Wow the weeks are flying by aren’t they? It’s just under a week left to the Chinese New Year when we’ll welcome the Year of the Horse (neigh!) and I’m in quite a frenzy spring-cleaning. You’d think I’d learn and start ahead of time right? Nope, I don’t :P
But I didn’t realise that it’s also been 2 weeks since I last shared my highlights on Instagram. There are so much more in my Instagram account but here are some of my personal favourites.
- I finally picked up the Diptyque Water 34 or L’Eau du Trente Quartre EdT that I’d been lusting after ever since I tried the sample of it. In the process, I scored another 2 sample vials of Oyedo and Vetyvero, which is quite dangerous. What if I love them too? :P
- I created a nice refreshing salad, adding apple chunks to it and it’s been a surprise winner! Trust me, try it next time you make a salad. Chop up a whole apple and toss it in. It adds crunch and sweetness that’s very unique.
- Clarisonic had its official launch here in Malaysia, although it’s been available at Sephora for a while. It’s now more accessible and you may find it sold alongside brands like Biotherm and Lancome in future. I also had a peep at the new Clarisonic Aria which comes with a USB charger and 3 controllable speeds. Available in March/April 2014 at RM690 I’ll tell you a little more about it later.
- I busted out some summer goodness in the Acqua di Parma Arancia di Capri fragrance and the Dior Paradise Duo blush-bronzer from Summer 2012. Perfectly fitting for our warm weather :D
- We had a couple of days off last week and I styled a fun outfit of the day which is a heck lot more fun than tryingn to photograph me wearing it LOL! I might like to do this more often because it’s just easier and quicker and more fun.
- YSL released a very pretty and limited edition blush compact for Chinese New Year with a beautiful red and gold compact that I just had to have and the ever lovely Mag of Makeupstash managed to snag me one from the only 100 pieces available in Singapore!
- I finally bit the bullet and sat down (figuratively) to wash my makeup brushes after letting them ‘rot’ for a long time. Poor neglected brushes :P
- Did you know Ikea Malaysia has Salmon balls? They’re deep-fried balls made from flaked salmon and incredibly addictive :P Adjourned with friends for a post-dinner snack to try these. Not cheap at RM4.50 for 4 but a nice snack nonetheless. Oh and the ever popular Ikea Curry Puffs are still just RM1 :D
- Lancome held an interesting event at the French Embassy here in KL where they showed us a couple of new items coming out in the next few months, which includes a new version of the Blanc Expert Melanolyzer III, a new UV Expert sunblock and a new face for Lancome in actress Lily Collins. I tried the early version of the Blanc Expert serum and it wasn’t bad. Interested to see how this new one fares.
- I cooked fish noodle soup from scratch (sort of) and I declared it a great success! I like messing about in the kitchen and it’s always useful having soup stock on standby for days when I want to experiment. It makes my job much easier and more delicious too!
- I went a-swatching of the new Revlon Matte Lipbalm stains and Maybelline Lip Polish thanks to the influence of Lyn of Beautycabby. Gosh I tell you, between blogs and Instagram, who needs enablers? Everyone is an enabler! :P I picked up one of each to try – Watson’s is having a sale and they’re about RM30+ each.
- Despite my critique of the Dior Dream Skin, I couldn’t resist picking up a Dream Skin sample from a Dior Metrojaya pop up counter at Mid-Valley. They have some promotion going on but I didn’t stop to enquire, only to find out about Dream Skin. The SA was very friendly, sat me down in a private area, chatted to me about the product and then gave me a nice tube of sample. I’ll be giving it a go and because it’s a sample, will have my preliminary thoughts on it up quite quickly. Or I hope :P Did you pick up a sample to try? All Dior counters should be able to oblige you.
How did your last fortnight go?
I’ve started a new sort of thing on my Instagram account, where I share pictures of some of the products I use each day, which has turned out to be quite a fun sort of thing for me to post. It helps me dig in and use some of my older items while also introducing you to stuff you may have never thought of getting :D I also love it when everyone chips in with what they’re wearing on the day. So fun! More fun than Twitter or Facebook, I swear :P
Instagram my week is an excerpt of the highlights of my week or weeks on Instagram. Follow me there @ParisBMWS for quick reviews, beauty previews and gastronomic delights.