What the… ??
Skin as smooth as fresh snow is what I’m going for 🙂
Skincare is always a tricky thing to get as gifts. Well, unless you already know what your friends are using and what their concerns are and what they are allergic to! Here are my picks for the best of skincare in 2009 – available in department stores and pharmacies.
For acne prone skin or oily skin:-
- I like the Vichy Pore Refining Essence from Vichy Laboratoires – it works so well for me to reduce pores.
- Cellnique Skin Action Serum gel is great for melting black and whiteheads and reducing spots.
- Kiehl’s Rare Earth pore refining masque helps get rid of oil, and leaves skin feeling smooth.
For anti-aging or older skin:-
- For a touch of luxury, I’d get Elemis – the Marine Recovery cream which is crazy awesome but it is only found at selected spas for now – notably at Mandara Spas in and around Kuala Lumpur (I know of Renaissance Hotel and Sheraton Imperial Hotel).
- Not quite luxury but still in the expensive range of skincare is Lancome Primordiale Nuit which is an amazing night cream I like too and have for years.
- Dior Capture XP Nuit overnight recovery serum seems to be working well for me now that I’m nearly done with the bottle!
For skin that needs hydration:-
- H20+ Face Oasis is a good choice – hydrates well and not many people have complained of breakouts. I’ve used up 1 tub and am on my 2nd!
- Clinique Moisture Surge works very well for me leaving my skin feeling hydrated, firm and all round looking good. I’m on my way to finishing this up too and I already have a backup 😛
To clean off makeup and general cleansing:-
- The I Nuovi Cleansing oil rocks my boat! Its light, cleans well and smells lovely. I also like the Neutrogena Cleansing Lotion that you can easily pick up at pharmacies and costs next to nothing.
- Speaking of next to nothing, pick up the Garnier Aqua Defense Cleansing Foam while you’re at it!
And my favourite sunscreen and sunblock of 2009 which I’m still using daily are:-
- La Roche Porsay Anthelios XL – Not cheap and has thick texture but I’m still loving it!
- Vichy UV-Activ – available in Malaysia and has lighter texture
- ZO Skin Health sunscreen + Primer – Crazy expensive but crazy awesome on the skin
For those who prefer something natural and organic, I’d pick either the Madara Regenerating Night Cream or Ren Skincare. And how can I forget the Kiehl’s Ultimate White Exfoliating scrub? A superstar that’ll last you till next Christmas! 😀
What are your skincare picks for 2009? Come on ladies, tell me what you like not what you don’t 🙂