Ah yes, the infamous Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eyeshadows are here in Malaysia! 😀
I had another post scheduled to be written today but real life has been kicking my butt all week and there was no way I could have written anything coherent. So you will have to do with this rather meatless post but one that has reminded me of my early days of blogging when I’d blog on the fly about stuff that happened within a day, not a month later – it is kinda fun! 🙂
Those of you who follow me on my social media channels will have remembered me announcing about a week or two back, that we were getting these in towards the end of the month of March 2013. I realised recently that many of you reading this don’t follow most of the social media channels offered so you might have missed the announcement. I share most news on sales, promotions, and previews there, not on the blog, so do take a peep at the Twitter or Facebook page now and again so you don’t miss out 🙂
Anyway, I’ve been haunting the pharmacies since, hoping to catch a glimpse of them with pretty much no luck. I’ve gone into at least 3 Guardian pharmacies and 2 Watson’s with no luck. In some pharmacies, I see the slots and even testers, but no product. Some pharmacies don’t even have the space set up. Well, yesterday I happened to be at Pavilion KL and I remembered that Sukie mentioned on Twitter that she spotted these at Caring pharmacy so I went to take a look and the moment I saw these, I swear, there was a universal trumpet sound of “Ta-da!” 😀
By way of information, we will be getting in 8 colours – 5 bold and colourful shades and 3 neutral safe shades. I’ll share with you some quick swatches and pictures below and you can try to hazard a guess which 3 I picked before I show you the pictures 😉
Here is the counter that I saw in Caring pharmacy, Pavilion KL – its just a small section of the Maybelline display shelf and you will only see 7 colours. 1 more shade (Tenacious Teal) is only due to arrive in April so if that’s a shade you are eyeing, be sure to look for it in April.
The 4 bold and colourful shades we are getting are: Tenacious Teal (turquoise), Painted Purple (purple), Fierce & Tangy (orange), Edge Emerald (green) and Bold Gold (light shimmery gold).
The 3 neutral shades are : Bad to the Bronze (bronze), Tough as Taupe (which for some reason is spelt Touge as Taupe which doesn’t make any sense 😛 ) and Audacious Asphalt (grey aka Immortal Charcoal). I actually like the name “Immortal Charcoal” It sounds so… exotic! 😀
I quickly swatched the available colours at the display and I wasn’t planning to wait till I got home to take a photo. In fact, I was trying to scrub off the colours but if you would believe it, it doesn’t budge. It couldn’t. I think the 24 hour lasting power claim could be true. Scary, but true.
Here are the swatches as best as I could get them. I’ll quickly describe them too.
- Edgy Emerald – a light green with some golden shimmer. I wasn’t quite expecting it. I expected it to be more emerald.
- Bold Gold – a light shimmery gold that goes on skin shiny and shimmery. I expect this one to be a very useful shade for highlighting and even to wear on its own with nice black liner and lots of mascara to brighten up the eyes.
- Bad to the Bronze – A shimmery bronze shade that leans a little cool. I don’t usually play well with bronze shades but this one was quite impressive. Again, I can see this one worn on its own quite easily.
- Tough as Taupe – A creamy matte taupe that I find to be quite a true taupe. Think of a mushroom colour. On my skin it looked dirty and if I ever wanted to fake a bruise, this is the colour I’d pick. Naturally, it was no go on my eyes.
- Fierce & Tangy – A deep orange that I’ve no idea how to work 😛
- Painted Purple – A shimmery true purple. Not too much red tones in there and I think it might make quite a pretty eyeliner, this one.
- Audacious Asphalt – A shimmery charcoal grey that has some green undertones to it and a colour I can imagine would make an excellent base for a smokey eye, or even a quick “I want to look glamourous but have no time” sort of look.
Did ya guess which 3 went home with me? 😉
Ah, I played safe this time around 🙂
I took home Audacious Asphalt, Bold Gold and Bad to the Bronze. The bright shades weren’t quite what I envisaged, and I have a feeling age is creeping up on me, because I don’t seem as attracted to bright colours for my lids anymore. Boohoo! Growing up (and old) sucks 😛
I have to admit that I was a little surprised at the texture of the tester pots. I do not know if they have been exposed for far too long, but it felt dry and it wasn’t very easy to pick up colour, nor to spread the colour evenly. I actually expected them to spread like warm butter the way the Benefit Creaseless Cream shadows and Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eyeshadows (2 of my favourite cream shadows) do. But I also remembered that when I discovered that my Benefit Skinny Jeans was drying out, it too felt a little hard and dry. So maybe it was the testers. I’ll report on the texture again when I’ve actually used these and actually have an opinion formed 🙂
Oh I forgot to mention the price. The Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eyeshadows will set you back a very wallet friendly RM19.90 per pot. If that isn’t a steal, I don’t know what is! 😀
Which of the 7 shades you see here catch your eye? Have you already used these and have views to share on how best to use them?
I haven’t used them, naturally. They’ve just come home with me last night, and I wanted to share the news so you can all now run out and haunt the pharmacies too LOL! If you don’t see them yet, they’ll probably start rolling out across the country soon.
p/s I suddenly realised this was a pretty meaty post! Hope I was coherent 😛
Maybelline Color Tattoo by Eyestudio 24 hr Eyeshadow come in 8 shades locally Price: RM19.90 each Availability: Most major pharmacies and Maybelline display counters starting from March 2013