Morning! Rise and shine! Or if you’re reading this at any other time, rise and shine anyway :)
I’ve had a request from reader Shay most recently in the comments, and from an uncountable number of emails, to share my skincare routine. I’ve been meaning to do a post about it for the longest time, so no better time than the present. Really!
Note: (1) Products I use will change from time to time. What does not change however, is the routine and sequence of products used. (2) I am on a hydrating and anti-aging skincare regime (3) This isn’t gospel and is liable to change often :)
Here’s my daily skincare routine and the products I’m currently using. Remember, you can click through to read my reviews if there are any :)
Morning – Rise and Shine!
- Wash with cleanser du jour – presently Vichy Essentialles facial cleanser * (but I’m getting bored) or Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Oil
- Pat on a lotion – presently Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Oil Free toner or L’Occitane Angelica face toner
- Apply a hydrating serum – presently Vichy Aqualia Thermal Forfitying and Soothing Concentrate serum* or Estee Lauder Hydrationist serum*
- Top up with Moisturiser – presently Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Oil Free Gel Cream* or L’Occitane Angelica Hydration Cream
- Finish off with Sunscreen – presently Hada Labo UV Moist Emulsion* or Cream or Clarins HP Plus sunscreen*
- Eye cream (when I remember) – presently Estee Lauder Idealist Cooling Illuminator Eye cream
Evening – Time for bed!
- Remove makeup with a cleansing Oil – presently Hada Labo Olive Cleansing Oil or Dermalogica Precleanse*
- Wash with a facial wash – presently Vichy Normaderm Purifying Facial Wash*
- OR Use Clarisonic Mia with a facial wash – presently Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Oil Free cleanser* or Hada Labo Gokujyun Super Hyaluronic Acid facial wash*
- Pat on a lotion – same as morning
- Apply an anti-aging serum – presently Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus (I can’t find my Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate) or Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair*
- Apply eye cream if I remember – presently Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum*
- Apply moisturizer – presently Tony Moly Intensive Snail Cream or Guerlain Abeille Royale cream
At various times during the week I also use the following :-
- Moisturizing mask – any sheet mask I have on hand
- Purifying mask – Aesop Primrose Cleansing Mask* or Kiehl’s Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Clay Mask*
- Sleeping Pack – Laneige Water Sleeping Pack EX*
- Face scrub – Kiehl’s Ultimate White Exfoliating scrub* or Strivectin-SD Instant Retexturizing Scrub*
Whew! It does look like a lot doesn’t it? But in the main, I only have about 5 steps in the day and night routines. On days when I do a mask or scrub, that is an extra step. It might seem like a lot, but I also don’t take very long doing my skincare routine. Its all quite quick to slap on as I go :)
And there you have it. What I do and use everyday. Some products are in the testing stage and so have no reviews. Products marked with an asterisk (*) have been in my routine for over 2 months.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this :) Its also made me think about which products need to be showcased, and soon! :D
Enjoy the weekend!