I can’t believe it’s been a month since I did an Instagram Highlights update! There’s just been so much going on in my life lately which means I haven’t been able to focus on the blog as much as I’d like to. I managed well enough for 7 years but really, this year is kicking me black and blue! What did they say about the Year of the Horse again?!
Anyway, here are some highlights from the past month. I haven’t been able to keep up with the comments and emails but I will catch up at some point in my life. I’ve missed chatting to everyone and I will have to warn that blogging lapses will continue and may even get more frequent as work takes a decidedly hectic slant. But I’ll try my best to keep blogging and to honour my commitments even as I will slow down on accepting new ones. What this means is I’m likely to be even more active on Instagram than I already am 😀 It’s quick and easy and we all like quick and easy don’t we? So, onto the highlights!
- I’ve been on the hunt for a pair of comfortable black heeled pumps for ages! It’s surprisingly hard to find which really bugs me because I’m wearing mine out. I’ve tried Rockport (ill fitting for my feet size), Clarks (too wide) and I’m going to try Geox soon and hopefully find one.
- The President of the United States, Barack Obama, was here last weekend and what did I do? Made sure I stayed home so I wouldn’t get caught in the traffic snarl in and around the city! I hope no one did!
- I’m not a pink girl but I somehow ended up with a hot pink Kate Spade Harmony Tote. The colour said Geranium online but it turned out a bright hot coral pink! Pretty though, I think I can handle a bright hot pink tote eh? 😀
- I’ve been putting the Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum to the test for a while thanks to the recommendations from many people and it’s been promising! It’s a pre-serum, which is one you use before your toner and rest of your skincare, but I’ll share my thoughts on it in time to come. For now, I must say I quite like it and it seems to have helped make a difference to my skin. Not all that drastic a difference but a noticeable difference after about 2-3 weeks.
- I have to show you this new Guerlain Rouge G in the limited edition pink packaging! It’s Rose Grenat which is a lovely bright pink. Fingers crossed I manage to get some pictures and show you what it looks like soon, but if you don’t want to wait, it’s already at the counters so go get one! 😀
- I finished a couple more products and it’s always an achievement when I finish skincare. I wiped out all of my Dior Capture Totale Night Cream that I love so much and I’m giving my skin a rest and finishing up other creams before I return. Oh yes, I will return! I also finished up the Weleda Lavender body oil so that’s another achievement!
- I was down in Melaka a while ago and finally tried the very famous Nadeje mille crepe cake that everyone raves about. I saw people queueing to buy whole cakes to bring back to Singapore and KL and I was curious why. It wasn’t bad but as I’m not much of a dessert nor cake person, it’s probably not something I’d eat very much of very often. FYI, it’s a mille crepe but there are only 21 layers sandwiched with vanilla cream 😀
- MAC Pigments! If there’s one item I like from MAC (and I’m a huge anti-MAC person) it’s their pigments. I was digging around and came across the few bottles I own. Barely made a dent in them! Going to pull out a few of the more versatile colours for everyday use – Coco, Deckchair and Vanilla come to mind. Are you a fan too? 🙂
- If you’ve been to Parkson Pavilion KL recently, you may notice a new handbag brand in town – Modalu. The celebrated bag from the brand is the Pippa which is the one you see in the photo, that comes in 2 sizes. Made famous by Pippa Middleton (sister to HRH Catherine ‘Kate’ Middleton) the bag is full of compartments, a good size and makes a great working woman bag. It’s not too expensive and is full leather on the outside. I’m waiting for one to come in in cobalt blue 😀
- My new nephew, Baby Y celebrated his Full Moon not too long ago with some traditional fairy cupcakes and traditional red eggs. We celebrate this milestone when babies turn a month old by gifting these cakes and eggs to family and friends and that’s baby’s first celebration!
- Yesterday, I told you about NARS’ new Artistry Brushes and the other brand that’s revamped their brush collection is RMK. There is a whole new range of RMK eye brushes to come in May and they’re amazing and not too pricey, all things considered! I managed to ask the visiting Japanese makeup artist where they came from and were told that RMK brushes are by Chikuhodo, a celebrated Japanese brush maker. It explains their high quality!
I also managed to meet up for lunch with a lovely reader, Sarah, over the May Day holiday and it was so much fun! I love little casual meet ups so if you are up for one, feel free to drop me a line and we can always try to arrange something 🙂
Also, the MWS x NARS Experience participants have been named and contacted and I’m looking forward to meeting everyone on 11 May 2014. And that’s about it from me this time around!
How has your month gone? Did you have good eats or good buys or are you just as beaten up by life as I am?
I expect May to be a slow month from me so do be warned. I’ll still be updating the blog, just that there may be lapses now and then due to various things going on, and I may not be at the forefront of all that’s new and exciting anymore. Gotta hand over the baton at some point 😉 I hope to catch up with the comments and “chat” to everyone very soon! Enjoy the weekend.
Highlights of Instagram is an excerpt of the highlights of my weeks on Instagram. There are lots more in the full IG feed so follow me there @ParisBMWS for quick reviews, beauty previews and gastronomic delights.