Last year at about this time, I had a bit of a melt down haha! Things have improved a little over the year as I’ve learned to do things “my way or no way”, which has been a bit of a coming of age for me. There’re still things I’d like to do better so I’m learning to be tougher too. But there was something I did last year that I felt was very good for me blog-wise, and that was taking a break.
So, by way of a gift from me to me on my day (guess you’ve worked out what the Celebrate October giveaways were really about), I’m taking the day and a little time off from blogging. But instead of having you come by today in anticipation of a post and have nothing to read, I’m going to share 21 things I’ve learned about myself in the past year. 21 of course, because I’m forever 21! 😉
Here are the 21 things I’ve learned:-
- I can say “No” and mean it; and importantly, not regret it.
- I am not butter. I will not spread myself too thin.
- Short hair lets me get away with being sassy and cheeky so I guess this is a keeper 😀
- My skin takes amazingly well to European skincare brands and formulas. Amazingly well.
- I can’t multitask as well as I thought I could. Something has to give.
- When an opportunity comes, grab it by the horns. You never know when it will come again nor where it might take you.
- Step outside your comfort zone. The view and experience can be amazing and eye-opening.
- You don’t need hundreds of friends; you only need a few good ones that you know you can depend on for a good time.
- There are always people waiting to bring you down and trip you up, so keep your eyes open and watch out for potholes.
- There’s no such thing as a free lunch. Or dinner. Or tea.
- There’s no need to please everyone so long as what you do pleases someone or the ones who matter. The most important person to please is yourself so do what makes you happy.
- Saving money towards a goal forces me to choose my little indulgences more wisely and appreciate them better.
- You know “The Secret”? It works!
- I can talk to a roomful of people on a subject of which I know little and later be told it was insightful.
- I hold up pretty well in an emergency but it could also be perceived as being too cold and detached.
- Family first. Always.
- I have no idea how to address a foreign ambassador! Your Excellency? My Lady? Hey you? Eeks!
- Eat, drink and be merry. Life is too short to waste calories on crappy food.
- Children are a notion beyond my ken. I love my nephew but I could never do half the things my sister does to bring him up; and I salute her for everything she does while maintaining her own independence and life.
- When you’re happy and positive, everything will fall into place naturally. Vice versa if you are negative and angry all the time.
- I am incredibly blessed in so many ways 🙂
And one more – Take a break once in a while from the regular mill. You will be rewarded with better mental clarity, appreciation and enthusiasm.
Did any of my personal life lessons resonate with you?
Be good, peeps. I’ll be back soon 🙂 If you want to catch up on your MWS reading, the navigation bar up top may help you discover some hidden gems. So, go on, have a mosey around the 2832 published posts on the blog. I’ll still be on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram so feel free to look me up and chat to me there if you like. Email will take me a while to reply 🙂