Simple Facial Wipes – Essential Makeup Remover for Travel!

in Cheap and Good?,Makeup Remover,Product Reviews

I like using cleansing oils to remove makeup and to clean my face at the end of the day. I find that it leaves my skin cleaner especially if I’ve been out and about. However, when you travel light by flight i.e. no check in luggage, carrying liquid can be a bother.

The last time I went on such an escapade, I picked up the Simple Facial Wipes, easily found in most pharmacies. I cannot remember how much it costs – under RM20 I’m sure.

simple Simple Facial Wipes   Essential Makeup Remover for Travel!

I’d used Simple skincare a long while ago when I was in the UK – it was affordable for a poor student and it worked well enough. But I’d never used the wipes. Now, after picking up my 1st pack, its become my essential “must pack” travel item.

The Simple Facial Wipes look just like any other pack of wet wipes except its in a larger sized pack and is targeted for removing makeup, including, if the pack is to be believed, waterproof mascara.

Each sheet of wet wipes is sufficient to cover your whole face. I usually fold it first in half before wiping off the makeup from my skin. This way, I use both halves of the sheet for both halves of my face. I then turn it over and run it over my skin again just to get the best value of of it icon razz Simple Facial Wipes   Essential Makeup Remover for Travel!

I do find that it can remove stubborn mascara but you’d need to wipe your eye area quite a lot. Also if you use eyeliner, you’d have to be careful about getting right into the lash line or there will be residue.

After I’m done with the first soiled piece I use another piece to make sure that my skin is truly clean. It usually is, so after a few experiments, I know now that I can stick with using just 1 piece of facial wipes. I follow up by washing my face with my regular face wash.

When you travel this is a good thing to have on you. It does not flout airplane carry on baggage rulings, its simple to use and best of all it works!

Pros: Inexpensive, Works to remove makeup, Gentle on the skin

Cons: Can dry out if you don’t finish up the pack within a certain period of time

You might wonder if a regular wet wipe will work as well. Well, I’ve tried and the answer for me is No. Regular wet wipes do not remove my makeup or keep my skin as clean as this one does.

The Simple Facial Wipes a little too expensive to use as a normal wet wipe though, so I stick to regular wet wipes for wiping my hands, or for wiping sweat. I use this Simple Facial Wipes strictly only for removing makeup or at the end of the day to clean off grime, which means 1 packet can last a while before it dries up icon razz Simple Facial Wipes   Essential Makeup Remover for Travel!

Have you tried this one? Are there other Makeup Remover Facial Wipes out there that might work as well? icon smile Simple Facial Wipes   Essential Makeup Remover for Travel!

Hanny
March 23, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Hmmm, the wet wipes from Watsons does the trick for me though… hehhehe. ^.^ On the other hand, I have been wanting to try the Simple ones out. Thanks for the post!

ParisB March 23, 2010 at 3:14 pm

I find that wet wipes don’t remove my makeup well. But then perhaps its because I have on a full face. Still, I like how Simple Facial Wipes feel so am sticking to this :)

rinnah
March 23, 2010 at 3:07 pm

And I thought they were just another gimmicky item since it is after all, essentially wet wipes. :P So they really do do the trick, eh? I’ll have to give this a try on my next trip…

ParisB March 23, 2010 at 3:15 pm

I thought so too! But it does work which is great eh? ;) Plus its affordable and its hypoallergenic so it should suit even sensitive skins

Jenn
March 23, 2010 at 4:05 pm

I usually just bring along a sample bottle of cleansing oil when i go travelling since it functions both as a makeup remover and facial cleanser, but you’re making want to give this one a try!! :D

ParisB March 23, 2010 at 5:51 pm

I used to do that too until the bottle opened up somehow and I ended up with a very oily makeup pouch! Pissed me off to no end – this way I know I won’t have that problem ;)

Jenn
March 23, 2010 at 6:27 pm

This happened to me before as well!! And of all things, it decides to explode itself all over my beloved NARS Deep Throat blush!! *cries pitifully* i have since housed it in an eyedropper sample bottle thing i got from MAC, and have never ever had the same problem again! :D

aretha March 23, 2010 at 4:14 pm

i like this for travelling but i never use it to remove my mascara as i feel its a bit dry and doesnt remove mascara or eyeliner properly. i stick to baby oil for that! =)

ParisB March 23, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Hmm it works to remove my mascara quite well. Eyeliner is a totally different story though!

addy March 23, 2010 at 4:58 pm

This is my go-to facial wipes. It is definitely the best despite the hefty price (RM17.90 if I’m not mistaken, in Watson) for only 25 pieces but it does the job! It is thick, removes the makeup well, have no fragrance and absolutely perfect even for sensitive skin.

I always get my stocks when they have the offer purchasing 2 for RM23 or less, can’t quite remember.

ParisB March 23, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Yes! I’m planning to stock up once I see the twin packs on offer. But not stock up too long since these things dry up – darnit! Thanks for the price update

Jessica March 23, 2010 at 5:49 pm

I love Simple’s wipes too! Did you know that it’s also a favourite of Alicia Keys? It is my must-have item as it thoroughly cleans my face so that washing my face with cleanser is not a pain in the butt :) If I’m not mistaken, price is around 17.90?

ParisB March 23, 2010 at 5:53 pm

I didn’t know that about Alicia Keys – thanks for the info! Isn’t it great that a celeb can like something that we can ALL afford?! :D

Jessica March 24, 2010 at 6:56 pm

I know…don’t you closer to Alicia already? Hehehe.

YJia March 23, 2010 at 7:37 pm

I got a blogger friend, Roze posted the review of this facial wipes on today too ! what a coincidence ! hahaha…She said the St.Ives facial wipes is not bad too. It’s abit moisturizing so leaves your face not too try ^^

Yani March 23, 2010 at 7:39 pm

I LOVE them! Like you, started using these facial wipes years ago, and they’ve never disappointed! In fact, I still buy them for days when I’m feeling a little lazy … hehehe …. :)

lyn March 23, 2010 at 10:23 pm

I like these too. I’ve tried TBS Vit E ones, Dove, Natio and something else I cannot remember but the Simple wipes are much better.

Adrianna March 23, 2010 at 11:01 pm

I used this facial wipes when I traveled. No hassle with spillage, just wipe and go. I’ve tried Nivea facial wipes but found it doesn’t clean as well as Simple.

Jyoan March 24, 2010 at 12:57 am

I agree that Simple wipes are really affordable. But I have never picked them up though they went on big sale before. I feel that I go home to cleansing oil everyday, so no need for wipes in my life. Perhaps I’ll try wipes out on my next trip. =) I’ve always thought the raves on forums are OTT. Now that you also like it, think they are worth the try. Thanks for the review.

j3nny9irL March 24, 2010 at 12:59 am

I use the one for oily skin types which is the light blue packaging. Guardian always have them on sale so is Watson’s. You can try putting the packaging upside down then it will not dry out so fast. :) A little drawback for me is that the wipes are a little rough. I wonder if anyone else feels that too? :D

Jamilla Camel March 24, 2010 at 2:34 am

Thse are also my HG Face Wipes. I remove my eye makeup with separate eye makeup remover (Suqqu) and two round cotton pads.

Kay Es March 24, 2010 at 10:30 am

Hi Paris
I use these wipes too. I read somewhere they were the top-selling brand for make-up remover wipes in the UK, so I got them and they work perfectly. I think there’s a sticker too on the packaging which says they’re number 1 in the UK

Eli March 24, 2010 at 3:47 pm

I agree that these are fantastic for travel. Out of all the facial wipes I have tried so far, these are the only ones which don’t cause breakouts after two weeks when used without facial cleanser (hey, I travel light).

Plus, they work surprisingly well at removing mascara.

Serenity Gemz March 24, 2010 at 5:55 pm

I think these wipes really do what they’re supposed to. My only gripe about them would be the rough texture of the wipes…..I wished it could be softer….

Jolene April 20, 2010 at 9:38 am

I used these wipes and woek up the next day to a swollen face. I also have sensitivie skin and am now taking antihistamines to help the swelling go down.