You know, I’m happy to admit I’m wrong. Sometimes.
This is one of those times. Before I got my sea legs using Instagram, I didn’t know what the fuss was about it. I even declared I’d never get on that platform. What was it? Yet another social media platform? Meh…
But then, I found that it was a very handy way to share snippets of life outside of the blog and also to share sneak previews and new beauty finds as I see them. So I started warming up to it. Some are shared through to Twitter and Facebook but I know there are not many on all the social media platforms (you guys told me as much yourself! :D) and I don’t share everything. So I’ll be sharing a selection of Instagram pictures on my blog weekly or fortnightly, just so you don’t miss out on the beauty sneak peeks and previews 🙂
When I crossed that 1000 mark on the number of pictures I’d shared and when I recently received over 1000 followers, my fate was pretty much sealed. Hello, my name is @ParisBMWS and I’m an Instagram addict 😀 Come join me, or at least find out what the photos above mean 😀
Here’s how my last week or so went on Instagram:-
- I went to the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale at 11pm and left at 2am! Came home with 31 books for just under RM300! Steal, I tell ya! I read mostly crime, mystery and thrillers or humour. No romance and chick lit for me 😛 Did anyone go?
- I snuck you a peek of the upcoming Estee Lauder Micro Essence Lotion! I can’t say anything now, sorry! But all will be revealed in a couple of weeks so stay with me here!
- My favourite Rose Floral Water from Melvita has a makeover! The blue glass bottle has been changed to a more portable plastic and the prices have been streamlined across the board to RM122 a bottle. Can’t say I won’t miss the blue glass bottle!
- If you’re eyeing leather satchels like this one, then you can find similar ones by Zatchels at Robinson’s at The Gardens. I spotted them in various colours and designs (even the Hello Kitty one!). Prices are high and my hazy memory tells me it’s cheaper to buy online even with the shipping costs and exchange rate, but if you prefer instant gratification then you can get them there.
- Pantone declared the colour “Radiant Orchid” the colour of the year for 2014 which is described as a pink-purple. Well, Clinique didn’t get the memo because they’re launching the Cheek Pop blushes embossed with a gerbera 😀 It’s gorgeous though and initial impressions are that they’re pretty alright for the affordable asking price. Will have a review and update for you soon 🙂
- Other than the Laura Mercier Christmas goodies I showed you yesterday, there are 2 brush sets available too. One is a smaller brush set and another is a larger one. Both appear to be well made with a full size head on a travel size body. As far as brush kits go, they’re worth checking out.
- I had a sudden and inexplicable rush of nostalgia for Prague last weekend. Interesting how much impact a city can make on a person!
- I was quite happy with the Revlon Absolute Radiance CC Cream so I did a quickie review on Instagram! Basically, I quite liked it with the caveat that you have to either have good skin, or a good concealer on hand. I use it with a concealer and finishing powder and it serves me for light makeup days. Yes, I will do a proper review 😛
- The lovely folks at Estee Lauder Malaysia sent me a fruit cake for Christmas and I was over the moon! I love fruit cakes (with brandy please! Hic! 😉 ) and I had a terrible hankering for it this year but didn’t know where to find a good one. This? Yes, it was good 😀
- Has anyone tried the Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse foundations? I did a quick test at the counter but the colours didn’t quite suit me so I didn’t try them. I don’t think they’re new, just new to us.
- If you ever want to know where the best chicken rice in KL is (and don’t mind a hot, rustic environment) I’m the person to ask – Restoran Kam Kee in Chinatown a few doors away from the more famous Nam Heong if anyone’s wondering 🙂
- And after my chicken rice lunch, I got back to the office to a bag of delicious mangosteens! I love mangosteens! How can anyone not love them? 😀
- Another sneak peek from Guerlain Spring 2014 which is a Bubble Blush! Looks like a cream blush but the packaging is a little bit of a disappointment.
- I’m trying to live on a budget so finding a good, cheap source of lunch food is key. Lunch cost me RM9.50 for 2 persons which is ridiculously cheap even for Malaysian standards. Win! 😀
- It was a week for reveals and beauty sneak peeks because here we have the new packaging for the Guerlain Meteorites Perles (balls)! The contents have also been reformulated but now come with less product – 25g as opposed to the existing 30g. Available in mid Jan 2014 onwards.
- I spent most of last week nursing a poorly tummy and viral fever so when I felt better, I eased back into normal food with a steaming bowl of fresh fish porridge (congee). It was delicious and I have now mastered how to cook fish porridge because I don’t usually like it! 😀
ParisBMWS on Instagram is about me though, so it’s not just about beauty stuff (yes I do get bored believe it or not :P) so be advised that it’s random but then so is life 😉
Are you also on Instagram? Do you enjoy it?
It took me a while to warm up to it but I’ve “met” lots and lots of lovely people there and it’s nice to “chat” people there so I’m quite happy I persevered and didn’t give up on the platform 😀
Paris B on Instagram: @ParisBMWS