Today, we will see Revlon Colorburst Mauve lipstick in action.
When I hear Mauve, I think purple! Purple on my lips?! Eeks! But no. The Revlon Color Burst Mauve lipstick is a rosy shade with a tinge of lilac berry so its quite a cool colour – temperature wise not cool hip 😛 On lips, it looks pretty much as it does in the tube for me.
So mauve on down to see the swatch. hurhur 😛
I wore it in a fairly everyday sort of look because this is a sort of everyday colour lipstick. In fact, this is a colour I started with back in college (from Maybelline) and its still a colour I like wearing.
- Face: Dior Nude Glow Complexion Enhancer, Diorskin Nude liquid foundation, Guerlain Meteorites Nacre des Mers
- Eyes: Prestige single eyeshadows – Verdigris (dark green), Iguana (deep green), Gold, Lancome Virtuose Precious Cells mascara
- Cheeks: Guerlain 4 Eclats Sculpting Blush Rose Plein Vent
I wore this to work, as I do. I kept the overall look on the cool side to match the lip colour and its a lovely everyday sort of lipstick colour that adds a touch of colour to your face yet doesn’t scream out “I’m wearing lipstick! Look at meeee!”
How would you wear Mauve? 🙂
For more on Revlon Colourburst Lipsticks:-
- Full review on Revlon Colorburst lipsticks
- Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Blush
- Revlon Colorburst lipstick in True Red
Revlon Colorburst lipstick retails for RM39 at Revlon counters