So corny the title 😛
But this is just a quick look to show you that you CAN wear blue eyeshadow to work and not have your boss breathe down your neck for breaking the conservative dress code.
Ok. Maybe in a more liberal office 🙂 Don’t take bright blue eyeshadow and take it from lash line to brow like the Red Queen did in Alice in Wonderland. Instead, keep it subtle. You don’t have to use the products I use so long as you have similar shades.
Here is what I used for this work day blue-eyed look and how I did it.
- Face: Lancome BB Base, Shu Uemura Face Architect powder foundation, Guerlain Meteorites Nacre des Mers
- Eyes: Lancome Exceptional eyeshadow quad in #311, Guerlain Kohl eyeliner, Dior Extase mascara
- Cheeks: Chanel Joues Contraste in Narcisse
- Lips: Dior Serum de Rouge in Raspberry Serum
The trick I’ve found when trying to pull off blue for work is to use a more muted blue (electric blues might have to wait for Fridays or weekends) and mix it with grey and black.
- Use a dark navy blue close to the lash line and in the corners
- Use a grey-blue as an accent colour over the lid and blend with the navy blue
- Use silver or white in the inner corners and on the brow bone to open up the eyes and highlight
And I’m done! I do wear very outrageous colours to work (I get away with it :D) but one some days, when I’m feeling a little blue, this is a no brainer look I do and usually without even thinking.
Do you have a favourite blue eyed look to share? 🙂