You might recall that in early September 2009 I brought you news of a new organic skincare line by Kiehl’s – the Acai Berry Organic Skincare line. Well you will be happy to know that Kiehl’s Malaysia WILL bring this line in some time in January 2010! Woot! 😀
For those who are into organic and natural skincare, you will be happy to note that the Kiehl’s Acai Berry line is ECOCERT certified and the packaging is biodegradable and its paraben and silicone free so everything that can be thought of has been thought of.
The products come in brown plastic bottles and I particularly like the scent. It smells lovely and herbal. I’m told its lavender but I’d say that its lavender with a touch of herbs. Its a love it or hate it smell and I unfortunately love it 😛
The cleanser is a self foaming cleanser and the toner comes in a mist bottle. I’m told that the Kiehl’s Acai Damage Protecting Toning Mist and Acai Damage Repairing Serum will be the 2 bestsellers so I will be watching out for them once they get on the shelves so I can actually try them. No better way to know if it works than to try it eh? 😉
Heck if Uma Thurman likes the Acai Damage Repairing Serum and it keeps her looking that fab (albeit with a bit of help here and there I’m sure) I’m close to sold!
Incidentally did you know that Acai is pronounced “Ah-sah-ee”? And all this while I was calling it “Ah-Chai” 😛 Hands up everyone else who called it “Ah Chai” too 😛
Some Acai Berry facts:-
- The Acai Berry is a palm tree native to the Brazilian Amazon
- Acai Berries are very rich in antioxidants and are one of the healthiest foods on earth
- Acai Berries are an important source of resveratrol and anthocyanins which are also found in red wine and which are said to be able to extend your life
- Acai Berries are very high in protein but low in cholesterol
You can in fact buy Acai Berry juice from the supermarkets or organic stores. Supposed to boost your health though I haven’t tried it myself.
The products in the Acai Berry line are:-
- Acai Damage Minimizing Cleanser – RM105/150ml (link)
- Acai Damage Protecting Toning mist – RM120/180ml (link)
- Acai Damage Repairing Serum – RM180/50ml (link)
- Acai Damage Correcting Moisturizer – RM170/75ml (link)
Are you interested in this new line featuring the Superberry – Acai berry? No prizes for guessing I’m chaffing at the bit to get my itchy mitts on them! January 2010 it is!