Aruba, Jamaica… Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday

in Blush,Cheap and Good?,Eyeshadow,Lip Gloss,Lipbalm,Makeup,Product Reviews

Holy bright colours Batman! icon biggrin Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday

sleek caribbean5 Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday

If you can’t head down to a Caribbean island for a getaway, Sleek Makeup brings the Caribbean to you – if you dare of course icon wink Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday

This Limited Edition summer collection comprises the Curacao i-Divine eyeshadow palette US$10.50 (look at those colours! icon eek Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday ), Pout Polish in Bonaire US$7.80 and Aruba Blush US$6.50. Not colours for the faint-hearted!

sleek caribbean3 Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday

Sleek Makeup Curacao i-Divine eyeshadow palette – Quick! How would you wear these colours?

I’m the faint hearted sort. So I hmmed and hawed at these for a bit before delving in. Had to, y’know. They are limited edition and all and I wanted to make sure you get your hands on them, if you like bright colours like these icon smile Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday

Now, while you think about how you’re going to wear these, I’m going to show you a couple of swatches and photos below including a few looks I drummed up very quickly using the Curacao palette. Yes, I actually made use of that red shadow! icon eek Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday A picture heavy post so grab a drink, sit back and let’s take a cruise to the Caribbean icon smile Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday

The Sleek Makeup Curacao eyeshadow palette has names! Its a lot easier than just going “the blue on the bottom left” right? icon wink Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday Granted, they are printed on the plastic sheet that comes with the palette and that can get lost quite easily but its still better than nothing.

sleek caribbean4 Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday

Named after cocktails! I love that! icon biggrin Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday

The palette is a good size and with 12 shades in there, you would have a good time playing mix and match. The shadow pans are a little small though. Here is a picture with a 20 sen coin for an idea of size.

sleek caribbean2 Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday

Not very large, but you don’t need very much colour either because these are seriously pigmented. Well, some of them anyway.

sleek caribbean7 Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday

Sleek Curacao iDivine palette swatches. Top L-R: Tequila Sunrise, Martini, Blue Hawaiian, Bloody Mary, Screwdriver, Green Iguana. Bottom L-R: Apres Midori, Blue Lagoon, Purple Haze, Green Martini, Singapore Sling, Espresso Martini

I personally found that colours with shimmer (Tequila Sunrise, Martini, Green Iguana, Apres Midori, Green Martini, Singapore Sling)  were gorgeous. They swatched like a dream and were very pigmented. They also aren’t super shimmery and texture wise are very wearable.

The matte shades (the rest icon razz Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday ) however took a bit more work. The colour with the poorest colour payoff is Blue Hawaiian which took about 4 layers to get the colour you see here. Espresso Martini (Black/dark brown) does not swatch well with fingers but applies very well with a brush. Gio has the same conclusion about Blue Hawaiian – could do with a bit of work.

The Aruba Blush (bright matte orange) troubled me the most. It reminded me of NARS Taj Mahal – a burnt pumpkin shade – that I did manage to to work but took too much work to justify keeping it.

sleek caribbean6 Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday

I do think Aruba blush would look simply amazing on girls with tanned skin. It brings out the golden tones of the skin and really does work beautifully. On my fair skin, it does take a bit of work, but it is wearable! Yes it is! icon biggrin Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday

sleek caribbean11 Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday

Swatch: Sleek Makeup Aruba Blush (Left: heavy Right: blended) and Bonaire Pout Polish

Applied lightly to the skin Aruba blush takes on a bit of a coral tone on my skin. I must be careful to apply with a light hand though. I use my Sigma F10 Powder/Blush brush – dab lightly on the surface of the blush, tap off excess and apply to skin. Repeat for more colour. I also find that topping up with a pink blush brings out the colour better.

Here are a couple of looks I did (all the cheeks and lips are the same i.e. Aruba Blush and Bonaire Pout Polish) its just the eye colours that change.

sleek caribbean8 Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday

Eyes: Espresso Martini (matte black) to line and shaded with Bloody Mary (matte red), blended with Martini (shimmer cream) on top lid. Screwdriver (matte yellow) on lower lid. Aruba blush, Bonaire Pout Polish

As you can probably see from this picture, the Aruba blush isn’t all THAT scary icon wink Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday Also, I found that the red turned a little purplish on my skin but when blended with the black, and used sparingly, it did work well enough. I never thought it would!

sleek caribbean9 Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday

Eyes: Green Martini (shimmer dark grey-green) all over lid, Green Iguana (shimmer teal) outer corner, Apres Midori (matte green) outer corner of lid blended with Martini (shimmer cream). Blue Lagoon (matte blue) on lower lid. Aruba blush and Bonaire Pout Polish.

I love greens and I’m quite happy that the greens in this palette play well together as well as separately. The colours blend well and very easily and I really like that Martini shade for blending all the colours together as well as for a touch of highlight. If sold as a single, I’d buy it in a heartbeat!

sleek caribbean10 Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday

Eyes: Espresso Martini (matte black) to line and blended with Tequila Sunrise (shimmer burnt orange) with a touch of Screwdriver (matte yellow) in the inner crease. Blended with Martini (shimmer cream). Aruba Blush and Bonaire Pout Polish.

This was a bit of an afterthought for me. I wanted to try that burnt orange shade but I wasn’t sure how to. I eventually decided that black shadow goes with everything (believe me, it does!) and I was really happy with how it turned out. Its not garish nor too bright and I’m going to wear this to work haha!

I don’t have much to say about the Bonaire Pout Polish. You need a lip brush to apply this and there isn’t much colour. Its a tinted lip conditioner – a lip balm lip gloss – and I find that it does not give too glossy a finish although it does make my lips feel a bit moisturized. Its very sheer on my lips. I think if you layer this over a red or pink, it’ll come out a very pretty coral shade. I’m not much of a fan unfortunately. Perhaps in a different colour, I might change my mind.

Pros: Eyeshadow shades are lovely and pigmented in the most part, Eyeshadow colours blend well and colours are picked up very easily with a brush, Texture of the blush is nice although the colour may not be for everyone, Affordable products with good colour pay off.

Cons: Quality of Blue Hawaiian isn’t up to par with the rest, Eyeshadows may have some fall out if you don’t tap off excess colour first, Bright shades may not be for everyone, Only available online for us here in Malaysia

Have you tried any Sleek Makeup? I realize this palette or colors may not be for everyone but Sleek Makeup does also have other more wearable neutral looking i-Divine eyeshadow palettes. I do think the Curacao is a good palette to have around though. The quality is, for the most part good, and its always useful to have some bright colours around for when you want to experiment a little. Also, as I’ve shown with the orange eyeshadow, sometimes going out of one’s comfort zone can open up a world of possibilities icon smile Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday

If you have friends in the UK who can get this for you, tell them to take a look in Superdrug but from experience, the displays usually don’t have many palettes available. Otherwise, it is also available online at Sleek MakeUp which also ships internationally for US$13.50. My suggestion is to get a few friends together to place an order – shipping, once shared, damages the pocket less icon wink Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday I’m actually keen to try the Rose Gold blush – it looks pretty!

Do you have a Sleek Makeup palette or product to recommend? I’m always open to suggestions… in case I place an order y’know… icon wink Aruba, Jamaica... Shake up the cocktails! Sleek MakeUp wants to take you on a Caribbean holiday

Sleek Makeup Caribbean collection is limited edition for Summer 2011. Curacao i-Divine eyeshadow palette retails at US$10.50, Aruba Blush at US$6.50 and Bonaire Pout Polish at US$7.80. Available at www.sleekmakeup.com which ships internationally (except to Africa)

Disclosure: Featured products were sent by the manufacturer for consideration. For posting guidelines please read my disclaimer.

yumiko July 13, 2011 at 9:46 am

ZOMG~

yumiko July 13, 2011 at 9:49 am

*continue* accidentally pressed enter LOL…
those colors are AWESOME! it’s kind of tough to get these shades in m’sia i bet~ and in one palette =D nice nice!
the color is so pigmented and it really looks good on you~
i just gotta <3 this post!
yumiko recently blogged…sometimes i just feel so.My Profile

ParisB July 13, 2011 at 3:13 pm

I’m not sure what other brands will have these colours in one palette :) But it really is nice and the pigment is scary good LOL! Thanks Yumiko!

lemon July 13, 2011 at 10:19 am

Very nice! I think the blush is wearable, brings out a nice healthy glow on you….. Love the greed shades and new hairstyle. ;-)

ParisB July 13, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Thanks Lemon. The blush actually works even better when you layer a pink over it. Really brings out the colour in the cheeks! :D And thanks about the haircut – its the same cut… just trimmed shorter :D

beetrice
July 13, 2011 at 10:20 am

the Aruba Blush and Bonaire Pout Polish had me a bit shocked at the orange shade, but it looks pretty decent on you. not sure I’d be able to pull it off, but the Curacao i-Divine palette looks interesting – <3 the green and blue shades!
beetrice recently blogged…Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss…My Profile

ParisB July 13, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Believe you me, I was shocked too! :P The palette is surprisingly wearable and its fun to see what one can pull out of it :D

Emma EL
July 13, 2011 at 10:20 am

i loveeeee these palette.. the colors really catch my eyes. I love bright colors and always wearing bright..

btw, i love your 1st and 2nd look its compliment ur shirt..

ParisB July 13, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Thank you Emma! :) This is probably my bravest attempt at wearing bright colours… and I’m loving it! :D

Hanny
July 13, 2011 at 10:22 am

Actually, I do have an orange-like blush. MAC’s Peaches, heh heh heh. It works on me because I’m so freakin’ dark. Also, I’m loving the colors of the eyeshadow palette, especially the yellow!
Hanny recently blogged…Bish-Spired FOTD: Okita Souji, HakuokiMy Profile

ParisB July 13, 2011 at 3:18 pm

I find orange blush works very prettily on those who are darker or more tanned. It brings out the colour of the cheeks. Much harder for lighter skinned girls to pull it off :)

Jenn
July 13, 2011 at 10:25 am

Eh the blush reminds me of the NARS Taj Mahal blush too! It looks pretty on you! :D

And thats such a gorgeous palette… you know i love my brights so i definitely am feeling the eyeshadows! :D
Jenn recently blogged…Product Review: The Body Shop Earth Lovers Lemon & Thyme Shower GelMy Profile

ParisB July 13, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Quickly from memory, Aruba is matte while Taj Mahal is shimmery and Taj Mahal has this interesting red undertone which this doesn’t. This one’s a little like Gina too ;) You would definitely rock these Jenn!

Issa July 13, 2011 at 10:53 am

oh, i love the blush! i love corals! and the palette looks awesome… you did great on going out of your comfort zone PB! looks good on you… i haven’t tried any sleek makeup yet…

ParisB July 13, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Thanks Issa. Its my first time trying Sleek Makeup and I think I now know what the fuss is about :)

Juan
July 13, 2011 at 12:59 pm

when i saw the palette i thought, urghhh… like colours of the 80’s… but on you, they look really wearable. i especially like the last look.
Juan recently blogged…Part 1: The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer – A Clever Invention.My Profile

ParisB July 13, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Haha I thought “wah! It looks like a watercolour palette!” :D Thanks Juan, I wore the last look twice already and I love it! Orange eyeshadow! Never thought I’d see the day :D

milktea July 13, 2011 at 1:03 pm

It’s holiday season again… i can feel it in the air and see it in your FOTD.. ;-)
I suppose the blue-green look on your eyes is not meant for the office? aww….

ParisB July 13, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Yay bring on the cocktails and beach umbrellas! :D The blue-green look isn’t quite meant for work, but I did wear the blue-green look to work… I’m relaxed that way ;)

alene July 13, 2011 at 1:26 pm

me heart look 1!!!! the red turning purple is so nice and it makes u look young n fresh!!

ParisB July 13, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Haha thank you Alene! I totally shocked myself with the red but I’m glad I gave it a go! :D

Monstro July 13, 2011 at 3:02 pm

I feel like having a pina colada just looking at these colours! Lovin your concoctions PB!

ParisB July 13, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Shake ‘em up eh? ;) Thank you Monstro – now hand me a Tequila Sunrise ;)

Joyce July 13, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Wow, I absolutely LOVE these… Been reading your blog for a while now but I had to give my reaction to this one. Keep on going with these lovely posts PB :)

ParisB July 15, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Thank you Joyce :) Don’t be a stranger now k? ;)

espenine July 13, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Lady of colours! :)

You look more gorgeous in green because it brings out your fair skin.

ParisB July 15, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Haha Thank you! I love wearing green on the eyes too – its so refreshing :D

Marina (Makeup4all) July 13, 2011 at 3:48 pm

These are amazing and I just got their palette from this winter from a friend as a present and totally love it!
Marina (Makeup4all) recently blogged…Urban Decay Fall 2011 Makeup CollectionMy Profile

ParisB July 15, 2011 at 2:01 pm

This is my first time at it and Oh My! I’m so hooked :P Gonna pick up a couple more that’s for sure ;)

Nikki July 13, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Oh my goodness! I love SLEEK palette! I like how colorful these are!!! So summery! and I’m not surprised you look good with colored e/s!!!
Nikki recently blogged…AMW Reviews: EOS Sweet Mint LIp BalmMy Profile

ParisB July 15, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Thank you Nikki :D Going way out of my comfort zone here but liking it too! :D

S July 13, 2011 at 4:41 pm

I’ve got their oh-so-special palette which I’m really liking at the moment! Their Pout polishes are surprisingly pigmented and moisturising as well! Having an NUS card which gives you 10 percent off all items at Superdrug also comes in handy! ;)

ParisB July 15, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Hmm… I’m not so into the Pout Polishes but their shadows! Goodness! Lucky you for being able to pick it up in person AND get a discount on top of that!

Mariella
July 13, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Ooohh…I love bright colors. I just compiled a palette of bright colors from Inglot. Thanks for this info, will definitely check it out!

ParisB July 15, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Used to stay away from too bright colours but now, will go all the way! :D

nicoles mirror July 13, 2011 at 7:50 pm

I have always wanted sleek!!! These are gorgeous!

ParisB July 15, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Well now you know how to get them ;)

lyn
July 13, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Such beautiful looks! I especially like the green one, so very pretty! I’ve been browsing through Sleek for a couple of weeks now and drooling over the colours. But I wasn’t sure about ordering anything. You have helped me make up my mind and I am definitely gonna get a few things from them soon :-)
lyn recently blogged…Paul & Joe Protective Fluid Foundation SMy Profile

ParisB July 15, 2011 at 2:06 pm

I’m really feeling the green one too :D I have no idea why every single Superdrug store I visited in London was out of the palettes – I guess we just have to suck it up and order it online :D

lavender July 13, 2011 at 9:57 pm

I love the 2nd look. Green looks good on you. Something different from your usual color. thanks for sharing.
lavender recently blogged…Product Review: Himalaya Organique Neem Facial Wash & Walnut ScrubMy Profile

ParisB July 15, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Thanks Lavender :) I do wear a lot of greens – just never take photos with them LOL! :D

gio July 14, 2011 at 2:20 am

I love the palettes, the colors are gorgeous and so bright! Blue Hawaiian was a huge disappointment but I really love all the other shades. The matte ones are less pigmented and a bit harder to work with compared with the rest of the shades but overall, and considering the price, I think the quality is still good. I like they aren’t really sheer or very chalky like most drugstore matte shades on the market. :)

Aruba was a surprise. You need to be very careful with application if you have fair skin, but I think it still looks very pretty on. And it’ll be even flattering on darker skintones. And thanks for the link love.
gio recently blogged…Product Review: Raw Gaia Bamboo & Pumice ExfoliantMy Profile

ParisB July 15, 2011 at 2:09 pm

You’re welcome Gio and I’m still waiting for you to come up with a nice bright look that you do so well! :D I find Aruba a little hard to work with so I usually blend it with a pink blush which I find brings out the colour better.

Shay July 15, 2011 at 12:26 am

Promptly ordered 3 palettes online!

ParisB July 15, 2011 at 2:22 pm

No kidding! :O

Shay July 15, 2011 at 10:59 pm

I was curious when I first saw it online. But the fotd of western beauty bloggers made me question if Asians can pull off such colours. And I didn’t know Sleek website shipped internationally until I saw your post.

The palettes are so cheap! Each is just 5.41gbp. I think it’s the price w/o VAT. Including shipping, each palette comes up to the price cheaper than one of the Revlon palettes you blogged abt recently. How do I beat the lemming? :D

ParisB July 16, 2011 at 10:01 am

psst! I didn’t know they ship internationally too! I’m very pleased because a friend might be placing an order so I’ll piggyback :D Can’t beat them for value yes? Hope you enjoy your palettes – which did you get?

Shay July 17, 2011 at 9:37 am

I got this palette that you feature here, the i-divine storm and the sunset!

I’m quite looking forward to the sunset one. Looks really beautiful.

I hardly buy eyeshadows nowadays. But these are interesting and cheap enough to get for fun.

Vesna July 15, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I have few of their palettes – Monaco, Bad Girl and Oh So Special and they’re all gorgeous! I skipped this one cause I think the Monaco palette has prittier and more usable shades for me :)

Anyway, these palette are a great deal! :)
Vesna recently blogged…Sleek MakeUP Oh So Special PaletteMy Profile

ParisB July 16, 2011 at 9:59 am

I have to agree – these palettes are an amazing deal even with some hit and miss colours :) I’ve got my eye on Bad Girl too :D