Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Blush is a very nude shade. I thought it was blah and was ready to pass it on. But something made me try it and goodness me! Might I have found a neutral lipstick I can wear?
I took it for a spin with bright coloured eyes. Neutral lipsticks are a great way to draw attention away from the lips and allow it to focus elsewhere, like on the eyes. I have been using my Blush lipstick a lot and am not quite pleased that it is marked as you see in the picture. I believe the tube of lipstick is a little loose so it presses against the side of the metal tube when I apply my lipstick. Points deducted for packaging on this score.
Texture wise, its lovely and I wear it nearly everyday as I have said with bright eyes, neutral eyes, anything! I have a look and a swatch of Blush below.
On my lips, the colour is my lips but better. The last time I came this close to finding a MLBB shade, it was Giorgio Armani Silk Lipstick #4. Now I can have it for a fraction of the price! 😀 On darker lips, it will be a lighter more nude shade. On my lips, there is a slight rose tint – a blush of color as it were. In person, its less rosy, more neutral.
The breakdown of my look is below.
- Face: Diorskin Nude Glow Complexion Enhancer, Diorskin Nude loose powder foundation, Guerlain Meteorites Nacre des Mers
- Eyes: Beautilicious Sweet Dessert eyeshadow palette – blue, green and yellow, Guerlain kohl liner, Lancome Virtuose Precious Cells mascara
- Cheeks: Dior Blush Harmonie Rose Brazilia
The lipstick is light on my lips, does not dry them out and works without lipbalm (but then I never wear lipbalm). For more posts you might like:-
- Full review on Revlon ColorBurst lipsticks
- Colorburst lipstick in Mauve
- Colorburst lipstick in True Red
Might the Revlon ColorBurst lipstick in Blush be a colour you might like? 🙂
Revlon Colorburst lipsticks retail at RM39 at all Revlon counters.