I honestly thought I’d only ever finish up anything or have any empties to share once every 2 months. It turns out that in recent times, I’m finishing up or tossing stuff as I go along so we actually have empties for July and now August!
This month’s empties have been a bit of a wallet buster and in the process I’ve also gotten rid of some mascara, one of which has served me well and the others of which I wasn’t terribly crazy about. Here’s a quick run down of them.
- Dior Capture Totale One Essential serum (review)- This is the 30ml bottle and nothing would pump out anymore. I’ve gone back to using it after a spell away and this is once again back as a staple. This serum is a pre-serum i.e. a serum you use before other serums and moisturisers, so it is actually an addition to my skincare. I like the effects so I’m sticking to this one.
- Shiseido White Lucent Intensive Spot Targeting Serum (review) – There wasn’t much of this left so I just finished up the remainder so the bottle wouldn’t clutter up my space. Its not bad although the price is a bit of a deal breaker.
- Kose Seikisho Perfect Cleansing Oil – I am not crazy about this cleansing oil although it served its purpose. It cleaned my skin, it wasn’t too oily, it didn’t dry out my skin but there was nothing too memorable about it. I probably will not be repurchasing.
- Majolica Majorca Wing Neo mascara – the WORST mascara I have ever used. Full of floaty fibre that got into my eyes at every opportunity, did nothing for my lashes and was just awful. I only used it about twice since I got it and it was terrible all round.
- Shiseido Perfect Defining Volume Mascara (review) – I finally retired this mascara after a year’s service. It was still alright, still held a curl, gave my lashes volume and did not irritate my eyes. I just felt that 1 year was about time for it to retire and for me to open up a new one 🙂 Still my favourite mascara ever.
- Diorshow 360 Rotating mascara (review) – This got retired too, because it got very thick and was starting to dry out. It is otherwise still serviceable after about a year which is terribly impressive. The battery was still working, but I wasn’t too crazy about the formula. I’d stick to a non electronic mascara.
Did you manage any empties for August? Did you find yourself replenishing any faves?
August saw me retiring 2 faves which I’ve replenished – One Essential and Perfect Mascara. Sometimes, when it works, don’t change 😉