista gloss, etc.) right down to the shades! I’m such a bum in my real purse and only carry a chapstick and a lipgloss, whatever I’m trying to finish at the moment. But that’s in my “America” bag. In my “Malaysia” bag, I have wet wipes, bug spray, and chapstick. If I wear makeup it just slides right off, sweaty orang putih (or half orang putih) style. :(

August 13, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Haha thanks and YOU have great taste too! ;) Aww you must be out and about a lot here. Its terribly hot out there and if I know I’m in a city where its hot all the time (like Bangkok) I usually don’t use any makeup either. Its just too much bother! So I would carry pretty much what you carry – wet wipes, face spray and a bottle of water! :D Hope you’re having a great time here.

Lisa August 10, 2012 at 7:32 pm

I limit myself to max three lip products, blotter, powder sample and a hand cream nowadays.
Gone are the days I lug “everything” with me.

August 13, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Haha I just carry as many lip products as I can fit into my pouch (which thankfully isn’t too large) and nothing else. These were random purchases – ouch! :P

jk August 10, 2012 at 7:37 pm

I just did a stock take of the make up pouch in my hand bag. 3 lip palettes (averaging 4 colors in each), 2 tubes of lip gloss, 1 (old) chapstick, sample tube of L’occitane shea butter hand cream, wet wipes, 50 ml bottle of hand sanitizer, 2 mini holders containing plasters, pain medication (for kids and adults), meds to stop the runs and sore throat lozenges and 1 SAK. Then there’s a whole load of other stuff in my hand bag – wallet, business card/”member aka discount”/petrol card holders and pens and more pens. I definitely have difficulty finding my phone when it rings.

Apologies for digressing but where else to find the “purseket”? Stall no longer at The Curve – boo :-(

shah2031 August 11, 2012 at 1:07 pm

hi jk! i’ve seen hand bag organisers being sold at popular bookstores (they’re located very close to the cashier counters). alternatively, u can purchase online via ginjacqie.com. hth :)

jk August 13, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Thanks for the guide shah2031. Will go hunting soon.

August 13, 2012 at 4:27 pm

WOW You have a lot of stuff in there JK – must be heavy! I try not to carry too much but over the week, a lot of nonsense finds their way into my bags. Sigh… I have problems finding my keys. I make sure I keep my phone in the side pocket or I just know it’d be swallowed up! I don’t know where to find the purseket itself anymore but there are lot of bag organizers around these days. I mean I know I’ve seen them but I’ve stopped using one simply because it just doesn’t do it for me. I just have different pouches in there to keep things organized and other times, I hope for the best :P

Sunny
August 10, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Haha I seldom carry makeup in my bag! My “makeup” bag is filled with stuff like hand sanitizer, roll-on essential oil for headaches, ointment for bug bites, blotting sheets and so on. I carry a lip balm and whatever color I want to wear on a particular day and that’s about it when it comes to makeup in my bag :)
Sunny recently blogged…Taipei Haul! Aesop, Becca, Cle de Peau, Dior, Dolly Wink…My Profile

August 13, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Teehee… bad beauty blogger! ;) I usually only carry lipsticks of the day or the week, and so I’m not much better than you are! :D

Sze Ling August 10, 2012 at 9:44 pm

LOL. At first glance, I was thinking “What?! She carries around two Infallible eyeshadows?”. After further reading, then it dawn upon me that they are brand new purchases. Haha.

I usually clear out my bag at the end of the day. But there was once I did find a random lipstick that I totally forgot about in one of the inside pockets. Opps! :P
Sze Ling recently blogged…Hokkaido Milk LoafMy Profile

August 13, 2012 at 4:30 pm

I know! Its so random isn’t it :P I don’t clear out my bag until I want to switch bags then I go WTF was I carrying around all that junk for?! :P I should learn to be more organised :P

Sam
August 11, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I see some familiar items in there :) I will only carry a pouch if needing a look change (e.g. after work function). In my bag at the moment I have four lip products – oops!
Sam recently blogged…National Bookshop Day 11th AugustMy Profile

August 13, 2012 at 4:43 pm

4 lip products? That’s me on a normal day! :D I don’t even reapply but I have them there “just in case” :P

lovelygirl August 12, 2012 at 10:24 am

I always carry 1lipstick and 1 lip liner… Always need it after having food to boost up my look…. :)

August 13, 2012 at 5:01 pm

At least you’d look polished again after eating :)

plue
August 23, 2012 at 11:52 am

ah the LM pencil, beautiful colour and very creamy! I think it sets rather quickly, even though it’s quite creamy and soft.

i only carry 2 lipbalms and 1 lip colour although I never remember to re-apply them!
plue recently blogged…Off To The Land of Smiles!My Profile