Her World Beauty Awards 2012: Judging Beauty Products with the People’s Voice

in Musings

her world hba3 Her World Beauty Awards 2012: Judging Beauty Products with the Peoples Voice

If you’ve come by my blog through the Her World magazine July 2012 issue (Malaysia edition), I bid you welcome icon smile Her World Beauty Awards 2012: Judging Beauty Products with the Peoples Voice

Yes, its one of those absolutely thrilling moments for me, personally because I’m all narcissistic that way icon wink Her World Beauty Awards 2012: Judging Beauty Products with the Peoples Voice But for anyone who remembered my trumpeting about being one of the judges of the Her World Beauty Awards 2012, its OUT! icon biggrin Her World Beauty Awards 2012: Judging Beauty Products with the Peoples Voice icon biggrin Her World Beauty Awards 2012: Judging Beauty Products with the Peoples Voice

Its just 1 page so no need to get all excited lol… I’ve got a shot of the brief interview (they didn’t publish my more irreverent answers which included “soap” as my pick for the best beauty product invented! I think its too far out icon razz Her World Beauty Awards 2012: Judging Beauty Products with the Peoples Voice ) So if you’d like to see what my biggest beauty pet peeve is, or my view on the best beauty trend invented, here it is with a small behind the scenes look icon wink Her World Beauty Awards 2012: Judging Beauty Products with the Peoples Voice

Here’s some of the questions posed and my answers icon smile Her World Beauty Awards 2012: Judging Beauty Products with the Peoples Voice I wasn’t aware I was representing the voice of the people. I hope I got it right somehow icon razz Her World Beauty Awards 2012: Judging Beauty Products with the Peoples Voice Oh and I love that they gave me red lipstick for the photoshoot icon biggrin Her World Beauty Awards 2012: Judging Beauty Products with the Peoples Voice

her world hba4 Her World Beauty Awards 2012: Judging Beauty Products with the Peoples Voice

I do have one small correction to the introduction. Blogging about beauty and mywomenstuff.com isn’t my job per se. I call it my “part time job” but it is not a job in the same way of a real job that pays the bills icon smile Her World Beauty Awards 2012: Judging Beauty Products with the Peoples Voice If it was, I’d definitely update much more often (and inundate your mail box and rss readers hehe… ;)) But otherwise, they got the rest of it right – you all do appreciate anything to do with beauty right? icon biggrin Her World Beauty Awards 2012: Judging Beauty Products with the Peoples Voice

I didn’t manage to have someone with me this time to take behind the scenes shots during the photoshoot which was  a lot of fun, so I’ll just leave you with one small one.

her world5 Her World Beauty Awards 2012: Judging Beauty Products with the Peoples Voice

I did have to go through most of the nominated products, some in sample sizes, some in full sizes and had some friends be my guinea pigs. It was a daunting task as I only had something like 3 weeks to make my picks. Happily though, I did see that many of my favourites won in their respective categories, and these are products I’d already been using and loving icon smile Her World Beauty Awards 2012: Judging Beauty Products with the Peoples Voice A list of the Her World Beauty Awards 2012 winners are here.

Amongst the winners (and my personal picks) were:-

I’m incredibly thankful to everyone at Her World who allowed me to represent the people – beats being a boring Member of Parliament and having to look at filling potholes and unclogging drains, for sure! icon wink Her World Beauty Awards 2012: Judging Beauty Products with the Peoples Voice

It was fun, I had a great experience and I thank you for reading my rambling icon smile Her World Beauty Awards 2012: Judging Beauty Products with the Peoples Voice

xoxo

xin
June 26, 2012 at 3:33 pm

glamorous! the red blazer really made you really outatanding
xin recently blogged…Monday’s Life-Saving Tips: Mini-fan to keep your make up from melting while you are on your throneMy Profile

June 27, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Thanks Xin! Not my brilliant smile then? :P

Sam
June 26, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Wow, congratulations! Love your picture, hair and lips are fantastic! Do you remember the lipstick shade you had on for the shoot?
I’m obsessed with beauty lists, so off to check out Her World’s. Interested in the Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream because the hand sanitiser at work is making my hands look and feel terrible!

June 27, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Thank you Sam :) The Makeup Artist mixed a bunch of colours because the photographer kept complaining the flash and lighting made it look too light. So it was super intense, and I think it was Mac and maybe another brand but I don’t remember now, sorry!

dom
June 26, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Congrats! Love the red lip :) What color was it?
dom recently blogged…Quickie Picture Post: Guerlain Cruel GardeniaMy Profile

June 27, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Thanks Dom! It started as a Mac. But they eventually layered on about 3 or 4 different colours because it wasn’t bright enough. Scary in person but ok in photos :P

Tine
June 26, 2012 at 4:28 pm

The red jacket looks real familiar. Was it the gorgeous cheapie you got in China?
Man you look hot on Her World. My friend, yo! :D

June 27, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Thank you Tine!! (and yes, how on earth did you remember?!?!)

Tine
June 28, 2012 at 6:52 am

Hahahaha it’s scary the things I can’t remember and the things I can ;)

Sunny
June 26, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Congrats Paris! I love you in these pictures! So retro and glam!
Sunny recently blogged…For Autumn 2012, Kiehl’s Aromatic Blends Collection Brings You Flavors from All over the World!My Profile

June 27, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Thank you so much Sunny! I think I’m born in the wrong era :D

Michelle Tan June 26, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Hi Sue!
This is my first ever comment on your site (although I’ve been a silent reader for years, haha)
I’m so happy you were a part of this year’s Beauty Awards :D It was certainly our pleasure to have you on board.

Mich.

June 27, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Hi Michelle!! Thank you so much for having me. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and the pleasure (and thrill) is all mine! :D

beetrice
June 26, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Love the pic, the red really made you stand out :D And what would the photoshoot be without your trademark red lips? :P
beetrice recently blogged…Share your memories for prizes with Sharp 100 Years Anniversary Share…My Profile

June 27, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Haha thanks Bee!! Must do red lips la right? Else it’s not me :D

gin June 26, 2012 at 7:28 pm

i love how they described you in the ‘judges’ page!
“She started blogging in March 2007, and has not looked back since. She’s well-known in the blogosphere as one of the pioneers of beauty blogs in Malaysia, and has an extensive following from all over the world.
We love how she manages to pull off the oriental beauty look, complete with winged black eyeliner and red, red lips.”

Way to go Paris!!!! Congrats!!!!
ps: your red red lips are GORGEOUS!

June 27, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Thank you so much Gin!! All your support means a lot to me :D

Jyoan June 26, 2012 at 7:32 pm

There are still so many tempting things on your list that I haven’t gone near. I like your hairstyle! So agree with classic red lips, especially when you feature it. =D

June 27, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Thank you Jyoan! :) I don’t think we can ever try everything out there…. But we can most certainly try! Hehe… ;) I thought they made my hair look like a helmet, and that’s what my sis told me lol!

Ching June 26, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Congratulations Paris! Wheeeuuweeettt! So gonna get this issue!

June 27, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Thank you so much, Ching! :) it’s quite a good read too!

Jennifer June 26, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Awesome and you look so beautiful Paris :) Love the red jacket and the blue boat neck top. The boat neck top accentuates your beautiful long necks! Nice nice :) Yay, now I can show the page on the magazine and tell my friends, she’s a famous personality and I know her lol. I am very proud of Hada Labo sunblock – one page devoted for this HG drug store product! Will spend the weekend running through the HWBA list and err, perhaps update my shopping cart!

June 27, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Awww Jennifer, you flatter me :P I do not have a long neck at all! But wearing the right clothes sure help ;) I’m going to take some time and run through the Reader’s Choices too. Some are interesting!

Lavender June 26, 2012 at 10:57 pm

hi Paris

Congrats! Looking great in the photo shoot. Was it tiring?
Ha..ha.. I’m surprise that they thought blogging pays our bill.
Lavender recently blogged…Guerlain Bloggers Get Together with Maxime PoulinMy Profile

June 27, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Hi Lavender, thank you so much! This one wasn’t as tiring but I felt awkward because I’m crap at posing for the camera. They had to take a million shots of me looking just the same lol!

Charlotte June 26, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Congratz! Keep up the good work! :)

June 27, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Thank you Charlotte, I will!

Michelle Beh June 27, 2012 at 10:51 am

Congrats Paris B!!! Great achievement!! And you looked nice in that red blazer~~=) Gonna grab one copy soon!!

June 27, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Thank you Michelle! :D

plue
June 27, 2012 at 11:17 am

red jacket red lips! woots!
plue recently blogged…Instagram: Taking A Sip In McCafeMy Profile

June 27, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Matchy matchy!!

milktea June 27, 2012 at 11:32 am

Been waiting for this! Will grab a copy asap! :)

June 27, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Teehee, lots to read and discover! ;)

Sze Ling June 27, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Love that photo of yours! Very nice indeed. And ditto on the red lipstick. ;)
Sze Ling recently blogged…Green Tea CupcakesMy Profile

June 27, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Thanks bunches, Sze Ling!

gio June 27, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Congrats Paris! You look gorgeous! Love the red jacket!
gio recently blogged…Fourth Anniversary Giveaway Winner!My Profile

June 27, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Thank you, Gio!

LeGeeque June 28, 2012 at 8:28 am

I’m so late to the party, I apologise. So very proud of you of this achievement and dude, you look smoking hawt in that colour blocking outfit! You should colour block more. (and not my kind of colour block, by the way. Black-and-black)

July 2, 2012 at 11:36 am

No apologies needed! Thank you so much :D I haven’t done much colour blocking mostly because I think it looks best layered and its just too darned hot to layer anything here. Maybe when the weather cools down, or when I find something light to ;)

germs June 28, 2012 at 8:55 am

ahh i’m late! congrats Paris, you look radiant! thanks for the pic for us readers in SG, and yes i’m freaked out by iris enlarging lenses too :O

July 2, 2012 at 11:38 am

Thank you so much Germs! < - I’ll need to know the reason behind this odd nick soon! ;) I am so freaked out its not funny. I refuse to even stop by a counter if the SA wears one of them. I was once served by an SA at RMK who wore these iris enlarging lenses in a black black. She had long black hair and was very fair. I felt like I was in a horror movie :P

lyn
June 30, 2012 at 9:15 am

Congratulations again, PB! You have that casual-glam vibe going on and look so gorgeous with that bob :-) I haven’t had the chance to pick up a copy yet but am definitely gonna.
lyn recently blogged…Basking in the Glow of Summer with Dior Eye Gloss in Sunset and TanMy Profile

July 2, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Aww thanks so much Lyn! :D The hair’s been cut even shorter now (and I think they made me look like I was wearing a helmet!) LOL

BunBunMakeupTips
July 1, 2012 at 1:47 am

You rock red lips! I think you look like an air stewardess, always polished and personable. It must have been an awesome experience and a milestone in your blogging career, be it full or part!
BunBunMakeupTips recently blogged…Looking Forward To Singapore National Day Parade 2012: LovingSG In Many Different Ways!My Profile

July 2, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Aww thanks so much for the compliment! I’m not all that nice or patient or unflappable as an air stewardess should be but I to try to at least look polished – important to put a good face forward at work don’t you agree? At least even if I botch up, I look good doing it haha! :D It was great fun and definitely a proud moment for me. Thank you for sharing in it :D

shia September 22, 2012 at 3:03 pm

hi paris, how do u do “pressing movements” when applying serum and moisturizers?
could u lead me to any of your post if u have written about it before?
thanks!

and also, just out of curiosity, u prefer hada labo sunscreen better than clarins? :D was it shiseido sunscreen that u last blogged about (the most recent)?
my clarins is finishing so i thought of trying a new one

thank you!

shia September 22, 2012 at 3:09 pm

hi sorry, i found it. i think this is what u meant by pressing/patting motion. thks :)

September 26, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Yep! Sorry I didn’t get back to you earlier but that’s it :)