I did a quick look below which I call a “going to the office with green eyeshadow” look. I tend to go a little sheer with my daily makeup because I’ve gone past the stage where I pile on the colours and scare people at the office ;) Now I go for a lighter, hopefully more mature more dependable look to inspire confidence *ahem* :P
Most colour products I’ve used are from the Smashbox Heartbreaker collection so you know what it looks like on. The green eyeshadow in question is from the Hot Date eyeshadow palette mixed with the more neutral shades of the palette.
For the eyes, here’s what I did (I used a brush so the colours apply sheerer):-
- Brown (Colour #2 from left) close to lash line
- Green/Teal (colour #4 from left) mixed with Light Green (Colour #5 from left) on outer half of the lid
- Peach (Colour #3 from left) on inner corner of lid
- Cream (Colour #1 from left) on brow bone
- Face: Lancome BB Base and Guerlain Nacres des Mers Illuminating Pressed Powder
- Eyes: Smashbox Hot Date eyeshadow palette, Liquid Liner, Dior Extase mascara
- Cheeks: Smashbox O Glow and Baked Starlight Fusion Softlights
- Lips: Dior Serum de Rouge Peach Serum
You don’t have to use the same products, so long as you have similar shades in your collection. If you keep the eye colours light, you’ll pull this off in most work places – unless they are VERY conservative. Then sorry. I’m no help :P
Oh and I didn’t mean to showcase a green look today on Earth Day! But since its done, hey! I’m corny that way ;) I also wear blue eyeshadow to work a lot. Wanna see how that looks?