Clinique’s offering for Fall 2009 is a compact palette containing 3 Color Surge Eyeshadows and 1 Soft Pressed Powder blush. I saw these at the Clinique counter in Gurney Plaza Penang over the weekend and played with them to my hearts content since the SA was too busy entertaining another customer to bother or even entertain me. But that’s a different story.
The compact is slightly larger than I expected but does look quite nice. Since its zip around, there is no risk of it opening up in transit which I thought was a bit of a genius idea. The silver colour makes it look sleek and it isn’t all that thick. Just nice to slip into your handbag, I’d say.
There are 3 combinations available:-
- Most Wanted Nudes – Color Surge Eyeshadow Trio Nude Deluxe and Pink Blush
- Most Wanted Berries – Color Surge Eyeshadow Trio in Pink Raspberry and New Clover blush
- Most Wanted Coral – Color Surge Eyeshadow Trio in Coral Reefs and Honey blush
I only saw the Most Wanted Nudes and Most Wanted Coral. Most Wanted Berries wasn’t on the counter. Some quick thoughts I had:-
- The 2 eyeshadow colors felt a little gritty to the touch. However, they do go on quite smooth and medium pigmented on the skin. The highlighter shade is awesome and soft to the touch. The 2 eye colours are rather small but it’ll still last you a long time.
- The blush is soft and very lovely when applied, not too pigmented but not too sheer. I like Clinique powder blushes – they are very decent quality.
- These make lovely gifts for someone starting out in makeup or someone who wants a compact travel palette.
Of the 2 palettes I saw, the one I’d get if I were getting these would be the Most Wanted Nudes palette. It would make a very useful palette for travel, since it contains light nude shades. The pink blush would perk up your cheeks nicely. Also, the eyeshadow can be amped up if you have a black kohl liner and if you pair it with red lips, you’re ready for the night!
Each palette retails for RM150 and are available at Clinique counters nationwide. Oh and they are limited edition too. I actually think its a very affordable price for a department store brand palette.
Have you seen these or do you own these? Do you have thoughts on them? I’m dithering… as I do :)